It's been brought to my attention... (rant)

Are you new to the forum?
Introductions, goodbyes, vacations, reunions...people stuff.
MDKiller1
Senpai - Elder

It's been brought to my attention... (rant)

Post by MDKiller1 »

I have been informed that some ppl out there believe that my Wife (Dee) and I (Mike) are running some kind of scam operation here and that we are trying to cheat ppl and even that some ppl believe that "Dee" and "Mike" are the same person.

First off, I'd like to point out that if we were trying to scam ppl, do you honestly believe that we would be honest about the fact that we still have yet to ship off some cels due to financial issues and time issues?

If we were running some sort of scam operation here, how do you explain all the people who have ordered thousands of dollars worth of cels from us in the past and recieved EVERY SINGLE CEL they ordered?

I ask you heartless ppl that accuse us of such horrible things as dishonesty... Have you ever had a child? have you ever had that child in the hospital? have you ever been in fear for your child's life? secondarily, have you ever had financial troubles?

We post up here, in perfect honesty, exactly what's going on with our cel shipments and the very personal aspects of our lives that have caused this and we are repayed by YOU ppl out there with the slandarous comments behind our backs... my wife actually thought of you ppl as sort of family...friends at the least, and that maybe you might understand...yet this is what you come up with... You've got to be kidding me!

you know what? don't buy from us if you think we're going to screw you over, we'd rather not sell to you...even in the situation we're in at the moment...if that's what you think of us. I know there are ppl out there in this community who have bought from us in the past that know we're good for our word and that we will gladly ship every single cel that is purchased from us...we've taken payment plans in good faith and we've stuck it out with ppl in the past who have been either slow to pay or slow to communicate, but we're honest ppl and will stick to our end of the deal to the last.

at the very least, I'd like to personally thank each one of you that has made a rude/snide/inconsiterate comment behind our backs for going the extra mile to make what is already a stressful time in our lives just a little bit more stressful. I can only hope I can find a way to tell my wife what wonderful friends she has here in a way that will minimize the emotional impact that I'm quite sure it will have on her.

Thanks so so so much.
Mike
"Look what I'm offering you-- your dreams I ask for so little. Just let me rule you, and you can have everything that you want. Just fear me, Love me, Do as I say, and I will be your slave"
EternityOfPain
Senpai - Elder

Post by EternityOfPain »

I have not been one to send you any of these rude remarks (nor am I currently waiting on a cel) but I have to say you are really just adding fuel to there cause.. I wont point them out because I don’t want to seem like I am siding with them, its just frankly the deadbeat sellers are on a rise and a lot of people are simply getting anxious (I am sure this is the reason).

As much as I want to say that what you are saying is right, your having hard times and I am sure most people can understand that. However, business and life isn't so kind, you sell a cel (any item).. Its very reasonable that the buyers become weary if the cel is not shipped for weeks and weeks at a time... I don't know if you know, but if you ship your package priority, and you call them (or email not exactly sure but check your post office) they will actually come to your house to pick up the box. Packing a cel takes maybe 10 minutes. I honestly (keep in mind from a third person point of view) can not see how you can not take 10 minutes each day to pack a cel. All I ask is that try and put yourself in the shoes of a buyer, who has been waiting for news about where there cel is. How would you feel? I am quite sure you'd feel the same way.
I didnt attend the funeral but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it. -Mark Twain
Anime runs my life. I'll leave it to anime to where my life leads me. -EoP
Anime I have Seen
Slippery slopes of hellish Ice.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

How much is that?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
moonrabitt
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by moonrabitt »

I hope that everything works out for both of you and that your kid get better :)

Don't listen to rude comments, some people are nice and some mean. Some are just not smart enough and don't think stuff through and jump to crazy accusations....

So good luck with your sales and wish you the best ^-^
MDKiller1
Senpai - Elder

Post by MDKiller1 »

It's just distressing, consitering our history with this community, that ppl just blindly throw away a long history of honesty and us being good sellers so quickly and accuse us of the things they have.

I would like to add that those buyers who are waiting on cel shipments have been contacted, we've talked with them about it, and from what I gathered from their conversations with us they've all been understanding of the situation and are willing to wait for their cels. so either they haven't been honest with us, somthing I'd not even like to contemplate, or it's just somone who doesn't know us going around spreading slandar about us.

Honestly, I don't know you ppl like my wife does, so I couldn't point any fingers if I wanted to. I just wish that ppl wouldn't flap their gums about what they know nothing about.

also to add... those ppl that are waiting for shipments from us all have our e-mail address, if they're getting anxious about it, they can e-mail us and talk to us about it...for now, I'm going to assume that the conversations I or my wife have had with them are in fact in line with how they really feel, and I'm going to assume that all of our current customers are good ppl and not talking about us behind our backs...and I will continue to believe this until I'm proven otherwise.

on a brighter note, thanks to all you well wishers out there. you guys really do help to lift our spirits with all your good will...my wife loves you all and will be happy to hear that some ppl on this forum still think well of us. =)

Mike
"Look what I'm offering you-- your dreams I ask for so little. Just let me rule you, and you can have everything that you want. Just fear me, Love me, Do as I say, and I will be your slave"
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

I know a lot of guys named Mike.
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

While I am not the person to which you refer--I have exchanged some rather harsh words with Dee in regards to some cels that are long owed to me and my fiance. So Dee & Mike or whomever is posting from your account: while anyone would sympathize with you, the simple fact is that you have appeared to take advantage of the good faith of your "family" here in the cel community. While we'd all love to trust you, it gets harder to trust with every passing week or month that you do not hold up your end of the deal.

We have given you our address at least 3+ times. You were paid in good faith more than 3 months ago, and I don't think it is too much to ask that you deliver. As EofP said, it does not take long to pack and ship cels. If you were so worried about your reputation, why did you still NOT ship the package as promised? You have been paid -- financial stress or not, you have been paid the cost of covering shipping, so truthfully, I find it hard to sympathize with you on that. If you spent the money, you spent money that essentially, wasn't yours to spend. If you need additional money to cover a larger than expected shipping bill, ask the person the package is for. But honestly, am I truly to believe you at this point after feeling as though I've been lied to for 3+ months?

I would rather not have another enemy in this community, but you have left me no other choices. I would like to believe that you will in good faith ship the cels you owe us, but I honestly have already written the money off as a loss.

Take care, and if you really want to dispell erroneous rumors, try making good on your deals--simple as that.
Ryouko
Kamisama - God

Post by Ryouko »

I believe a few weeks is a tolerant enough amount of time to wait when there are other pressing issues going on, but when you begin to surpass a month, then you should really hold up your end of the deal and deliver the cels that have been paid for.

I sympathize very much with your ordeal, my younger brother nearly died of meningitis when he was a baby. Do you have any close family to help relieve your stress and help out a bit?

I can understand your frustration in getting things done, especially when funds are tight. But if people have paid for the shipping of their cels, it's not fair to make them wait when you say you have no money to ship them to the buyers.

For packages that I know might be expensive to ship, I generally trust the buyer and charge them for shipping AFTER I have shipped the item. That way I don't undercharge myself and I don't overcharge the buyer.
Webmistress and owner of Picture Perfect:
http://www.rockman-exe.com/picture.html
http://ryouko.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
Always looking for high-quality Tamahome, Tasuki or Boshi-twin cels!
MDKiller1
Senpai - Elder

Post by MDKiller1 »

ok, last post of the night for me because I really need to get some sleep.

I'll be home for a few days to handle much of this as well as take care of the house and work...so I'd like to get as much of this worked out as I can while I'm here.

Zerospace, I am aware of the situation with your cel and I assure you, your cel will be the very next shipment that leaves this house...I can do nothing but appologize to you for the grevious delay and I will do as much as I can to make things right with you.

When we realized things were really getting out of control, we did offer many ppl their money back because we knew we were going to have trouble getting cels shipped out...those that wanted their money back got it, many ppl just told us to ship their cels out when the whole ordeal was over and that they understand...one person actually decided to file a claim against us on paypal rather than contact us and work it out, we refunded their money and then paypal gave them their money back again, so they not only got their money back but got it back twice and never corrected it, so that damaged us financially even more. damaged us even more so since most cel collectors use paypal...so you can thank one of your fellow collectors for a fair chunk of our inability to ship cels...that's neither here nor there though to some of you as Ryouku so nicely pointed out because we should have put shipping cels out before the health of our son. fingers can be pointed all we want though, but it accomplishes nothing. we know we're responsible for shipping out cels, that's why we post up here in all honesty telling you all that they haven't been shipped so that nobody can say we're trying to hide the facts.

bottom line, every cel will be shipped, that has always been our policy and always will be. if these events in our personal lives and the effects they have had on our ability to ship cels makes you not want to buy from us in the future, there's nothing we can do about that...but that will not change my mind about being open and honest with you all about the status of our shipments and our promise to make things right.

Zerospace, when you recieve your cels in the mail, I would really appreciate it if you would post up that you did in fact recieve them...late or not...because you will recieve them...nobody should ever have to "write off" money, you shouldn't either.

also, there was somone that requested their money back on a cel because they were going overseas and needed the money more than the cel...we tried to contact you to find out where you wanted us to send the money and never got a reply, I really hope you read this and send us a PM with where you want us to send the money so we can find a way to get it to you.

Also, as I'm looking through what's here to be shipped, I have a Tamahome Cel that's in the "to be shipped" box with no address to ship it to... My wife says the transaction was done via IM and I can't seem to find where we have the address...I'm pullin' my hair out here, could the person that is waiting for that cel please send a PM and let me know so I can at least get the shipment all ready to go out? thanks.

So there you have it... everything is out in the open for everyone to see. we're not hiding anything from anyone.

For the next few days, as mentioned earlier, I will be home trying to get things in order before I have to take off again. If anyone would like to call and talk more with me about their shipment status or the status of their cels please send me a PM and I will give you my cell phone number so you can call me and talk to me personally...I will happily work out whatever I can with you as well as hopefully be able to give you a time frame as to when I can get your cels shipped out.

Thanks again to those of you who have sent us your love and support, it really make a difference to us. Pray for a successful surgery and a quick recovery, I don't think I can handle loosing another family member in one year let alone my son.

Mike
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

Mike... Dee... I think most people on this board have made it clear: they sympathize with your situation with your son. That is not in question.

What is not right is that you sell your cels--take the money, and then don't deliver the cels in a timely manner. Even though your son is your priority -- and he should be -- you cannot use him as a shield for your lack of responsibility to those who have trusted you and then get upset when they want what they bought from you. It just doesn't work that way.

Being responsible means that you take responsibility for your actions--good and bad. It also means that you must not only be responsible for your son, but to the people whose money you have taken. Lectures aside -- I find it disappointing that it took someone spreading a rumor about you and probably a barrage of nasty emails among other things, to get you to "come clean" and "hide nothing" from those who have been waiting on you. It's what I'd call too little, too late. If we have to hound you, pester you, and threaten your reputation to get what you promised, you've already lost the war.

I will gladly, gladly post here when I receive the cels from you. I look forward to it.
kymaera
Heroine Addict

Post by kymaera »

I haven't had any dealings with you or really know anything about the situation other than what has been posted on here. But, I do have to point out one thing: there are a lot of liars on the internet. While it may be true in your case, there have been a lot of times when there have been a person claiming to be multiple people but it's all a lie....especially when there's the issue of "Oh, I know X owes you money, but I'm their relative/spouse/etc and they're too sick/dead to send it now." I used to be an admin on an online game and we had people trying to cheat by using multiple identities all the time. So, whenever I see claims of "oh..that's not me, that's someone else using my account", my first reaction is "yeah, right." unless I have evidence to the contrary. Good reputation in the past only buys you so much leeway as we're all familiar with ebay (or other) sellers that build up good reputations to start off with, then cut and run when they get a good pile of money flowing into them. Again, please don't take this as accusations against you...only trying to get you to understand where people are coming from.
Carla
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Carla »

Am I the only one that thinks this post should be in the Speak Easy??? /hmm
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

All humans seem the same to me.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Not Sir Phobos
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by Not Sir Phobos »

Sorry to hear about your troubles, tell dee I say hi.

I know what it's like to fall on hard times, and I REALLY know how horrible paypal woes can be. I've had both at the same time which locked up our shipping operation as well. It really is sad when people "help" you out because of the hard time you are in then get pissy and say crap about you behind your back because you can't operate efficiently because of the hard time they already knew about. I can empathize and sympathize with you.

Good luck with your son, and good luck with your cel situation as well.
God's in his heaven, All's right with the world
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

My 2cts worth,

Being a parent who had a child on the edge of life & death I know that it's very hard to pull yourself away even to tend to the little things like sending bills or other obligations.

Mike & Dee , your child is in our thought and prayers.

To those who have questions or awaiting your cels , Mike has offered to give you his phone number and talk to you in person rather than the internet , I suggest that those who have questions as to whether Mike is a "phantom" take him up on his offer and pm him and see if you are given the ph # then call it.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison