Sellers Beware

Are you new to the forum?
Introductions, goodbyes, vacations, reunions...people stuff.
Angelic-Lair
Kishin - Fierce God

Sellers Beware

Post by Angelic-Lair »

Hello everyone!

It seems we must make the cel community aware of a problem buyer.

We are unsure of her real name because she has used multiple aliases in her past dealings with us. She has, however, given us the following names: Karissa Gilbertson, Karissa Woodruff, Schala Woodruff, and Link Tsubasa, and has used addresses from both Tacoma WA (98422) and Portsmouth VA (23704) in the past. Her emails have come from both Hotmail and Live.com accounts.

What did she do?

Basically, she ordered items from our site, made a down-payment and never finished making payment. She informed us that the payments, which were overdue, were in the mail; but no tracking information was ever provided. When we informed her that we were canceling her order, she placed another order under a different name for one of the items she had failed to make payment for.

In all fairness, we did keep her original payment of $150, which we took as a down-payment on a larger order. Still, our site clearly states that we may keep any payments in the event of a failure-to-pay situation.

Fast-forward eight months...

Now we find this person bidding on - and winning - our eBay auctions using multiple recently-created ID's, including: link.tothepast and firespiritnorwin. This is a problem because, once again, the check is NOT in the mail.

Thankfully she has limited her activity (so far) to two of the items that she originally attempted to purchase from us, but we're getting tired of her wasting our time.

We are also aware of another seller who has had problems with this person in the past and we'd like to help keep the number of affected sellers to a minimum, thus why we are bringing this matter to everyone's attention.

Thanks!

-Joel & Valerie
Angelic-Lair.com
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

In the past month, she has purchased more than $400 worth of cels from me and has paid in full for all items. Just to let folks know.
lcatino
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by lcatino »

I believe I've seen her name on Midori's blacklist also. :roll:

~ Beauty is everywhere. You just have to open your eyes. ~
Belldandy16
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Belldandy16 »

its funny, it almost sounds like she took Joel and Valerie's payment and instead used it to buy from Rei. /?:
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

that buyer recently bought a lower-end cel from me with no problems, but really sorry to Val & Joel, sounds like they got burned... :?
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

Rei and Uchiha,

Which account/name/mailing address (city, st)/email did the paying buyer use?

I only ask because I wonder if the account that paid both of you was the same. So that people know which of the above is actually an account that pays.
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

norwinfirespirit[at]live.com
Portsmouth, VA

Transactions were done through the Rubberslug Shop.

In the past month I've received about 15 e-mails from her, so I cannot fault her communication or her payment.
Last edited by ReiTheJelly on Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iwakuralain16

Post by iwakuralain16 »

lcatino wrote:I believe I've seen her name on Midori's blacklist also. :roll:
They are on Midori's blacklist and has been on there for awhile now. Thank you for making us aware of the situation.
Last edited by iwakuralain16 on Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

it was an ebay transaction using firespiritnorwin.
Angelic-Lair
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Angelic-Lair »

We thank everybody for their input and we are happy to hear other collectors have had good dealings with this buyer.
uchiha615 wrote:it was an ebay transaction using firespiritnorwin.
According to eBay, firespiritnorwin is no longer a registered user.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... llFeedback
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

That name is familiar to me. I believe this person had contacted me several times regarding Trunks cels and making offers. Once I accepted the offers they up and disappeared. :shrug She is on Midori's blacklist though which makes her on my blacklist as well. :redhot
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

Killua

Post by Killua »

This person agreed to buy a few hundred dollars worth of anime and video game goods from me about a year ago. She strung me along a few months promising payment, saying she had sent payment several times, saying oh no, paypal was not letting her do stuff, said she was sending a check, etc. Basically lying through her teeth for a period of months and in the end delivering absolutely nothing. She gave me an address in northern Virginia. I'm not sure if I still have it. Maybe.

She has an anime-beta account. It is magus10zeal and this is her Rubberslug page: http://magus10zeal.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp

She also claimed to me she wasn't Karissa Gilbertson, at least the same one Midori blacklisted. She said that was her room mate or friend or something, and they shared emails and paypal and ebay accounts, and she was dealing with all the bad rep her "friend" created. As her behavior was basically the same and she lied through her teeth like crazy, I'm sure she's the same person, although it doesn't really matter that much.

Also, I'm aware of at least another RS'er who has had troubles with this person.
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Huh. Maybe she has schizophrenia? The RS site you listed is not the same one she linked me to.
Killua

Post by Killua »

That would make sense, of course. She trashes her old identities so thoroughly she needs to make up new ones.
miz ducky
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by miz ducky »

A Mu Norwin, from norwinfirespirit[at]live.com just contacted me to try to make an offer on my gallery (via RS feedback).

I have no idea if we'll make a deal, but if something happens, I'll post about it.