hey everybody, a noob to the site^^

Are you new to the forum?
Introductions, goodbyes, vacations, reunions...people stuff.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

Keropi wrote:
theultimatebrucelee wrote:nice, that's quite a good game and I was able to get 3/5 good endings and a few other endings with the help of a chinese guide, but the other good endings won't show up for some reason even with the guide, so thanks alot for the site! I'll need to register right away. and yeah, I can't wait for cross days to come out lol
What's Cross Days? ?^_^?

So the company didn't go bankrupt after that Summer Days fiasco?

By the way...if you ever get a chance to play the machine English translated version of Giniro (Silver) by Nekoneko you should play it. The story was awesome. It's a masterpiece.

This is near the ending of the first story arc (BIG SPOILERS, but this version has Japanese text):

NEAR OF FIRST STORY ARC SPOILERS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WaJNJCoVJg

Like AIR it has several story arcs. The stories seem unrelated at first, but they all come together beautifully at the end. It's about a Silver thread that is said to grant any wish, but the wish comes at a cost. The thread is passed down through the ages through the hands of various characters. It's starts off during the Heian Era and moves toward the Modern Era.
crossdays is school days, with a new main char viewing the story in a different prospective, I've played a demo and it seems quite nicely done, like school days with better graphic, I heard summer days failed, big time..

that's not important, so uh, I'm very, very carious at this Giniro game you talked about, it looks beautiful and the story sounds like a very emotional one, just the kind I love.

so I was wondering where I can download this game, with the english translation patch(?), since I don't really understand japanese and all 8)
PM me if the message is off topic or too long, if required lol
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

"Why do I need to register to this forums at all? " You may not have too, it is up to the administrator of the board as to whether you need to register in order to post messages. However registration will give you access to additional features not available to guest users such as definable avatar images, private messaging, emailing of fellow users, usergroup subscription, etc. It only takes a few moments to register so it is recommended you do so.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Golden Boy
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Golden Boy »

Welcome to Beta, lee!

gb :wink:
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

theultimatebrucelee wrote:how do you guys do pictures of your cels? scan them on a printer or take close up photos?
Most collectors scan their artwork and upload the pictures to Rubberslug. The damage they get from the scanner is neglible.
theultimatebrucelee wrote:crossdays is school days, with a new main char viewing the story in a different prospective, I've played a demo and it seems quite nicely done, like school days with better graphic,
Ah..okay. I see. I wonder if they'll include Very Bad Endings in there. It wouldn't feel like a sequel without worse than average Bad Endings. :)
so I was wondering where I can download this game, with the english translation patch(?), since I don't really understand japanese and all 8)
Unfortunately I bought it a long time ago. It included a machine translated English translation. It was an experiment they did releasing it that way, but there aren't enough English players to justify the expense of doing something like that. The game went out of print when the company folded. I bought a second copy of the same version of the game I had so that I could lend out the DVD and 2-CDs that it came with (two copies of the game), but unfortunately I no longer have any to lend out.

There was a reissue of the game not too long ago. I heard they adapted it to work better in XP/?Vista. The original game already worked pretty well in XP, but you had to run a free translation program to get the English text to show properly. I could try to find the seller's link or let you know if I see it on Yahoo Japan if you want. Sorry, but I'm not familiar with game downloading sites.
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

theultimatebrucelee wrote:I spent 3 days going through rubberslug gallery and found some amazingly awesome cels that I would like to own. So I was wondering how I can contact the gallery owners and let them know I'm interested in at least one of their cels and would like to try and make offers to buy from them(of course, I won't go for NFS ones)..maybe through feedback? is there any other method?
There is an etiquette about contacting curators and making offers, and I'd say at minimum you should first ask if making an offer is appropriate. Some curators are irritated by "blind" offers, and some make it clear on their page that they are not receptive to such contacts. Others suggest on their "Wishlist" pages that they are open to trades rather than offers, particularly if you have something that they would like.

Myself, I've never accepted an offer, but I have on many occasions negotiated trades and usually been more than happy with the result.

Another way is to watch Beta for curators to announce an "offers period," and then check and see if there is anything you want. Do try to have a sense of what something normally sells for, though, and don't make an offer that is absurdly low (or high! it might be accepted!)
how do you guys do pictures of your cels? scan them on a printer or take close up photos? it seems to me the idea of scanning would put cels at risk of being damaged..
I have a Canon LIDE Canoscan scanner, which works very quickly and so does not subject the artwork to light for more than a fraction of a second per area. The real danger is not from light, but from the possibility of accidentally scratching the cel when it is out of its bag.

For very large items, I do use a digital camera, but it sometimes is tricky to set up a "light table" arrangement to get a good photo, and usually there is the problem of light reflecting off the front of the cel. It can be done, but it involves leaving the cel out of the bag for a longer and longer period, increasing the chance that your cat will want to take a nap on top of it or etc.

I'd say start with an inexpensive scanner (the Canon standalones are very convenient and economical) and worry about digital photos when you have something that absolutely requires it. And wash your hands before you open the cel bag.

Hope this helps, a little.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Perhaps. Most people hear about me that way.
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Belldandy16
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Belldandy16 »

sensei wrote: Do try to have a sense of what something normally sells for, though, and don't make an offer that is absurdly low
oooh yeah definately dont do that... X|
got part of a leg and half my butt chewed off for that mistake… :hurt:

btw sensei, love your new avatar!
one day i had left my computer on this site and your avatar showing … i turned around to help a kid and when i look back three others were mezmurized by it :wow: :wow: :wow: /heh
think you could make a movie version of it so itll make em be quiet in class? :bow :D
sensei

Post by sensei »

Thanks, as usual, to Vampyreshoujo, the master gif-animator.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

There's someone behind you.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Belldandy16
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Belldandy16 »

:bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow /no1
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

I'll think about that.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

ahhhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHH....my welcome party thread being spammed 8)
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Keropi wrote:
theultimatebrucelee wrote:how do you guys do pictures of your cels? scan them on a printer or take close up photos?
Most collectors scan their artwork and upload the pictures to Rubberslug. The damage they get from the scanner is neglible.
theultimatebrucelee wrote:crossdays is school days, with a new main char viewing the story in a different prospective, I've played a demo and it seems quite nicely done, like school days with better graphic,
Ah..okay. I see. I wonder if they'll include Very Bad Endings in there. It wouldn't feel like a sequel without worse than average Bad Endings. :)
Unfortunately I bought it a long time ago. It included a machine translated English translation. It was an experiment they did releasing it that way, but there aren't enough English players to justify the expense of doing something like that. The game went out of print when the company folded. I bought a second copy of the same version of the game I had so that I could lend out the DVD and 2-CDs that it came with (two copies of the game), but unfortunately I no longer have any to lend out.

There was a reissue of the game not too long ago. I heard they adapted it to work better in XP/?Vista. The original game already worked pretty well in XP, but you had to run a free translation program to get the English text to show properly. I could try to find the seller's link or let you know if I see it on Yahoo Japan if you want. Sorry, but I'm not familiar with game downloading sites.

I scanned a piece of crappy cel with my new printer but I'm not sure if its the printer's problem or is the cel already like that when I took a look at it after the scan the ink lines seems to be fading away(maybe I'll need to buy a special scanner)..hope that's not the printer's problem, otherwise in the future I'll just somehow have to manage with photos.

for the game, I'll see what I can do, if I can't find a torrent somewhere...then I'll have to settle with the last resort of buying :D