Greetings!

Are you new to the forum?
Introductions, goodbyes, vacations, reunions...people stuff.
eyes0nme19
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Greetings!

Post by eyes0nme19 »

Hello everyone at anime-beta :D

I'm new here, and I only just started to collect cels in November of last year. I've always loved watching anime but it never occurred to me that people could buy cels/sketches from anime. Disney yes, I see it all the time in stores, but never anime. It was actually by accident that I came to know about cels. Back in Nov 2009, Christmas was approaching, I offered to buy a gift for my sister. So she started browsing Hana yori dango on ebay because she loves the anime and the manga and coincidentally found a cel. She brought it to my attention and told me about it. I didn't know much about cels or the value so I bidded really low...and eventually lost, lol. That was when I realized how competitive and rare cels were. From that point on, I began researching it and imagine my surprise when I found out there was a whole community of people out there dedicated to collecting cels. And I guess you could say the rest was history.

So far I'm really enjoying this hobby. The only downside about it is that I find myself spending all my money...really fast. No really. Really fast! It's a little scary how much money I've spent on my collection so far. When I first started collecting I couldn't even imagine spending more than $40 for a cel/sketch. Can't say the same now, lol.

Right now my collection consists of: Bleach, Naruto, Law of Ueki, Hana Yori Dango, Flame of Recca, Slam Dunk, Get Backers, and Yu-gi-oh. Hopefully I'll be able to add more of my fav anime series in the future ^__^

Took me a while to figure out that this forum was where all the cel collectors were at. I thought it was just a place where people placed their cels for sale :P

So to conclude my very long blog, I would like say hi to all my fellow collectors (as cheesy as that sounds). Hopefully I'll get to know all of you and make many friends along the way.

-Michelle
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Welcome to Anime Beta and collecting!

Yes...the hobby can be very addictive at times especially when you first start out. It's like the combination of

anime hobby + anime cel/sketch collecting = Dangerous 8O
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Who told you that?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
eyes0nme19
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by eyes0nme19 »

/thx Keropi :) Your exactly right about it being dangerous...dangerously expensive and borderline obsessive if you ask me, lol.
syan
Senpai - Elder

Post by syan »

Welcome to Beta! :)
eyes0nme19
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by eyes0nme19 »

/thx syan
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

That is a very original thought.
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Kata
Sakabatō Sheath

Post by Kata »

Welcome to Anime-Beta and to Cel/Sketch Collecting! ^_^ :D

Happy Hunting! 8)
Kata

Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

What are the advantages to being 8 years old?
-I, Robot (Asimov)
eyes0nme19
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by eyes0nme19 »

Thanks Kata! :^^:
Belldandy16
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Belldandy16 »

Hello Michelle!
welcome to the forum (and to the hobby too)! :D

heh, i totally understand when you talk about not even wanting to spend $50 for a cel/sketch when you first start out.
i was the same way… and now tonight i almost spent my entire refund check on a wishlist sketch... but lost … whew. lol

but another wishlist cel just popped up on ebay and hopefully… fingers crossed… im just a half hour away from getting it… wish me luck my friends…

wooooo hooooo!!!!!!

*dives into the deep end*
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

And. Where did you lose your … whew ?
-I, Robot (Asimov)
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

A newbie! A newbie! Sensei opens the banana closet

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

You will eventually learn that adopting cels is cheap, addictive, and time consuming; yet I've not found anything yet, including craft beer, that is so richly enjoyable. You'll also learn what a responsibility taking ownership of a precious, unique, and irreplaceable work of art involves.
Last edited by sensei on Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LLslickD
Eiketsu - Mastermind
Location: From days ago, from uncharted regions of the universe

Post by LLslickD »

Welcome to the boards!

Ah! your the one who got that Bleach genga! I take back that welcome! Jokes, jokes. :joke Awesome Genga though and a great starting point on your Bleach collection! looking forward to watching it grow!
Last edited by LLslickD on Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Zaraki Squad, 3rd Seat, Madarame Ikkaku! You don't need to tell me your name, just remember mine. It's the name of the man who's about to kill you!"
-Bleach Ep. 117
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

I think I smell something wierd.
-I, Robot (Asimov)