That guy from Anime Chaos / Shopping Mall Japan.

Are you new to the forum?
Introductions, goodbyes, vacations, reunions...people stuff.
Animechaos
Kishin - Fierce God

That guy from Anime Chaos / Shopping Mall Japan.

Post by Animechaos »

A lot of you folks already know who I am, but figured I'd re-introduce myself a bit.

Just about everyone here probably purchased a cel or two from me back when I was running animechaos.com. I started out as a small-fry and ended up being one of the largest cel sellers online.

Unfortunetly since everything was going CG we decided to expand and make the "Anime Chaos Deputy Service." But before that we had to get rid of some of the cels, and that 80% off cel sale I had was probably the most horrendous thing I ever did. It took over a week to get the orders all filled and I barely slept at all. Anime Chaos was a 1 man show, so I did everything on my own. X|

Well...the cel sale was great and the deputy service exploded and evolved into shoppingmalljapan.com, which we're argueably the largest Japanese deputy service out there. (thanks to you guys of course!)

Now some folks have wondered if I still collect cels, or if I'm just a guy in a suit now. Far from it! :P And here are a few pics of my geek room / home office so you can see:

I might end up selling off my huge DVD collection since I'm going mostly digital, but then I just have to buy more stuff to fill in the spaces. :evil: Guess I'm a just a big otaku. 8)
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Wah...very cool room. Love the stand ups!

Are those framed sketches? It's hard to tell from the pictures.
pixie_princess
Kamisama - God

Post by pixie_princess »

Awesome room! I'm one of your very happy customers. Love smj, and I was able to aquire a few pieces from that infamous sale of yours ^_^
Captain Haddock
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Captain Haddock »

Of all the things I noticed I couldn't help picking up on the TNN Sara, that's a gorgeous cel you've got of her. That and the Neo Geo stand up, I remember the consoles with the games that cost £100 or so as they were 64bit as I recall. Nice pad :D .
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

nice figure/dvd collection man, should post those photos over at hongfire's bragging thread, prably get more customers as well :D
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

I'm happy that all the funds I've sent your way since 2001 have gone to advance a worthy cause.

Sensei looks very hard at the photos to see if that fantabulous CCS Ep. 70 episode-ender cel is up in a frame somewhere.
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Now I know where all my donations have gone over the years...

To a maid service, of course! :)

I mean, look at that room. It's surprisingly clean. Only one coke can lying around? I'd expect a stack of pizza boxes somewhere considering how much hard work y'all have put in.

Or is that hidden under your desk? I noticed that the photos don't show that angle. :D

I love the Oishi-orgasmic Kagome cel. Great photos!
beatrush
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by beatrush »

I wish I was collecting during the time you were running anime chaos. I heard a lot about the legendary stuff you used to sell.

and wow, that is an amazing collection.
Animechaos
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Animechaos »

lol, actually on the floor I have a custom printed rug with both the AC and SMJ logo's on it along with Etna looking smexy. Does need vaccumed though. ;)

And yes, that guitar is a Gibson Les Paul Traditional Honey Sunburst (same one Yui from K-On has) that I've been learning to play.
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Nice office. If that were mine, I'm not sure how much actual work I'd accomplish... :D
Belldandy
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Belldandy »

Woah! That rug is amazing! I think you ALMOST have as many DVDs as I do XP Nice to see you still have some of those beautiful Ryoko cels!
Cordelia
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Cordelia »

I hope my manga room can look like yours one day :)
Animechaos
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Animechaos »

There are actually a lot of DVDs not pictured. About 400 or so in cases on the floor and probably double that just aren't shown in the pics.
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

(looks at the picture of the clean floor)

I call Shenanigans! :)
Ryouko
Kamisama - God

Post by Ryouko »

Oh wow. XD Thank you so much for sharing with us! I know a few of my most prized cels have come from your old cel site. Including my Violinist of Hameln Raiel that I ordered when you updated on my birthday, way back when. :)

Fabulous room, I'm uber jealous! I can't wait to live in a place of my own again so I can geek it up. XD
Webmistress and owner of Picture Perfect:
http://www.rockman-exe.com/picture.html
http://ryouko.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
Always looking for high-quality Tamahome, Tasuki or Boshi-twin cels!