Ralph version 2.0 - A Weight-Loss Journey

Are you new to the forum?
Introductions, goodbyes, vacations, reunions...people stuff.
RalphVboy
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Ralph version 2.0 - A Weight-Loss Journey

Post by RalphVboy »

Hi everybody,

It's been awhile! I've been a bit out of touch with cel/sketch collecting lately but it's not a hobby I'm ever willing to let go of lol. That said, I'm still in the game and have a new cel and a few sketch sets to share with y'all in the near future.

But let's get to the heart of this thread. I'm one of those guys that have always struggled with weight. Earlier this year knowing I was turning 25 in June I resolved to do something about it. So since February I've been eating right and working out to get to where I want to be. And now I'm ready to show you all the results in this album :)

The photos in this album show before and after pics of my weight loss. It's been tough, but I've gotten loads of support from family, friends, co-workers and most especially my Jennifer <3 So here is the album that leads us to Ralph version 2.0

http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a371/ ... ight-Loss/

The first 3 photos show me at my heaviest, which was 256 lbs! So far I've lost 60 lbs. I've got about 20 lbs. left to reach my goal, but I'll be shooting for another 30. Time will tell if I can pull it off but you all have my word that I'll do my best to make it ;)

- Ralph
Sky Rat
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Sky Rat »

Wow I can't believe you made that much progress just since February!! You've been working hard! Congratulations ^__^
glorff
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by glorff »

Doing great, but remember that this has to be a permanent change, not a diet. That will insure that you keep it off. :wink:
I lost 40+ and kept it off for twenty years, but have been backsliding lately X|
Dave

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.
Shampoo
Kiba-phile

Post by Shampoo »

WOohooo! Go Ralph!
:hello
Dude that is awesome! You are amazing!,
:woot:
You really should feel proud of your accomplishment and
how far you've come in your personal goal.
Of course you were a cutie before anyways, but you look
great!
/no1 :wink:
Its like Dave says thou, now the hard part is
keeping the balance.
But I think once you get in the groove like you already have
its easy to keep the momentum going. The hardest part is
starting.

Congrats Rizzle!!
:jump :jump
Sky Rat
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Sky Rat »

It’s only difficult for a while, after you’ve stuck with the lifestyle changes for long enough they become habits rather than effort. I found that after a few months your body adjusts, when you get used to eating less your appetite will change and you don’t get as hungry as you did when you were used to eating more. If you’re not used to eating junk food all the time you stop craving it as much, etc. It can be very hard at first but the longer you stick with the changes the easier it gets and they just become normal rather than a state of ‘dieting’ etc. I lost around 50 lbs 3 years ago and I really haven’t found it difficult at all to keep off. It’s just a matter of getting through the first few months while you’re body re-programs itself.

Ralph will do it!!!
Goldknight
RULER

Post by Goldknight »

:jaw Dang you look awesome Ralphy! /no1 /no1 /no1 /no1 /no1
"Life can only be lived looking forward. It is understood when looking backwards" - Hadji From Real Adventures of Jonny Quest
Gold Knight's Cel Gallery - Rubberslug

kathpatty
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by kathpatty »

Wow !!!
So happy for you !
And your smiles in the last pictures just say it all
Congratulations!! Everything is possible , but it takes action on our part
Again....WOW !!!!
A Man Who Views The World The Same At Fifty As He Did At Twenty Has Wasted Thirty Years Of His Life. - Muhammad Ali
Ryouko
Kamisama - God

Post by Ryouko »

Congratulations on your weight loss! I'm so very proud of you. :) I'm in the same boat - I lost 60 pounds too my senior year of highschool, and have kept it off for 10 years now. You will never regret the hard work you put into getting healthy!
Webmistress and owner of Picture Perfect:
http://www.rockman-exe.com/picture.html
http://ryouko.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
Always looking for high-quality Tamahome, Tasuki or Boshi-twin cels!
iwakuralain16

Post by iwakuralain16 »

congratz!! it is tough but keep up with it! :)
RalphVboy

Post by RalphVboy »

Thank you Sky Rat, glorff, Shampoo, Gold Knight, kathpatty, Ryouko, and iwakuralain for the kind words /thx I promise I''ll do my best to be as healthy as I can be :)