Age Groups-

Are you new to the forum?
Introductions, goodbyes, vacations, reunions...people stuff.

Which Age Bracket?

0-15
2%
16-26
50%
27-35
27%
36-45
14%
46-55
5%
56+
2%

Total votes: 121

Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

I'll think about that.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
hobbywhelmed
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

agely speaking

Post by hobbywhelmed »

Actually, I've become notable at my local Suncoast and bookstores. Nobody asks any more if I'm buying the anime or manga for my "children".

It only took a couple of snarled responses like "I never had kids. I don't like sharing my toys," or "No children. You can only afford to buy toys for one person in this life. I had to choose."

:badass
Krafty
Custodian of Records

Post by Krafty »

Keropi wrote:When you're online it's not how old you are, but how old you seem to be. Online some twelve year olds act like fourty year olds and some fourty year olds act like nine year olds. X|
Heh, I totally hear you there Keropi, most times I act mature but when I'm in a particular mood, I might make some silly posts as if I were a child :P It's all good fun!
With regard to the poll results, I'm really pleased with the ratio, many forums are plagued with young'uns and the discussions aren't normally productive. However all the adults here are big kids anyway, so that doesn't help justify my statement :)
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

:-) Perhaps there are a few exceptions.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
hobbywhelmed

Post by hobbywhelmed »

Krafty - cute avatar!

I find it interesting, though, from decades of being in SF fandom, and media fandom and anime fandom, that things are still relatively "underground". There is still amazement in Suburbia that people bought and got into costumes to go see the SW first showings.

OTOH - my perspective: Ha! I had to make Vulcan ears before they were mass-produced! There's a tortured head-mask of a werewolf out in the landfill somewhere, and test swatch of skin-tone paint shades! (BTW, if anyone wants to dress up as a zombie for the Land of the Dead premiere, I know how to make cool open wounds and skin flaps from skin latex!)

Cel-collecting, too, stays kind of private, I guess. Does anyone pull out the cel books for company, along with the family photo albums? (I have this idea to put postcards from around the world into an album and show that. "And here's the trip to England I couldn't make because of an OP cel from...." "And I almost went to Hawaii but a really important auction was ending about an hour after we would have taken off..."
yoshito

Post by yoshito »

hobbywhelmed wrote:Cel-collecting, too, stays kind of private, I guess. Does anyone pull out the cel books for company, along with the family photo albums? (I have this idea to put postcards from around the world into an album and show that. "And here's the trip to England I couldn't make because of an OP cel from...." "And I almost went to Hawaii but a really important auction was ending about an hour after we would have taken off..."
Actually, it is quite odd. Although all my friends know about my collecting of cels, none have really seen more than one or two from my collection. >.> Plus my cousin came over one time and I wasn't home. Parents told him about my cels, and he almost called me on my trip just to find out where they were. >.<

Sounds like this might be a closet hobby.
Click here if you agree with InuYasha.