hey everybody, a noob to the site^^

Are you new to the forum?
Introductions, goodbyes, vacations, reunions...people stuff.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

theultimatebrucelee wrote:never played any title(tho I do have the LE ver of tokimemo1 for ps somewhere)..but I would love to play 4 if they do decides to translate it in the future :)
Hmm...I hadn't even looked at any of the pictures from TokiMemo 4 yet, but they actually look pretty good:

http://media.psp.ign.com/media/032/032496/imgs_1.html

The skirts are shorter now although that shouldn't come as any surprise considering how student uniforms are drawn these days. I wouldn't buy a whole new gaming system just to play one game though. :P

The recession seems to have encouraged people to put more Tokimeki Memorial cels on Yahoo Japan. There a lot more there than there used to be and there seem to be less bidders for them too (well...more time has passed since the anime/game came out that's one reason also).
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

it looks like they are from two different schools or somthin, the main heroine's got longer skirts than those other girls..psp man, in my opinion is the greatest gaming system right now that has the most good RPGs(just finished playing Y's 7 other other day and its one hack of a amazing game) or any other genres of games out there, and also you can take it everywhere.

recession, what can I say its..nice to see fellow collectors forking out their own precious collections lol prably once in a life time opportunity, and less bidders just makes it that much more awesome :D now I just wish someone could hurry up and put up some kikyo cels :D tho mandarake was the last place I saw with any decent looking ones, too bad I was broke at the time..

@cscratch: thanks, do you also collect resin kits(I only collect finshed ones as I don't paint them myself)?
Last edited by theultimatebrucelee on Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

And. Tell me the rules.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

whos..cloud?
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

theultimatebrucelee wrote: it looks like they are from two different schools or somthin, the main heroine's got longer skirts than those other girls
It looks a lot better than Tokimeki Memorial 3 with those awful looking 3-D female characters in it. The TokiMemo 3 characters looked like they had the same face with different hair colors. Lol :D

2-D is still a lot better for such things unless you're willing to spend a lot of money to use good video clips for games such as Final Fantasy XIII:

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2010/02 ... -thoughts/

I guess they're having characters that go to another school again. I'm surprised that MOST of the characters seem to be from the OTHER school. It just lets them show another school uniform I suppose. :shrug
Killua
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Killua »

theultimatebrucelee wrote:whos..cloud?
He's a bot the founder of Anime-Beta made. He makes random posts replying to others.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Can I help you?
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
toonybabe
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by toonybabe »

Welcome to Beta! Its awesome that you like Kikyo - cool cels of her are expensive though! Can't wait to see your gallery!
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Keropi wrote:
theultimatebrucelee wrote: it looks like they are from two different schools or somthin, the main heroine's got longer skirts than those other girls
It looks a lot better than Tokimeki Memorial 3 with those awful looking 3-D female characters in it. The TokiMemo 3 characters looked like they had the same face with different hair colors. Lol :D

2-D is still a lot better for such things unless you're willing to spend a lot of money to use good video clips for games such as Final Fantasy XIII:

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2010/02 ... -thoughts/

I guess they're having characters that go to another school again. I'm surprised that MOST of the characters seem to be from the OTHER school. It just lets them show another school uniform I suppose. :shrug
lol totally agrees, TM3 char looks like dollfies, just same face with different wigs and accessories, tho I would love to see FFXIII CG level of graphics being used in future TM series, very carious on how that would turn out lol but other than that, stick with 2D would be their best bet like you said, cheap and efficient.

btw, did you play other PS visual novel/dating sim games?
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Once more? What do you study at school?
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

theultimatebrucelee wrote: btw, did you play other PS visual novel/dating sim games?
I've played forty bishoujo games through the years, but I still consider myself a novice because I haven't played a wide variety of them. If I understood more Japanese I would better be able to play the games that weren't translated into English.

I've been playing Shuffle recently and I've got Suika on hand for after I finish that. Maybe I'll try Higurashi later and maybe even Soul Link. The Soul Link anime was pretty campy though so I'm not so sure about that one.

Most of the games I played were on computer, but I played Sentimental Graffiti 2 on the Dreamcast. I played To Heart on the PSX. Kisetsu wo Dakishimete (PSX) was a good game. Kisetsu wo Dakishimete was an early animated game and had Kotono Mitsuishi doing one of the voices. Too bad that one wasn't turned into an anime. :(
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

haha, 40 is alot, and I myself have a bunch of those kind games on pc, but mostly adults related, currently playing school days..such a good game

:l

I was wondering if you have played those two games from PS days..
http://game.china.com/zh_cn/psp/cn/1106 ... 47706.html
http://game.china.com/zh_cn/psp/cn/1106 ... 47652.html

I was playing them awhile ago, but no matter how many times I try I couldn't get out more than a few endings, its driving me nuts and I've given up..
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I played Kisetsu wo Dakishimete, but it was eight years ago so it's difficult for me to remember how it went. I got a few endings, but since I wasn't able to understand that much of it I gave up on trying to see other endings. :D

The game got good ratings over at the Yahoo Groups ren'ai game board 7,8,9 and 10). I'm not the one to talk about it though. I know the creator of the group played it. Perhps you might want to ask him about it:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/renai_games/

It was quite a long time ago when they talked about it though.

The School Days game is pretty crazy. I've seen a bunch of clips from the two games. 8O :D
Belldandy16
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Belldandy16 »

just realized i didnt say hello! lol :D
sorry! Welcome to AB! Glad youre here!
:handshake:
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Yes it is about time.
-I, Robot (Asimov)