osanji...Are you out there anywhere?

Are you new to the forum?
Introductions, goodbyes, vacations, reunions...people stuff.
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

kymaera wrote:If you used paypal to pay, there's a tab called "resolution center" when
you log in. Click on it and follow the directions.
Just as a heads-up, apparently, if this person has no funds in his/her Paypal account by the time any disputes are settled, you will get nothing back. Plus, it will take at least a month. Screw what Paypal says about timelines. It will take a month. :evil: The seller who screwed me oner never even replied to anything Paypal sent them, and I barely got my resolution yesterday--one month and one day after I started the dispute. My email said they were giving me a "partial refund." I don't see how zero can be a partial part of anything. :bwall

Of course, if you spent a lot of money and used a credit card via Paypal, you can get some back minus the fee they charge (I think it's $10?).
kymaera
Heroine Addict

Post by kymaera »

Crap. I'm pretty sure I did a bank transfer on this one :(
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

Kujaku wrote:Oh man! I won two trigun cels from her! I paid with a postal money order :l

Please, please have computer problems or something. I want my cels or at least my money back!!!!!!! :cry:

Kujaku :cat
If you paid via a postal money order then you should hopefully have this person's address. If you do I would contact the nearest police station and file a complaint . I would also do this with the local post office. A simple internet search should provide you with contact #s
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
aernath
Perv-chan
Location: Half way across the country from where I was last time!

Post by aernath »

klet wrote:Of course, if you spent a lot of money and used a credit card via Paypal, you can get some back minus the fee they charge (I think it's $10?).
Well, I paid with paypal (just did the dispute thingy), but am only out $17 total. Ten for the cel, seven for shipping. If they charge me ten for the claim...? X|
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

If you did a dispute, they won't charge you. The only thing I believe they charge you for is if you go through your credit card company and ask them to do a charge back. In other words, your credit card company takes the money back from Paypal automatically, without really consulting them. From what I understand, those are pretty easy to get, which is why Paypal charges a fee. It's also one of the number one reasons why sellers hate taking Paypal.

All I really know about the dispute process is that I was promised a partial refund, and I got nothing. I believe it was because the seller had no money in her paypal account--I think I read that on a thread here. Paypal really doesn't make enough info on disputes available before you file one. :evil:

EDIT: I found it!! Nene was talking about it earlier and I took a note of it because I was still waiting for an answer about my own dispute. BTW, for the record, though she uses the word "chargeback" what she is actually talking about is a Paypal dispute. A chargeback is when you go through your credit card company; a dispute is when you go through Paypal.

kymaera--Maybe you can do a sort of "chargeback" through your bank if the dispute doesn't get you anything?

BTW, in case anyone's curious, my dispute was with a different seller--I haven't had dealings with the seller we are discussing now. I just wanted to share my recently and painfully gained Paypal knowledge.
jenn-b
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by jenn-b »

klet wrote:Just as a heads-up, apparently, if this person has no funds in his/her Paypal account by the time any disputes are settled, you will get nothing back.
Actually, that's not true. Alot of people know about my terrible issue with a buyer and their funds. When they had issues with paypal, I did not have funds in my account. The money was directly pulled from my bank at that time. :?

Once a Bleach Whore...always a Bleach Whore

"Looks like you're on the ass end of an ass-kickin'" the All-Powerful Bender
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

jenn-b wrote:
klet wrote:Just as a heads-up, apparently, if this person has no funds in his/her Paypal account by the time any disputes are settled, you will get nothing back.
Actually, that's not true. Alot of people know about my terrible issue with a buyer and their funds. When they had issues with paypal, I did not have funds in my account. The money was directly pulled from my bank at that time. :?
I believe you Jenn, but what I want to know is how on earth this is possible. Heck, my employer needs MY authorization to even DEPOSIT funds into my account, let alone letting some company without a ACH form on file take them out. I've had my PayPal account go into a negative balance due to a fraudster's chargeback, but PayPal never pulled the money directly from my bank account! I'm really confused on this one...
jenn-b
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by jenn-b »

I'm not certain how it happened to be honest. I just got the notification that the funds were being transfered. When I checked the paypal line, it said that the funds were pulled from my bank account. That REALLY irked me. I should have to authorize that sort of thing. But there it was! Moved all on its own.

zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

jenn-b wrote:I'm not certain how it happened to be honest. I just got the notification that the funds were being transfered. When I checked the paypal line, it said that the funds were pulled from my bank account. That REALLY irked me. I should have to authorize that sort of thing. But there it was! Moved all on its own.
Wow.. that's quite scary.. 8O I would definitely think you'd have to authorize such a thing, but... I guess that's part of the reason there was a class-action lawsuit against PayPal in the first place. :?
jenn-b
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by jenn-b »

I'm guessing so as well. My incident fell right before the suit was filed. In the end, Paypal refunded my money. But I really had to fight to get it back. I threatened legal action and contacted the police! I'm amazed that I had to go so far!

klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

Hmmm . . . maybe I should fight Paypal about this thing as well?

All I know is that I filed a dispute on 7/29/05, heard nothing from them until 8/30/05, when they sent me two emails.
first email wrote:PayPal has concluded the investigation of the following claim:
. . . .
A partial refund has been initiated. It may take up to 5 business days to appear in your account.
second email wrote: You have been awarded a refund for the following claim:
. . . .
Thank you for your cooperation.
But that money has not shown up in either my paypal account or my bank account. When I go to the "Resolution Center" in my paypal account, looked up the closed case, then look up details, it says:
Status Details wrote:We have completed our investigation of this case. You have received a refund of $0.00 USD for this claim.
Thems the facts. Maybe I would get something back if I fought them? Me up against the machine? 8) They never told me why I didn't get anything back. jenn-b, maybe they took it out because the buyer actually fought them on the case? Who knows. All I know is that my experience with the Paypal process is pretty recent, so I assume that's what people can expect. :?

I really haven't had the energy yet to call them up. Maybe I will sometime next week.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Only the Shadow knows.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

You know, Cloud, that's how I feel about Paypal sometimes. They don't give you enough info before the fact. :x
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Who does "they" refer to?
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
idlesiren

Post by idlesiren »

I'm having issues with osanji as well. The thing is, I'm out $50 because I bought two cels from her. I had a dispute with Paypal once before, but the seller gave me my item after many complaints.

I hope to god osanji intends to mail out the cels to all of us, and that Paypal won't refund us 0.00 USD.

Does anyone know if we can go through our credit card company AFTER we go through Paypal? Or does this become void if we turn to Paypal first.

I filed a complaint with Paypal on the 30th, so I guess on the 9th we'll find out what's truly up.

Oh! I also have her phone number in case this falls through. For people on ebay it might be a good idea to request it as well as backup. A phone call might be able to sort everything out.