Hello everyone!

Are you new to the forum?
Introductions, goodbyes, vacations, reunions...people stuff.
kizu
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Hello everyone!

Post by kizu »

I'm a noobie! Heh just wanted to get that out right off the bat. :D

I've been browsing the forums a lot because well I think I just got the cel collecting virus after being a fan of anime for so many years. It just so happened that I was curious at a cel and purchased one and when it arrived I was like "Oh this is NICE!". Unfotunately I collect doujinshi too so I'm right now having a tough time. :cry:

I'm a fan of the older animes like 70s-80s mostly the big robots. I do like some of the more recent ones like FMA and the not so recent ones like X, Hajime no Ippo, Slam Dunk, MKR and too many others. Right now I'm a big fan of Shinsengumi (PMK) and Rurouni Kenshin. My favorite character of all time is of course Saitou Hajime of RK, but in general I just really love RK. I love Kenshin, Kaoru, Misao, Yahiko the most though. So I don't know I'll try collecting cels from RK and the old anime shows.

Recently my wallet has felt the pain and I'm hoping to get some cels of Saitou in my hands soon. I have a couple but they were just a test so I've not put up a gallery or anything yet until a precious one arrives. I've also picked up a couple of "Daimos" cels, although I'm not sure if anyone's heard of that. I just really want to limit what I plan to buy to shows I love so much. And if in case anyone knows of a Shinsengumi cel that is available that isn't RK (and Peace Maker Kurogane i don't think has any cels) please let me know! I'm desperately looking for Shougeki Shinsengumi. You can find more info at my website http://hajimenokizu.com. *shameless pluggage*

Please handle me with care and I'm glad to here. :)
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

Welcome Kizu,

I'm sure as time goes on you will find quite a few here who share your tastes.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

Welcome to Beta!

Now hurry up and set up a gallery already!!! :evil:

:wink: :D

Have fun!!! Like JWR said, you'll find plenty of people here who share your tastes (though they might be more on Kenshin's side :P )
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Perhaps. Why now? I am calculating as fast as I can.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

Good for you, Cloud.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

for you you is good, isn't it! ""? Me, thankful that I have a full belly a roof over my head and financial independence ? Only for me?
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
kizu

Post by kizu »

Thanks for the warm welcome! I was getting worried I messed up the registration a few days ago... But I'm here now thank goodness! Quite a few? *grin* Yay!

p.s. A friend is making me a banner, so soon hopefully a gallery. Ummm not going to be big as I've seen so many of the others are so good! *envy*
Caroline

Post by Caroline »

:handshake:

welcome! can't wait to see your new cels!!!
kittens
Koneko no kenshi

Post by kittens »

YAY :) More Kenshin fan :) :) Welcome to beta kizu :wave: I hope you would have fun here :)
Cats rule!
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Welcome kizu, post lots, don't take what people say too seriously, and never clip the corners of your cel bags with the cels inside. (Those clear plastic corners are devilish hard to see.)

Your Shinsengumi site is very impressively designed! I'm sure your cel gallery will be equally attractive. Don't worry about the size: we all had just a few really nice, much loved pretties once. (Unfortunately, cels engage in harem mating, so cel books increase exponentially after a year or so ...)

Can't wait to see your X and MKR!
Not Sir Phobos
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by Not Sir Phobos »

Welcome aboard! As tradition dictates, at this point I must ask you for a haiku. :D
God's in his heaven, All's right with the world
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by wELCOME cONSUMER »

Welcome to beta! Hope to see lots of posts from you! :)
"Devoted to all things lovely to consume"
| Amazon | eBay | rubberslug | facebook |
ginga123

Post by ginga123 »

Hi There!

Welcome to our AA community! :D

I hope you'll enjoy yourself and don't hesitate to ask us questions. :)
Ginga’s Anime Galactica
Making Bold Look Beautiful since 2005
www.gag.rubberslug.com

“I pretended to be somebody I wanted to be until finally I became that person. Or (s)he became me.”—Cary Grant
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Hello ginga123
-I, Robot (Asimov)