Crazy Roommate

Are you new to the forum?
Introductions, goodbyes, vacations, reunions...people stuff.
sailorsv13
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Crazy Roommate

Post by sailorsv13 »

Hello,

I wanted to ask you guys what to do about a crazy roommate!

Four of us girls rent a house from the university. One of them handles the rent/utilities every month...she is insane! When I first moved in I added my organic food to the fridge and have burts bees personal care products. The first conversation I had with this girl she put down people who are organic/health-conscious as stupid! Knowing my preference! Ever since then she has moved my stuff around without asking, left piles of junk all over the furniture in the common area, broke down a sealed door without asking the renters permission, tried to get a fifth roommate to live in the condemned basement without getting permission, and has tried to adopt two puppies and stick them down in the basement all day long. She is only home from midnight to six in the morning. Now she is reaching for everything possible to get me in trouble...of course she just makes herself look worse...but I can't stand it! She even tried to make me late on my rent payment so I made arrangements to pay the renters directly. What can I do to get rid of such a person? She has already been put on the waiting list at the university to find another place where she can have dogs but that won't be until at least next June! Ugh! Any advice?

Thank you!
~ Bri ~
Labinnah

Post by Labinnah »

Just file complaint after complaint after complaint with the University. If she's harassing the other members of the household, have them file with you, and possibly get it in writing.

As far as the dogs, if she's not treating them properly, get in contact with the rescue organization that she adopted them from and LET THEM KNOW. They will be there in a heartbeat to take them back! If she bought them, see if you can get in contact with the breeder and find out if there's anything in the contract about returning them.

That's really all you can do for now. As far as your food and belongings, try to keep them in your room and out of her way.
Elfstalker
Sushi Ninja

Post by Elfstalker »

That really stinks. I never knew about housemate woes until I moved out last year.

Maybe you should first talk to her in person in private, don't be accusatory, just let her know how you feel and how it's affecting the other girls.

If that doesn't work, file complaints with the school, and this time with the other roommates. If you all complain, maybe it'll prove the point. I'm not sure what your school's policy is, but see if you can get a different place away from her. Or maybe, you can ask the school to intervene and talk to her.

It sounds like you got a person who's used to living on her own and has no clue how to adjust to other people living in the same house.

Good luck.
"He knows the crimson of rage, and the azure of despair... but his eyes will never change; the purity of white."

Cel Gallery
http://rheytarian.rubberslug.com
Caroline

Post by Caroline »

gross. this is why i live alone LOL!
Penguinton
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Penguinton »

8O Ugh thats rough. Rude people like that get on my nerves.

It might help to keep a record of everything she does and says. Keep dates and other things that may help you give her the boot. That way you could give exact examples of what she is doing to the University.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Oh I see. I could but let's get back to that later.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

Since the University is involved, it would be best to go to housing officials to see about getting her the heck out of there. :x

Crying often helps. :wink: Seriously, that's how I got out of my sucky roommate situation last year. Don't be afraid to look like an idiot--they need to know that this person is making your life miserable.
sailorsv13

Post by sailorsv13 »

Thank you for all of the advice and support everyone! I'll keep at it and see if I can get her to move out! I would move out myself except that I love my other roommates and the house is right across from school. Great location and it is very cute even though it is small. So I'll try to get my other roommates to talk to the landlady with me. Sigh...so unfair that I have to deal with this my first time moving out! It does make me want to live by myself!

~ Bri ~
Not Sir Phobos
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by Not Sir Phobos »

Having roomates is a good way to turn friends into enemies.
God's in his heaven, All's right with the world