hey everybody, a noob to the site^^

Are you new to the forum?
Introductions, goodbyes, vacations, reunions...people stuff.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

hey everybody, a noob to the site^^

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

just dropping by to say hi, I'm new to this forum as well as cel collecting, for the past few years I've been collecting anime figurines and resin kits, but recently due to the shortage of cash flow I decided to give it a bit rest and find a new collecting hobby, and guess where I ended up(even more expensive-_-; )..

anyways, its good to find a friendly and active community such as anime-beta, hope to get along with everyone here^^

I go by lee btw, to save you all some trouble: )
MGarza145
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by MGarza145 »

Welcome lee!

I'm sure you'll love cel collecting as much as we all do here at Anime-Beta.

If you have any questions, feel free to post some more! Everyone is extremely nice and helpful. :D
kathpatty
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by kathpatty »

Welcome,
you won't be a newbe for long :) :hello :hello
A Man Who Views The World The Same At Fifty As He Did At Twenty Has Wasted Thirty Years Of His Life. - Muhammad Ali
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Do you have a website yet? I'd love to see your cels and resin kits!

Welcome to Beta :)
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

My home page is <a>Www. AliceBot. Org</a>.
The Three Laws of Robotics:
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Welcome, lee, to the madhouse. Sensei throws open the banana closet

Image Image ImageImage Image Image ImageImage Image

Yes, you'll find painted acetate sheets and rumpled scribbled-on paper an even greater money sink than figurines. And, if you're like many of my friends, you'll find it a slippery slope to an even greater and more enslaving addiction, the realm of ball-jointed dolls. (Do watch out for the ones that levitate and make you wear rings with gems that glow bright orange.)

However, we find the chance to "own a piece of the series" a great pleasure and a chance to learn more about both animation and Japanese art/culture. Welcome to Beta and please feel free to post and ask questions. I look forward to seeing your gallery, when you get one started.
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Welcome to Anime-Beta. What series do you collect?
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Welcome! Try not to spend too much money. It's easy to spin out of control when you first start collecting.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Hello there unlikely to ever get anything
1. A robot may not injure a human being, or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
-I, Robot (Asimov)
Killua
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Killua »

Welcome! 8)
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

woah this feels like a welcome party :D thanks alot everyone!

@cutiebunny: I would love to make a site when I get some more collections going, right now I only have a few pieces of decent cels, but, I fail at anything internet related..how do you guys create you own websites?

@sensei: lol yeah, I'm now well aware of the consequences of cel collecting, but its TOO LATE arrrrrrrr....!! by ball joint dolls do you mean dollfie? well I don't collect them, which I'm real glad as they are pretty expensive, no matter what I cannot allow myself to sink as low as collecting dolls...never!!

@Keropi: I hear ya, already feeling the overwhelming pressure of me filing bankruptcy in the near future, my doomsday is nigh-_-;

@ReiTheJelly: currently I'm very, very, very interested in Yurika cels from Nadesico, Shiori cels from Tokimeki Memorial OVA, and last but most important, Kikyo cels from Inuyasha!!

I'll always be looking for decent looking Kikyo cels so if everyone could please do this noob a small favor, let me in on the info when you see them around or if you have some that are for sell, I'll be very, very grateful.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

theultimatebrucelee wrote:Shiori cels from Tokimeki Memorial OVA
Well, now that's interesting. Are you interested in the game too or just the OVA? I haven't run across many Tokimeki Memorial collectors through the years. :)
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

never played any title(tho I do have the LE ver of tokimemo1 for ps somewhere)..but I would love to play 4 if they do decides to translate it in the future :)
cscratch
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by cscratch »

Welcome lee! Can't wait to see your collection of both cels and resin kits!

Actually, alot of collectors make galleries at rubberslug.com, which is very easy to do if you have pics or scans of your collection.
Cloud
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Cloud »

Actually you don't say. Which ones?
-I, Robot (Asimov)