Still lurking

Are you new to the forum?
Introductions, goodbyes, vacations, reunions...people stuff.
metheus
Kishin - Fierce God

Still lurking

Post by metheus »

Haven't bought cel in over a year and half and my website's been MIA for about as long. I'll try to put my collection up over at Rubberslug as I find time. It will take some time with no bulk upload option.

Not really retired, but I'm not buying or selling either way these days.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Glad to hear you're still around.

The other day I was wondering where Metheus went. :D
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Good to see your collection back online!
metheus
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by metheus »

Thanks, I'll have to check out your galleries later and see what's changed.

I still have 722 items left to add, though I might be bit more selective. Some of those sketch sets, well I could probably leave the weaker items out. If I get motivated one of these days, maybe I'll even scan/photograph the stuff that never made it to the site after I went AWOL.

Well, I have to take a break know, before RS induces carpal tunnel.
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

It's good to see another Tonde Buurin/Tenshi ni Narumon fan return from the foggy pit!
Zag
Senpai - Elder

Post by Zag »

Already sent you an ID for an unknown. Looking forward to the rest of your collection.
Pardon me while I drool on your Jura Tripper hanken. :)
metheus
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by metheus »

Zag, thanks for the cel ID. I've tagged him and placed him in the misc section now.

Sensei, I might even have some Gegege no Kitaro sketches one of these days if I get the scanner going.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

metheus wrote:Thanks, I'll have to check out your galleries later and see what's changed.
I don't think you would be able to find mine though. :^^:

Here's where the R-gallery is at the moment I keep changing the URL so it doesn't show up in image search engines for as long:

http://keropisjkldlsai.rubberslug.com/

I went and uploaded every single image I have except:

Thirteen Da Capo genga, Doukyuusei nude streetlight background cel, Macross Flashback cel, camera photos I took from long distance and Strawberry Panic scrolling picture photo. Other than one more that's all the photos I have saved.

Not many of the images have comments however. I'll have to add more over time. Maybe over the next three or four years.
Well, I have to take a break know, before RS induces carpal tunnel.
Yep...very time consuming isn't it? Lol
metheus
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by metheus »

Actually I was looking at your Tripod site. Not sure if you've abandoned it but it's still out there. Looking at the RS list you've been busy.

Your Refrain Blue cels remind why I came close to buying a few so many times, well drawn character with vivid colors. Still tempting.

Sketch wise, the Higurashi (Rena with axe) is awesome. I really have to watch that series one of these days.

Nice to see some Saint October as well. I might have a sketch set un-scanned, I just can't remember positively. My sketches are still boxed up from my move 3 years ago -_-!!
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

metheus wrote:Actually I was looking at your Tripod site. Not sure if you've abandoned it but it's still out there. Looking at the RS list you've been busy.
I haven't done much at Tripod since the credit card fiasco from some time back. But I felt like uploading cel/sketch photos to Rubberslug.
Your Refrain Blue cels remind why I came close to buying a few so many times, well drawn character with vivid colors. Still tempting.
I like Aya Kadoi's character designs. I wonder what she's doing these days. Too bad the Elf Cel Gallery is no longer around.
Sketch wise, the Higurashi (Rena with axe) is awesome. I really have to watch that series one of these days.
You should watch it. When it comes down to it, there really isn't enough high quality homicidal/psychotic artwork to go around. :^^:
Nice to see some Saint October as well. I might have a sketch set un-scanned, I just can't remember positively. My sketches are still boxed up from my move 3 years ago -_-!!

That's a long time. It's difficult not to box your sketches after you've reached a certain critical mass. Wouldn't mind seeing what you have there. I don't think the regular artwork from that show is ever going to get very high at all.
metheus
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by metheus »

Forgive me father for I have sinned : P

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dangaizer-3-Masami- ... 230ad54660

While digging up info on dfunk7's hanken question, I ran across Angelic-Lair's ebay listings. I haven't seen Dangaizer 3, but the character design and rendering of this cel haunted me. I even went through Yahoo JP entire cel listing to see if something else might distract me, but to no avail. So in the end I made an offer and broke year plus buying freeze. Still not getting back in the game, I just couldn't walk away from it. I think the minimum amount of line art makes the rendering so nice, there is no outline around around shadows and highlights, it's just so clean.

*metheus resumes lurking but will check the mail box religiously until Pixis is in hand*
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Cool. Was Dangaizer 3 a game or just an anime?

Yeah, that's about what I'm doing these days...bidding in low amounts. If I win fine, if I don't that's okay too.

I keep thinking if I buy a cel, it's probably going to show a disappointing amount of fading in fifteen years. And if I buy sketches I'm going to see ugly foxing coffee stains on them down the line. That's not helping.

But pictures of the items should stay about the same so I don't mind looking at those. :sweatdrop
Angelic-Lair
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Angelic-Lair »

To our knowledge, Dangaizer 3 was both a manga and an OVA... but not a game.
The OVA was actually pretty entertaining to watch (assuming, of course, that you don't mind girls in skimpy battle outfits or giant, growling robots). It's a shame that it stops abruptly after the fourth episode. X|
Regardless, the artwork is quite pretty... especially in person. ;)