I'm a new member, thought I'd say howdy.

Are you new to the forum?
Introductions, goodbyes, vacations, reunions...people stuff.
PandemoniumonParade

I'm a new member, thought I'd say howdy.

Post by PandemoniumonParade »

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Anime Beta and just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Fish, 28 years old and currently reside in Denver. Even though I've been cel collecting for almost a decade now I'm just barely getting my feet wet when it comes to the online community. I suppose my current anime love at the moment is Urusei Yatsura, and I have an extreme obsession with trying to find cels that feature Fujinami Ryuunosuke as she's hands down my favorite character of all time.

This is a link to my small gallery should anyone want to take a gander: http://pandemonium.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp

Well now that you know my name, age and favorite cereal I won't bug you guys anymore. But I'm very happy to be here and look forward to getting better acquainted with you all.

Best wishes and happy cel hunting,
Fish
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Re: I'm a new member, thought I'd say howdy.

Post by Keropi »

Welcome to Beta! :jump

Try not to spend too much money like most of us.
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

A newbie!! A newbie!! Open the banana closet!

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Welcome to Anime Beta! I've glanced at your gallery a number of times on RS, mainly when you've been uploading some of your CCS Syaorans, and think you're off to a good start. Certainly the title is a good one for a gallery -- have you read the terrific academic book by Michael Dylan Foster that has nearly the same title (Pandemonium and Parade)? I owe my current interest in Gegege no Kitaro to his fine analysis of this manga/anime.

Meantime, I like the "frozen moment in time" quality of this fine Inuyasha cel. Thanks for explaining what is actually going on here. (One would otherwise think that Miroku had gotten a little too frisky, and that Inuyasha was about to keep the series safe for under-13ers.

Enjoy your stay here and feel free to ask lots of questions and take the answers with the requisite grain of salt.
PandemoniumonParade

Thanks for the warm welcome so far everyone.

I'm afraid it's far far too late for me Keropi as far spending money is concerned, but thanks for trying to warn me while you could.

And yeah, Sensei that book is exactly where I got the title for the site as it's my go to book for folklore on yokai. Good eye! Also thanks again for all the help you've given me over the years with my CCS gallery, I know I never would have pegged down the episodes for most of cels in that section if not for your help.

Gotta make this short as I'm due in the office for a bit today but I appreciate the replies guys, getting the chance to meet great fellow cel junkies like you is making Anime-Beta awesome already. Well take care.
sensei

Post by sensei »

PandemoniumonParade wrote:And yeah, Sensei that book is exactly where I got the title for the site as it's my go to book for folklore on yokai.
Far be it from me to suggest interesting discussion boards that might compete with Anime-Beta's overall vibrancy and health, but...

You might have a look at The Obakemono Forums, an interactive part of one of the WWW's best online sites for information on the role of yokai creatures in Japanese folklore and popular culture. (Especially good source of info on Shigure Mizuki, the iconic Japanese cataloguer of legendary creatures.)
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Welcome to A-B!
kathpatty
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by kathpatty »

Welcome aboard !!
It is rarely boring :P
A Man Who Views The World The Same At Fifty As He Did At Twenty Has Wasted Thirty Years Of His Life. - Muhammad Ali
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

its the rare occasion of a new member intro!! welcome :D disgaea fan?
tex-chan
Bish Mistress

Post by tex-chan »

I've enjoyed browsing your gallery many, many times in the past. Your collection is wonderful and lovely. And I love your site design, too! Welcome to AB!
Promethium
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Promethium »

Welcome to AB :cheers

I ♡ your Lum & Ten cel!
Yupa
Kamisama - God

Post by Yupa »

Welcome, Fish! Hope you enjoy your stay here!
I love your FMA sketches. :)
animeobsessed
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by animeobsessed »

Welcome to beta!!

I've checked out your site several times. Going through it again I see we have several sequence mates from Inuyasha including this one from episode 21 (no lynch mob, just info on the episode :wink: ).

mine

yours

Also, I love your Chrono rilezu

Post often!! :)
(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.
PandemoniumonParade

Thanks again for all the welcomes guys, I'm really happy to be a part of this great community and you seem just awesome. So thanks again for having me.

And they'll be no lynch mobs ever, AnimeObsessed. I have SEVERE OCD when it comes to making sure I get the episode for my cels right but I do make a lot of misakes sometimes so anytime you catch me with the wrong info I can't tell you how much I appreciate it when someone lets me know so I can fix it. So thanks, seriously! I'm gonna go change my info on that Inuyasha cel as soon as I'm done with this post.

Sensei, thank you so much for the link to the Obakemono Forums. I plan on wasting a lot of time combing through their archives, it looks very interesting. Between that and the cels, I can sleep when I'm dead right? :D

Thanks for the welcome Ultimate Bruce Lee, and yeah anything Nippon Ichi related is like crack for me. I love Disgaea.

Um, well for everyone else who commented on my pieces and browsed through my gallery thanks for taking the time to look through it and letting me know which pieces were you're favorite. It really means a lot and I appreciate the feedback.

Again it's been great meeting you all!

~Fish
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

oooppps sorry, kinda late to this party lol but.........
Welcome to AB!!!!!
Its about time you joined us here!! I've seen your gallery around for quite awhile now so its
high time you made your presence here :P
Post often, we're always happy for new voices to liven things up!
:cheers
Cordelia
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Cordelia »

Hi Fish,

Welcome to Beta! You have a great, extensive collection.The Battousai cel is just amazing :) Thanks for sharing and see you around!