Hi ^_^

Are you new to the forum?
Introductions, goodbyes, vacations, reunions...people stuff.
imorca
Anime Geek

Hi ^_^

Post by imorca »

I've been away getting an "advanced degree" for five years. And then I come back and the cel community has changed so much! Well, it seems I found where everyone is ^_^. So, hello! Just dropping in to introduce myself. I'm Meryl, collecting mostly Ranma 1/2, Sasami from Tenchi, and Iria. My gallery on rubberslug is The Diving Bell. I've actually got new stuff to post there, and have been doing work. I will be selling a lot of my collection, as it is time for a change. So look for a message in the forum soon.

I was just lamenting the demise of the amateur web - the glory days when mobile devices didn't require everything to be black and white and defined merely by typefaces, when people owned their own domains and coded their own galleries. Perhaps all the advanced screens and spreading wifi will bring it back. But, I too had to give my domains up. I now spend my days on social networking sites, and don't remember my php anymore. Ah, well. I've thought about buying a domain again just for the nostalgia of it, a tribute to about a decade of a particular type of self-taught (and often badly, but oh! so wonderfully awful!) madness.
Can I capture you on a thin piece of acetate for posterity?
May I air brush you for effect?
Will you accept a layer for color correction?
~I joined as member #999~
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Re: Hi ^_^

Post by sensei »

Image ImageImageImage Image ImageImage ImageImageImage Image Image Image Image

Welcome back, imorca. Yes, things have changed, with Animanga's infamous "show me naked!" moments a fond memory of the past and collecting now more deputy-service focused than dealer-focused. But it's still a crazy place to hang out. Thanks for keeping up your gallery. I think the false "opening cel" designations are a bug, as I've read as how some curators went back and corrected their items, one by one, then found them all remarked OP cels the following week. It's great RS remains live and adaptable, but we will probably need to live with the bugs for the duration.

You have a nice collection of Tenchi Muyo/Pretty Sammy cels. I especially like this funny cel of Sasami and this fine dramatic image. Still, the one I really enjoy is your Warrior Nun Areala. Yeah, yeah, a repro (but signed by the mangaka!) and not really anime (US tribute to the Chrono Crusade/Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne genre). But it's a knockout ... nice ... too nice!

Have fun!
imorca
Anime Geek

Post by imorca »

Thanks so much for visiting. It's always such a joy and pleasure to know which cels visitors enjoy. And a surprise...it's often not the ones I expect.
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

Uhhh... maybe this is a bit out of place, but did you notice that there are two people on Rubberslug (see your forum threads over there) who were attempting to get in touch with you about some cels you had in the RS shop? :l You might want to get in touch with them if you haven't already. ;)
imorca
Anime Geek

Post by imorca »

I appreciate the notice. Unfortunately, additional interface glitches appear to have prevented their attempts to contact me through the feedback function of my gallery there. (I seriously can't even figure out how to view feedback anymore! Good grief.) And, apparently, my e-mail has been bouncing? Uh oh. No explanation for that whatsoever. Sigh. I really hate it when I look like a flake because I've turned my life over to my tools. :?