Hi ^.^

Are you new to the forum?
Introductions, goodbyes, vacations, reunions...people stuff.
Lain
Anime Geek

Hi ^.^

Post by Lain »

I am not sure what to say so i will start with "Hi everyone"
I like watching Anime on the weekend , but i am very choosy to the time i watch a Anime Series only because i will watch it in one sitting and usually it's on the weekends or (holidays) between the twilight hours through to the midnight and beyond lol =^.^= i am dorky like that..
And also i am a new and turned die-hard Otakuto with :bow Serial Experiments: Lain
I have collected all the Abe Yoshitoshi Art books and the Fan guide Booklet and the DVD Signature oop Series and also just won the original Serial Experiments Lain DVD-BOX Яesurrection , that will be for display only.
Now don't laugh? but i haven't found the right time to watch SEL since i got the dvd series 3 weeks ago but as i am writing this intro i am thinking :^^: i might watch it tonight... hmm

:cat And i love my little collection-
Here is where i have my Cel's on display-
http://animelife.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
I am sorry if am not aloud to mention other websites here.
My Serial Experiments Lain Page.
I am slowly getting around to adding my lain merchandise to my flickr page and lain cel's (^.^) i own 1
And say hi to my mod happy eggy bunny :)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/serial_experiments_lain/ Image
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Re: Hi ^.^

Post by sensei »

A newbie! A newbie!

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Welcome to Beta and good luck on your quest for Lain cels. They are out there, but I'm afraid the competition is too. I consider Haibane Renmei about as good as anime is allowed to get on this plane of existence, but animation art for that is nearly nonexistent beyond a set of rilezu done by Office F&O (supposedly limited to 25 but there are so many in RS galleries that I bet there were two sets of 25 ... still rare as genga's teeth).

NieA_7 and Texhnolyze were CGI productions, and sketch sets exist on the market for both, more commonly for the second now than for the first.

Anyhow, welcome to Beta and thanks for sharing your dramatic EVA cels. Good luck in your future hunts! And enjoy your inundation into Lain. But remember, there are so few days in life, and so darned much decent anime to watch...
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

Hi! And Welcome to AB! :)
Don't be shy, post often, ask questions, whatever, we are a relatively kind group :P
Lain is a fascinating series, the best on your search for Lain cels, they are out there but can
get rather costly when/if you find them. Just remember sometimes the hunt is half the fun,
you can learn so much while searching!
Thanks for sharing your gallery, its very nice, and once again Welcome, we can always
use new voices around here.
:cheers
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Welcome to Anime-Beta! :cheers
Lain
Anime Geek

Post by Lain »

Hi
thanks so much for the nice replies guys.
Well i think i mentioned that i had not watched yet - but the night i send this thread it was to much and a had a all-night and watched Serial Experiments lain :nuts i know i am a freaky new fan.

And thank for viewing my RS page- and as you can you see by my themes i am crazy about lain.

Hi Sensei thank for the nice reply - just replying -
I haven't watched Haibane Renmei (Only) Episode 8 Birds on YT and i gotta say honestly i fall deeply in love with Rakka especially at the end of the show when she found that well and fall in , my jaw was on the ground with my eyes wide open all streaming up. this is a Anime i want to climb into and never return from-
And also NieA_7 looks so beautiful, Abe Yoshitoshi style is a new way of looking at life.

Hi teggacat
thanks for the reply
yup i Have so many questions- lol
And it's great to know you guys are really informed and knowledgable on all Anime's.

Anyway i got to say that i am so excited to say :cheers since the last time i posted here (i have been very lucky) in finding 2 Lain cels that i found online Yahoo Japan and i am so lucky to met and correspond with this amazing person over in Japan who is helping find Anime *i will be posting on to RS when they arrive ((and)) also i won these -Set production layouts from Serial Experiments lain character sketches 100 sheets.I don't know much about these character set studies.... love to know much information.

I am sorry i am going off topic here :bawl
Ok again sorry if i went overboard with my reply and it's hard to understand - i just get excited - as you can with Anime lol :)
I am slowly getting around to adding my lain merchandise to my flickr page and lain cel's (^.^) i own 1
Lain
Anime Geek

Post by Lain »

ReiTheJelly wrote:Welcome to Anime-Beta! :cheers
Thank you :)
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Welcome to Beta! :)

I noticed some Lain cels on Amazon Japan earlier today. I don't know if there's anything on there that might interest you, but the prices look pretty reasonable.
Grico
Kamisama - God

Post by Grico »

I love the Yoshitoshi Abe work, too. Haibane Renmei is my favorite.
tex-chan
Bish Mistress

Post by tex-chan »

Hi to you, too! :D

Your gallery is super cute, and I love your Evangelion cels. Very, very pretty and dramatic shots!! Good luck with continuing to search for artwork from your favorite shows, and I hope you have a fun time on AB!
Lain
Anime Geek

Post by Lain »

cutiebunny wrote:Welcome to Beta! :)

I noticed some Lain cels on Amazon Japan earlier today. I don't know if there's anything on there that might interest you, but the prices look pretty reasonable.
Hi
[Thank you :P]
I will have a look now
* iam back i had a look-
but with no luck :bawl
I searched- Serial Experiments Lain cel
Maybe it's under another search name?
I'd love to know
or maybe they were snapped up.
*Would you post the link for me.....
:)