No longer an anonymous lurker!

Are you new to the forum?
Introductions, goodbyes, vacations, reunions...people stuff.
BuraddoRun
Kamisama - God

No longer an anonymous lurker!

Post by BuraddoRun »

Hi all,

My name is Brad, (or BuraddoRun, my online name), and I discovered this forum a couple of weeks ago while I was looking online for anime cel dealers/websites. I started seriously watching anime about 16 years ago, and bought my 1st cel about 7 years ago. Since then, I have bought some sporadically here and there, but I haven't really kept up with the hobby on a regular basis. Also, my anime watching has drastically decreased. I've actually gotten more into Tokusatsu (live action superhero stuff), especially Toei's Super Sentai series, in recent years. But I've sort of been missing anime as of late, and missing the good ole days when animation was hand drawn without the use of computers, and so my interest in cel collecting has grown exponentially. While I lurked in the forum, I did a lot of reading. I've learned about ways to safely store and preserve cels, avenues besides dealer websites and EBAY to purchase cels, what genga/douga are, that there's a free website called Rubberslug that exists so we can share our collections with the world, and finally, that you all seem like a great bunch of people and a community that I would be honored to become a part of.

So thank you all for 1st of all being here, so that the uneducated like myself can become educated, and so that I can share my hobby with other folks that appreciate it as well. Also, thanks to Rekka, Teggacat, and Sensei, for welcoming me 1st through Rubberslug, and for sending me the invite (Sensei) to join Anime-Beta.

:D
"Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." -Isaiah 1:18
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Re: No longer an anonymous lurker!

Post by teggacat »

Yea!
You found us here!
dont be shy, post often, we always need new voices around here,
so here's to your official Welcome to A-B!
most of all, have fun collecting! Double cheers to you :)
:cheers :cheers
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Wee! It's always fun talking with new people and seeing new stuff! Glad you decided to join us! :D
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Welcome to Beta, BuraddoRun! I'm glad you decided to join and hope you can share your enthusiasm with all us hopeless mental cases. Thanks for taking time to get your gallery up and running, and I look forward to seeing many new pretties in the future.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Welcome to Beta! It's always good to see new members here. :cheers
Last edited by Keropi on Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Welcome to Beta and to RS! Why not consider attending a convention sometime in 2013, if you haven't already experienced one.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

Welcome! its enjoyable to see new members and new galleries these days :)

I really like your miku transformation cel and bakuretsu hunter videogame cel, the latter is especially cool looking.

what are some of your favor series?
BuraddoRun
Kamisama - God

Post by BuraddoRun »

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone!
cutiebunny wrote:Why not consider attending a convention sometime in 2013, if you haven't already experienced one.
I used to go to A-Kon every year, but haven't been for a few. I am planning to go again in 2013, though, and probably also to AnimeFest, both in Dallas.
theultimatebrucelee wrote:what are some of your favor series?
My favorite is Now and Then, Here and There. The story is superb, and I envy the never-give-up-no-matter-what (and there's plenty of "what" in the show) drive in the lead character, Shuu. I hate to call the artwork simple, so maybe quaint is a better word? I really like it, though, and at the moment I do at least have 1 cel from the series. I also really like Sailor Moon and Ranma, as those were 2 of the 1st long anime series I really got into. Also, The Mysterious Cities of Gold was one of my favorite shows when I was a kid. It's weird, trying to remember my thoughts as a young child when I watched it, but I was mesmerized by the artwork. I had no idea that the animators were Japanese, and that their animated shows almost all followed a certain style; I just knew I loved it. More than a decade later, my friend Edward introduced me to "anime" with Vampire Hunter D and Battle Angel Alita. And ever since then, I've called myself an anime fan.
"Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." -Isaiah 1:18
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Welcome to A-B! :cheers