Introduction

Are you new to the forum?
Introductions, goodbyes, vacations, reunions...people stuff.
Jet

Introduction

Post by Jet »

Greetings to all.

I am a new member of the forum (thank you Deadly Whispers for the invitation), and wanted to take a moment to introduce myself here. Long-time animation fan (mainly the basics), but am relatively new to cel collecting, having just about a half dozen pieces prior to a few recent acquisitions.

I'd visited the Anime-Beta forum as a guest in the past, and finally decided to request an invitation to join. Appears to be a great community here, and I'm glad to be a part of it. I particularly already want to thank those who have contributed and answered questions in the technical cel info/QA subforum--I spent a few hours browsing there over the past few weeks and learned a great deal, especially about conservation.

See you around and happy collecting.

-Jet
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Re: Introduction

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Welcome! What series/movies do you collect from?
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Welcome to Anime-Beta! Hope you will start an online gallery soon. No collection is small if it begins with one's heart.

(And a collection has a sneaky way of growing over time, often far bigger than one ever expected at the onset...)
kathpatty
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by kathpatty »

Welcome !! :cheers
A Man Who Views The World The Same At Fifty As He Did At Twenty Has Wasted Thirty Years Of His Life. - Muhammad Ali
90sKid
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by 90sKid »

Welcome to AB! :)
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

:cheers Welcome to Beta! :jump
BuraddoRun
Kamisama - God

Post by BuraddoRun »

Welcome, Jet! As a fairly new member myself (I joined in November), I can say that yes, this is a very friendly community to be a part of. I can't wait to check out your collection if you put one online!
"Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." -Isaiah 1:18
Kasi
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by Kasi »

Welcome Jet :)
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

Welcome! :cheers
dont be shy, we're always open to new voices around here :wave:
Jet

Post by Jet »

Thanks very much to all for the warm welcome.

To start to answer your question, ReiTheJelly, my animation interests are more of the Japanese variety. My introduction (as far as I can remember some 15 years ago, not counting Saturday morning cartoons) was Vampire Hunter D/Fist of the North Star, which led me into Ninja Scroll, Akira, then the Cartoon Network stuff--Gundam, Dragonball, Inuyasha, and later Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, Fullmetal Alchemist, Ghost in the Shell. That's, to me, what I think the basics are. My collection thusfar includes a cel from Dragonball, two from Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, one from Aeon Flux (always liked the quirkiness of that show, especially back to the Liquid Television days), one from Akira, and a few sketches from Naruto. I also very recently added a pair from Inuyasha and one from Cowboy Bebop from another forum member here that I'm eagerly anticipating receiving in the mail. Though seemingly not gentle on the pocketbook, I'm keeping my eyes open for more from Akira, but next targets would be some good action shots from Ghost in the Shell and Fist of the North Star.

I started looking into cel and sketch collecting because, one, they're nice to look at, but especially for the nostalgia factor. It gives me a sense of connection to some of these shows and movies that really formed my interests. Particularly that cel of Akira which is my current gem--It's still to me incredible to think I "own" a piece of the movie that was so influential in my interest in animation.