Great (and also Terrible) Youtube Video

Are you new to the forum?
Introductions, goodbyes, vacations, reunions...people stuff.
BuraddoRun
Kamisama - God

Great (and also Terrible) Youtube Video

Post by BuraddoRun »

So I was reading an email from a friend today who reminded me of a funny video I posted on Youtube a few years ago.

Backstory: In 2004, I was part of a summer promotion by Nintendo where they formed 6 teams from 6 different cities in the U.S. I auditioned at GameStop and got to join the Dallas team. Each Nintendo Street Team had jobs to do. We went to different events with Gameboy Advance SPs tethered to belts we wore and let people try out games. We also promoted, held gaming competitions on Gamecubes hooked up in a truck, and gave out promotional items. Besides our jobs (that we were paid for), Nintendo also held a contest/competition between the 6 teams, where the winning team would get $40,000. Each team had 8 members, so winners would get $5,000 each. The competition lasted 6 weeks if I recall, and consisted of weekly challenges and also fan voting. One of the most memorable challenges was the music video challenge, where we had to dress up like Nintendo characters and do a karaoke music video. We had a limited number of choices, but our team chose Keep on Dancing by No Doubt. But, to be creative, instead of just singing the song, we made our own lyrics. I actually wrote the lyrics, but after a discussion we changed a few of the lines. Anyway, here is our video. Please excuse the crummy quality. I am Donkey Kong if you're wondering:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tctg04XTbpw

I won't be offended if you want to make fun. It is pretty terrible. But it was fun, and I think we were pretty darn creative. Besides, overall, we won the $40,000! And can you believe I didn't spend a cent of that on cels? I wasn't really collecting much at that time.
"Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." -Isaiah 1:18