Hello Anime-Betans!

Are you new to the forum?
Introductions, goodbyes, vacations, reunions...people stuff.
GoalieZero
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Hello Anime-Betans!

Post by GoalieZero »

Hi there! My name is Carl! Nice to meet you all!

I stumbled upon cel collecting in 2006 by accident, just browsing random eBay auctions. I didn't start seriously collecting cels until last year and now I'm a full blown enthusiast : )
In my short time collecting, I've probably crossed paths with a few of you here, including the always amazing zerospace, who really helped me kickstart my cel collection!
I love Gundam Wing immensely and that's the focus of my collection, but recently I've branched out to collecting other shows like Hajime No Ippo, G Gundam, the Big O, and other classic Toonami staples.
When I'm not on cel quests, I spend my time as a freelance 3D & digital artist. When I'm doing neither of those things, you can usually find me in a hockey rink in front of the net, getting shot at!

A link to my RS gallery is in my signature, just click the image if you're interested!

I never know how to end introduction posts, so here's an epic octopus!

Thanks!
Carl - GoalieZero : )
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Re: Hello Anime-Betans!

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

Yo Carl! Glad to see you made it here man. Didn't really think you'd be here so soon lol Welcome!
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Welcome to Beta! :bounce :multi :jump
Hakiri
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Hakiri »

Welcome to anime-beta!!! :bubbles

:jump

Really hope you enjoy it here!

Hahahaha that octopus picture with that caption killed me :rollin

:dban Hope to see you around!! :dban

It's not denial. I'm just selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin x)
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

A newbie! A newbie!

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Your collection awakens pleasant memories of when my daughter was a junior in high school and suddenly something called Anna-May was all the rage among the smart and forward-thinking set. "There's this hot new thing on Toonami called Gundam Wing, Dad, and you just gotta watch the first episode!" So I did.

She's all grown up now and working in the audio book industry, but I can still remember her enthusiasm about this series, plus The Big O. (She's can't understand why she's now into Attack on Titan while her dad is watching Puella Magi Madoka Magica and Strike Witches.)

Anyhow, you have some very nice Heero and Relena cels, well presented. But I especially like your Dorothy Catalonia cel. Thanks for the episode IDs and the brief context, which really helps a visitor like me who can remember the basics of the series but not the details.

zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

Awesome to see you made it here! :) Welcome!! :bounce :cheers
GoalieZero
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by GoalieZero »

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! : )

And sensei, I hope when I have kids they do the same thing with some new future anime! Gundam Wing Episode 1 was the first anime show I ever watched and I've been hooked ever since. The kids do seem to love their Attack on Titan these days, don't they? Thanks for your kind words on my collection! One of my favorite parts of cel collecting is explaining exactly where each cel is located in a series and in what context it is in that part of the show, if only to explain it to people who are interested in what the series is about. Also, it lets me flex my nerd muscles : D
Hakiri
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Hakiri »

GoalieZero wrote:Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! : )

And sensei, I hope when I have kids they do the same thing with some new future anime! Gundam Wing Episode 1 was the first anime show I ever watched and I've been hooked ever since. The kids do seem to love their Attack on Titan these days, don't they? Thanks for your kind words on my collection! One of my favorite parts of cel collecting is explaining exactly where each cel is located in a series and in what context it is in that part of the show, if only to explain it to people who are interested in what the series is about. Also, it lets me flex my nerd muscles : D
Aye Aye! Everyone must, at least once a day, flex their nerd muscles x)
Keeps us youthful I say! XD

It's not denial. I'm just selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin x)