The new kid in school

Are you new to the forum?
Introductions, goodbyes, vacations, reunions...people stuff.
porkchopexpress

The new kid in school

Post by porkchopexpress »

Hi all!

I'm new here and wanted to introduce myself. I'm an animator in the Texas area but do often work within the Japanese anime industry...Did stuff for ADVFilms (before they splintered) at their Austin branch and sometimes at their Houston branch. After ADV collapsed I went on to work with Funimation out in Dallas.

Now I just focus on my own projects.

I love going to anime cons and you might've seen me before if you do attend cons.

I've been collecting animation production art since the late 80's. At first as presents from my parents of servlicels and lithographs of Disney stuff...but when I got into the animation industry I began trading production artwork with other animators and as I got older I started buying cels from Rinkya.com or received cels as gifts from Japanese animators.

So, I hope to be on here often. I love looking at other people's collections. I hope to eventually post up some of mine here. :)

Cheers,
Porkchopexpress
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Re: The new kid in school

Post by Keropi »

That's pretty interesting.

Welcome to Beta! :jump
porkchopexpress

Sqweeee! Thanks!
\(♡_♡)/
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

A newbie! A newbie!

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

You may be new to this "school," I expect that with your experience in animation and contact with Japanese animators, we all will have a great deal to learn from you. Welcome to Anime-Beta! And let us know when you get some of your collection online. I'll bet it has many unique and spectacular items.

I think maybe I'll drop back a notch to "Assistant Sensei" now.
porkchopexpress

So, first newbie question for ya....how do we post up pics from our collection up here exactly? There seems to be a limit for the file sizes that can be posted....or do you have to create a website specifically for the cels?
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I upload my pictures to Photobucket and then post them up here like this:

(img)URL of photo(/img)

except I use [ and ] instead of ( and )
sensei

Post by sensei »

Or register over at Rubberslug and create a gallery over there. It is free but basic, and has lots of bugs, which have been discussed recently here. But it is secure and a relatively simple way to start posting your collection, and there are ways you can customize it to make it attractive to visitors. (Also lots of threads in the archive on this.)

Then once you've uploaded the cel or sketch, copy the url of the page and post it over here with an invitation to go visit. (RS won't let you link the image itself, but that's not a problem if you want people to explore around in your collection and see what else is there.)
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

Welcome! Post alot, sounds like you know your way around animation! Look forward to hearing more!
Take Sensei's advice and register over at Rubberslug, despite all that's been said
recently it is still an awesome easy to use site that a ton of us enjoy fully!
Again, Welcome to AB!!
:cheers
KinoLRB
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by KinoLRB »

Welcome to Anime Beta from a fellow newbie. :D Sounds like you have a lot of experience in the world of anime and collecting. That is awesome!

As Sensei said, creating a gallery on Rubberslug is a great way to share your items with other collectors. I created my gallery last October and I am so happy I did.

Hope to see you there. Sounds like you have a great collection. :)
porkchopexpress

Awesome! Am setting up a site for the cels now! :)

Thank youuuu!

And if anyone has any Questions about animation I can always answer those. :)
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Welcome to Beta! I attend a lot of anime conventions to and I hope to see you around. I'd love to see any original sketches you have from any of the artists that you've met.
porkchopexpress

I am always a guest at Comicpalooza in Houston and am at cons a lot in the Arkansas area. I might attend Dragon con again next year. This year I am keeping the number down to about 9. Always excited to meet and greet other cel collectors at cons. ;)
porkchopexpress

I just got done setting up a photobucket. I posted up 17 cels so far. These are ones that I am open to selling. So if any of them interest you, lemme know

http://s1316.photobucket.com/user/1pork ... t=3&page=1
porkchopexpress

Oh! I just posted (via my friend) for the first time on Ebay! I've never done ebay before but my friend has a lot of experience so he's handling it all.

B-15
http://www.ebay.com/itm/131090344680

B-21
http://www.ebay.com/itm/131090345585

A37
http://www.ebay.com/itm/131090347343