Have you ever thought of .....

Are you new to the forum?
Introductions, goodbyes, vacations, reunions...people stuff.
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Have you ever thought of .....

Post by JWR »

Have you ever gone to a con or other gathering and discussed your collection and had someone ask how they can view it online and you end up looking for a scrap of paper then write it out for them?

I have for years thought about getting a more "professional" card made that we could then hand out.
At this years AX in LA I was able to meet up with one of our long time friends and fellow RS/Beta member Shampoo who told us she started a new business designing images for websites, greeting cards and other business applications. I got in contact with her and we discussed having her design a card for my wife and I.
She based the image for the card off this cel from our "long haired Akane" collection http://ryan.rubberslug.com/gallery/inv_ ... emID=46796

I can say that her work surpassed my expectations of what we thought a card would look like when we first thought of the idea of have one made and we both could not be happier with how it came out

Here is her business website so please visit her and if you can pass some business her way or pass it on to others looking for a talented artist to do some work.
http://www.mariasarria.com/
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Re: Have you ever thought of .....

Post by sensei »

Actually, I got a "free business card" offer with my antivirus, so I had a batch of "Sensei's Anime Gallery" cards printed up, which I have given out at cons and also at academic conferences that I attend. (I often talk on folklore and animation, and my essay on Anime-Beta as a "virtual community" is being read in new-wave folklore courses, so it doesn't seem incongruous.) But -- true -- it's a free deal, so it's monochrome with a generic "sea oats" background, which I've seen many times on business windowsills where plumbers, tax accountants, and bail bond providers leave their business cards. So the idea of an attractive customized business card actually does appeal to me. Thanks, JWR, for the tip.
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Re: Have you ever thought of .....

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Oooh! That's a really cool idea! :D