Hello Everyone!

Are you new to the forum?
Introductions, goodbyes, vacations, reunions...people stuff.
Aekkavut

Hello Everyone!

Post by Aekkavut »

What's up Anime-Beta. My name is Mitchell, I'm 25 and live in Northern Kentucky. I created this account a long time ago but this is the first time I've posted anything (I'm weird like that). Anyway, I started collecting cels almost a year ago. My collection started when I was looking to buy some old Nickelodeon memorabilia to display in my house. I couldn't find much then I remembered that older cartoons were made with something called cels. I thought that sounded like something that would be collectible and there might be a market for. Lo and behold, there is! So I bought a Rocko's Modern Life cel and immediately had it framed and hung. I then started buying more cels from different Nickelodeon shows and and animes that I watched as a kid. Well, who am I kidding, I still watch them! :D

What I like most about collecting cels is that they are a piece of my childhood and I love that fact that I can watch some of these shows and say "Hey I own a piece of that and its hanging right there on my wall."

So, that's my introduction. I'm looking forward to being a part of this community and I can't wait to see this community grow even more.

Thanks!
Princess Nadia
Kamisama - God

Re: Hello Everyone!

Post by Princess Nadia »

Welcome to Anime-beta!!!!

Enjoy your hobby and do feel free to ask any questions - we have some very knowledgeable members here;-)

A nickelodeon based gallery sounds a lot of fun!!!!!
"Don't forget to try in mind"

"Everybody likes that Michigan Rag"
KinoLRB
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by KinoLRB »

Yay, a fellow Nickelodeon collector! :)

Welcome to Beta!

:cheers

Have you started a rubberslug gallery yet? We'd love to see your collection. :)
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Welcome to Anime Beta! :jump
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

Yay! Glad to see you're posting! We're always looking for fresh
new voices around here, Welcome!
:cheers :cheers
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

A newbie! A newbie!

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Welcome to Anime-Beta! You'll find a number of other Nickelodeon 2nd Gen. collectors in the fold, along with a few people like myself who are interested in the 1st. gen. Nick Toons, which were Saban-adapted versions of 80s Japanese anime series. I have a few Grimm Fairy Tale Classics cels and some from Noozles (Blinky, the Magical Panda), and there are Mysterious Cities of Gold, Belle and Sebastian, and The Little Prince cels out there on the market. Even a few Adventures of the Little Panda, whose animators moonlighted on the Miyazaki breakthrough project Nausicaa and the Valley of the Wind after hours. But the 90s cel-based classics also wake strong emotions among many collectors.

Many of us have a warm place in our hearts in watching our favorite shows, and when a certain scene or image flips by, we say, "Heh! I own that moment!" It's quite different from having a rare card or desirable print: it is a unique, irreplaceable piece of history, and that conviction ties many of us together.
Kaona
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator

Post by Kaona »

Welcome Mitchell!

Hope you have fun here on Anime-Beta, and that you have many more years of cel collecting fun in your future. :D
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

I second the idea to start a Rubberslug gallery, if you haven't already done so. We'd love for you to share your goodies with us!

Welcome to Beta! If you ever get the chance, check out an anime convention. They're usually pretty fun, and you have a couple good ones, like Animazement, located a couple states hop away!
Kasi
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by Kasi »

Hello and welcome! I hope you have a nice time here :)
Aekkavut wrote: What I like most about collecting cels is that they are a piece of my childhood and I love that fact that I can watch some of these shows and say "Hey I own a piece of that and its hanging right there on my wall.
Me too, especially with the cels from my childhood favourites! :cheers
Aekkavut

Post by Aekkavut »

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I actually do have a rubberslug page, but like my anime-beta account I created it long ago and have nothing in it. I will definitely be updating it soon now that I have time to. Although, I don't have a scanner and about half of my cels are framed so I hope just taking a picture of them will turn out okay.
sensei

Post by sensei »

Photos are fine. In fact, my scanner doesn't register a certain color of pink that's often used in cel paint (I think because it's a shade used to print money somewhere; some greens also don't register for the same reason). So I have to use digital photos for these. Just find some bright indirect light and put it someplace where you don't get a reflection from the light. Looking forward to seeing your Rocko cels!
KinoLRB
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by KinoLRB »

Pictures are great! Looking forward to your Nicktoon cels! :D
Serendipity_Collections
Shinigami - Moderator
Shinigami - Moderator

Post by Serendipity_Collections »

Hi Mitchell!

I am late to welcome you but welcome non the less! Enjoy your stay and share away love!

Jelenity~