Hi! Just rezzed in...

Are you new to the forum?
Introductions, goodbyes, vacations, reunions...people stuff.
DOS4dinner

Hi! Just rezzed in...

Post by DOS4dinner »

Hello Anime-Beta! Joined Rubberslug a bit ago, and then found out there was a cool community for cel collectors...thought I'd introduce myself.

I started collecting ~1 year ago. I was on yahoo japan for non-cel reasons (Wonder Project J2, an awesome japan-only N64 game), and wondered what kind of japan-exclusive merchandise was available for Laputa: Castle In the Sky...

Suffice to say the fire nation attacked and I got into cels at that point, and started looking up other series. Most series I had seen were digital...however, I found certain characters (no clue what show they were from) stood out. I love character design and analysis, so I tended to buy (cheap-ish) cels with really interesting characters; Kinda backwards, but suffice to say I now have much more anime to watch :)

Some stuff I like:
Magic Knight Rayearth
Kaitou Saint Tail
Now and then, here and there
Slayers
Serial Experiments Lain (no cels yet though :(... )
Higurashi no naku koro ni (Still has sketches!)
Satoshi Kon's Everything (Haven't seen Paranoia Agent; need to though)
TRON (TRON 2.0 is my favorite; if PC games had cels...)

Don't really have a gallery yet; I tend not to post too much stuff to the interwebs...

And as my Username suggests, I'm big on ancient DOS games (Space Quest, Jill of the Jungle, etc). and TRON, as well as writing software. Anywho...Hi!
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Re: Hi! Just rezzed in...

Post by sensei »

A newbie! A newbie!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Welcome to Beta, DOS4dinner! I hope you will make some noise and find the chatter here interesting. Your comments about collecting fit me to some extent. While there are shows that I've loved and actively sought out art for (Cardcaptor Sakura, Tenshi ni Narumon, Mushishi, Rozen Maiden) I have to admit that there have been several times when a dealer's scan has stopped me cold in the middle of a random trawl through YHJ. In some cases, this has led me to seek out and watch the series (Hyper Police, Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne).

But there are a number of series that I collect, even though they are totally obscure (even in Japan) and unavailable even as fansubs. The Condition Green OVA is probably the best example, but I keep thinking that if I keep watching, some day, another piece of art is going to show up from the 1988 OVA Yōsei-ō ("The Faerie King").

A gallery would be nice, but your caution is prudent: they have ways of growing, slowly and steadily, and then are constantly asking you to fiddle with them. I sometimes suspect that certain items in my collection are not above sneaking down from their boxes or profolios and bidding on their sequence-mates to make their company more and merrier.

Enjoy! And feel free to ask questions or start threads.
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

Hey!! Glad you found your way here to AB! Welcome!
collecting animation art is, well, almost an art in itself…
it has a way of just getting into your being complete,
drop by often and don't be shy!
:cheers :cheers :cheers
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Welcome to Anime Beta! :jump

Hope you will hang around for a bit and enjoy your stay.
kathpatty
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by kathpatty »

Welcome
glad to have you aboard !! :cheers
A Man Who Views The World The Same At Fifty As He Did At Twenty Has Wasted Thirty Years Of His Life. - Muhammad Ali
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Welcome Again! ^_^ I have been insanely busy and missed this!

Jadeduo
:jump
GoalieZero
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by GoalieZero »

Welcome, traveler!

*pours a little out for DOS*

Doom II and Raptor: Call of the Shadows were my DOS digs back in the day! Really miss typing away with slashes and directories. Felt like a cheap 10 year old movie hacker! :D
KinoLRB
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by KinoLRB »

Hi there, welcome to Beta! :) :) :) Glad to have you aboard. :bounce