Just in case you were wondering where Jadeduo's been....

Are you new to the forum?
Introductions, goodbyes, vacations, reunions...people stuff.
majinuub
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Re: Just in case you were wondering where Jadeduo's been....

Post by majinuub »

Quacker wrote:Any further news on Tara's progress?

Would it be feasible to get a mini 'kick-starter' underway for her (or something similar) that will allow us to purchase a nice gift?

I imagine it would be quite lonely being in a hospital by yourself, especially if separated from your laptop; thinking along the lines of a combined "Get Well soon" & "We are all thinking of you" type of gift. Even if we get a basket of nice long-life flowers, it is something physical that can be placed in her room so that each time she looks at her gift she knows that it was from all of us.
Plus it would be a nice way to show our appreciation for all of JD's efforts in running both the latest Cel & Sketch competitions.
I was thinking of this as well.
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

I have her address but I have not heard anything from her since March 25.

I sent a Get Well card early last week. I hope it made her laugh :)

Edit: When I last e-mailed her, we were chatting about her buying a nendoroid (since they have interchangeable faces) to use to pose with her stuff and to take pictures of it doing various things. I know someone mentioned the possibility of sending flowers, but maybe a Cardcaptor Sakura nendoroid (since she's a CCS fan) would be more fun? I checked Amazon, and it'll come out to about $50 including shipping(I have Prime)...which, sadly, is about the same as most bouquets from FTD and Teleflora.
milestogo
Anime Geek

Post by milestogo »

Sorry guys for taking so long to reply it has been a rough couple weeks. Tara is staying with her parents because she can't be alone... you really rely on family and friends when something like this happens, she can't do the simplest things alone, but we are trying to keep her spirits aboard! Surgery follow ups have been VERY positive but absolutely NO weight on her leg for probably 6 weeks, more if the doctor doesn't like her progress. We are all on Tara watch between myself, my husband, my best friend, mom, and dad we are all rotating so that she is NEVER alone.

I love all the ideas maybe I'll pick up a nice cel of something, an awesome get well card signed by beta-ers would be fantastic, does anyone know where we could do a virtual one that we could all add our touch to? I would give any $$ to put a smile on her face, she just kinda sits there in the bed board. I've tried to get her back into Cels but she's in an understandable funk. No money, no car, stress from the accident, pain killers. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

MTG

P.S. I again am sorry for the late post, this past week I have been overnighting at work..... its been rough.... now I have to try to stay awake all day today so that I can go back to my normal sleeping schedule. 8O
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

MTG,

Could we be provided with Tara's parents' address, either on the board or through a PM? I have her home address but if she's unable to check it, sending something to her parents' house would be faster.

As much as I would like to send some books to get her in the mood for YaoiCon, that might just depress her more if she's not able to go this year. I'll send the CCS nendoroid.
milestogo
Anime Geek

Post by milestogo »

I would be more than happy to provide the address to anyone that would like to send her a get well card or just something cheerful PM me if you are interested.

Shes in a bad place right now and it would help a lot to send her that super cheerfulness that she bestows upon others. She's actually been told by people she's too happy and I can attest that she is just that way normally, obviously not lately but that is understandable.

MTG
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Just wanted to update and say that the Sakura nendoroid is on it's way :)

(Was kinda bummed that Tomoyo hasn't been released yet. The eye sparkle facial expression is awesome.)
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Hey, guys, sorry I haven't spoken up in this thread recently, but if there's anything I can do from Japan, please let me know! <3
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Just wanted to add this picture that Jadeduo sent me of the Sakura nendoroid ...
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (76.16 KiB) Viewed 1004 times
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Thanks to everyone for the kind wishes! Shout out to CB and Majinuub for the lovely gifts they really lifted my spirits! Right now I still have to play catch up and I def owe everyone an answer on the Best in Show sketch contest let me catch up and I should get some answers out soonish!

*huggles*

Jadeduo
:jump
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

Jadeduo wrote:Thanks to everyone for the kind wishes! Shout out to CB and Majinuub for the lovely gifts they really lifted my spirits! Right now I still have to play catch up and I def owe everyone an answer on the Best in Show sketch contest let me catch up and I should get some answers out soonish!

*huggles*

Jadeduo
:jump
Hearing that you are doing better and back is fantastic news and helps start this holiday weekend celebration in it's best way :cheers
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Welcome back, JD! I actually have a gift set aside for you, but it keeps getting covered over with medical records and Tennimon gengas. It will get to you, though if you find an order for a CT-scan instead of a douga, please let me know. (You can keep any Tennimon sketches that slip into the box...)

It's been quiet in your absence, and we've missed you. But take your time and get yourself good and better. You've done heroic service in the past year on this forum, and we want to keep you upbeat and chatty rather than worn-down and mumbly.
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Thanks so much JWR, I appreciate it!
I hope you enjoy the rest of your Memorial Day Weekend!

Thanks Sensei, I know I always appreciate support and help around the forum! Thank so much for thinking of me, take your time no need to rush, I love prezzies! However, I saw that you've been down at the same as me so continue to get better and best of luck with your health I will continue to send happy cel thoughts and prayers your way!

JD

PS: I got a bunch of stuff done Best in Show sketch announced and volunteered for participation in the next Gallery Review!
sensei

Post by sensei »

Going to try to get something in the mail to you this weekend -- my brother's bday is Tuesday, so I'm off to the PO for him.

Palme is flabberghasted at being the runner-up in Best of Show! I'm going to hunt up that sketch and give it an extra piece of microchamber paper!

Sure could use some microchamber paper or human equivalent myself ... but am happy that I outlived my father by 12 years. And happier to hear your voice again in this quieter but still enjoyable natter.

Image Image
majinuub
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by majinuub »

Good to have you back JD :) . I was hoping that particular scene would put you in a good mood :D .
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Post by Jadeduo »

Thanks so much Sensei! That was waaaay more than I would expect from anyone, I particularly love the Watery card! I am so excited! I am home for a few hours today to put everything away and hopefully get some scanning done so I can update my gallery I am particularly behind it's almost overwhelming.

I hope your brother had a very Happy Birthday, and I am glad that you survived your CT scan, I also survived mine the first night in the emergency room but they pushed it through IV because I had a hole in my chin and could not sip the barium drink /hmm

I hope everything goes well and we both get on the mend quickly so we can continue our poking Beta with a sharp stick. I appreciate Majinuub and everyone else who has taking up poking duties while we are on the mend!

Majinuub, that scene totally put me in a great mood and it will go great with the other Goku I have from the episode! Thanks so much!

/thx /thx
Jadeduo