Greetings, salutations, aloha, buon giorno!

Are you new to the forum?
Introductions, goodbyes, vacations, reunions...people stuff.
Omnigeek

Greetings, salutations, aloha, buon giorno!

Post by Omnigeek »

Hello all. I just found your site a couple days ago via the profile of a fellow Kickstarter donor.

Little background: My anime experience started many many moons ago as a kid watching Astro Boy, Marine Boy, and Kimba the White Lion (all dubbed). Some years later, my family moved back to Hawaii and I got to experience subbed tokusatus, specifically Kikaida, Kamen Rider V-3, the Five Rangers, Rainbow Man, and Ultra Seven as well as a handful of anime shows. I got back into anime briefly when my younger brother showed me the newly introduced "Robotech" series but then I got busy with life ... until "Ghost in the Shell" came out and I got back into anime big time.

Other passions include the original Star Trek, Golden Age and Silver Age comic books (especially the DC multiverse), Asimov, Heinlein, Babylon 5, classic movies, camping, hiking, scuba, shooting sports, photography (wildlife and landscape), American history & heritage, the American Old West, travel, cooking, and the Dragonriders of Pern -- not necessarily in that order. My favorite character artists from anime are Sonoda Kenichi and Takada Akemi.

Oh yeah, I have a Peter Pan complex.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Re: Greetings, salutations, aloha, buon giorno!

Post by Keropi »

Welcome to Beta! :jump

It's nice to see new people here. I have family in Hawaii also.
KinoLRB
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by KinoLRB »

Welcome to Beta! Glad to have you! :) :) :) :) :) :) Sonoda is one of my favorite artists as well.
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Yay! Welcome to Beta.

I love Ghost in the Shell SAC and to a lesser extent its Arise prequel. But that's because I'm a fan of Kazuchika Kise, Arise's super eccentric character designer.
earl
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by earl »

Welcome! Despite the fact that my collecting mainly focuses on cartoons from the US, I'm a big fan of many anime series'... and GitS SAC is probably one of my top three favorites. :)
Come join us in the Animation Art Collectors slack chat!: http://cels-chat.herokuapp.com/
nowherekid85
Kamisama - God

Post by nowherekid85 »

Hi and welcome to AB!

I have pretty singular focus when it comes to anime. It's all about Inuyasha. :P But I like hiking, wildlife/nature photography, history, and traveling too! Shooting is fun too but I'm a newbie at it. I like cooking...peanut butter and jelly...because that's the extent of my capabilities :P Adult responsibilities are way overrated. 8)

You should also join us in the chat group we have going on. There's nearly 20 of us in it right now and we would love to have somebody else that wants to join in and chat! http://cels-chat.herokuapp.com/
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Welcome to Anime-Beta! :cheers
Omnigeek

Post by Omnigeek »

Thanks all. If I were still living in Central FL, I'd be happy to give you some instruction and practice in shooting nowherekid85. :badass Unfortunately, it's a bit more than a daytrip from the Rocky Mountains. ;) I don't mind adult responsibilities, they enable me to afford my toys and pleasures ... but I DO enjoy my toys. ;) :bounce

I really liked Ghost in the Shell: SAC but wasn't as pleased with Arise. I think my favorite series are Kimagure Orange Road, Bubblegum Crisis, Noir, Yawara!, You're Under Arrest,Rurouni Kenshin,and GitS:SAC but I am really becoming enamored with Space Brothers. I guess I have to confess to enjoying Inuyasha and Ranma 1/2 as well but the mass market nature got to be a bit wearisome and I actually preferred the fansubs to the official releases (saw the fansubs on Inuyasha before it was released in the US).
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Heh heh...when I read "shooting sports", I read it as being a photographer and shooting sporting events. But...Good to see someone else who likes firearms around. I have a 40 caliber H&K.
Omnigeek

Post by Omnigeek »

cutiebunny wrote:Heh heh...when I read "shooting sports", I read it as being a photographer and shooting sporting events. But...Good to see someone else who likes firearms around. I have a 40 caliber H&K.
My photography tends to concentrate on landscapes and wildlife.

You like firearms? But you're in Commiefornia, where they think an M-1 Garand is an "assault weapon" (well, okay, it WAS ... 75 years ago). A gal who appreciates anime AND a good handgun? I think I'm in love ... :)

No H&Ks in my collection. I have quite a few bolt action .22s as instruction/orientation firearms plus some M-1 Garands and M-1 Carbines I collected for their history. I like the S&W M&P 9 (either Shield or Compact) as a CCW but my favorite handgun is a well-cared for 1911A1.
nowherekid85
Kamisama - God

Post by nowherekid85 »

Do you have your photography posted anywhere? I love looking at those types of photos.