New, but not really new...

Are you new to the forum?
Introductions, goodbyes, vacations, reunions...people stuff.
FourD

New, but not really new...

Post by FourD »

New ID, but it's still me. :D I figured I should take a minute to post here in hopes of avoiding any confusion.
Since I'm collecting on my own at this point, and not as half of Angelic-Lair, I have started a new ID. The website linked to this ID (FourD) is my website and the artwork shown there is my artwork. Please don't ask me about anything else from Angelic-Lair. It isn't mine at this point and I don't really want to be bothered about it. It isn't even online right now. If Val decides to sell something in the future I'm sure she'll post. That's why I left her the Angelic-Lair ID. :)
And, to be clear, this is just to keep me sane as I focus on learning a new career and getting my life where I want it to be. Going back to school in your 40's is no joke! I still love collecting artwork but I don't want to dedicate the time that I feel a large collection demands. Hopefully I can be a little bit more active here with a smaller, more focused collection. I would like to be, especially with the dwindling number of collectors. But I do still collect adult artwork, and I know that a lot of folks here tend to judge that harshly. 8) So we'll see.
Anywho... Cheers everyone!

- Joel
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Re: New, but not really new...

Post by cutiebunny »

Welcome :cheers

What's this about judging adult artwork harshly? I'll have you know that thanks to Sekai Project, I have supported some doujinka over the years :P
FourD

Post by FourD »

Well at least I won't be judged TOO harshly for what I collect. :D
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Yeah, I can't be harsh when I count Toshio Maeda as a good friend of mine. Real chill man if you ever get the chance to meet him.
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Welcome back. Good luck on your new path!
FourD

Post by FourD »

ReiTheJelly wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:42 pm Welcome back. Good luck on your new path!
Thanks! For now I'm just happy to know I can still grasp math and physics. :D
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

A newbie! A newbie!

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image 'roll

Ooops. Darn, not really. Welcome back, Joel, I know that interest has declined over time, with anime no longer being "the big new thing" among young people any more. On the other hand, it's good to see considered discussion of classic series (without the "oh you included spoilers!" retort) and have a sense that people are committing more to the long-term health of the items they collect. And good luck with math and physics. Just remember that with math there is always a right answer, while with physics, it's only right up to a certain level, then you use your innate mystical wizard instincts. But on a macrolevel (like building a suspension bridge that won't fall down in the first windstorm) they both level out. Good luck.
FourD

Post by FourD »

Thanks, Sensei! I've got two years to hone my wizardry (assuming I make it through the first semester) so that should be plenty of time to work out some top-notch spells! :elephant
Grico
Kamisama - God

Post by Grico »

I hope the education goes well! I'm on the production part of that as a professor/chair