Hello!

Are you new to the forum?
Introductions, goodbyes, vacations, reunions...people stuff.
heavenskyking

Hello!

Post by heavenskyking »

Hi guys!! :^^:

This is a new hobby that I just recently picked up. I knew (still kinda does) nothing about the details of being an animation arts collector and this forum has been a massive help in understanding things. I also love seeing the collections displayed here. For now I'm just collecting from Sailor Moon, one of my main fandoms :)

It's an expensive hobby for sure, and one I honestly didn't expect I would ever get into, so I've been taking my time. I've known about cels/gengas for a while but it was something I just... observed and admired with no plans to really get involved. My collection is so meager it can't even be called a proper collection, but I love them :D

Glad to meet you all!
Last edited by heavenskyking on Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Re: Hello!

Post by JWR »

Welcome and don't worry about the size of your collection. I started out with just a few and grew over time.
Collecting is something we do for our enjoyment and as long as you collect ones you enjoy and like that's all that matters.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
jiangdc
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by jiangdc »

Welcome!!!!!
:cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers
Autograph focused collection. Collect cel, genga and douga on favorite characters from animes.
RS: http://jiangdc.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
INS: https://www.instagram.com/dccollectiongallery/
Pixel
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Pixel »

Hello. Welcome.

As JWR said, don't worry about how much you have. I started with a just a single layout correction, and have gradually buiit up from there. My collection is still not large by any means, but I enjoy the pieces I do have.
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

Welcome to Beta.

Sailor Moon is very expensive to collect from, especially if you're going after bank animation. Douga sets are increasing in prices as the cels for the series have mostly dried up.
heavenskyking

Post by heavenskyking »

Thanks so much for the warm welcome! I plan to contribute and learn as much as I can from this forum. Glad that I found this place :^^:

cutiebunny - yes, and sadly there doesn’t seem to be many of the character(s) I love so the options are somewhat limited :( I suppose I should just dilligently check websites back regularly.
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

^It's really just about being patient and having the funds for it when (and if) it pops up for sale.

Although I've been collecting cels for well over 15 years now, there is still a lot of stuff that I have never seen in galleries nor for sale.
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

A newbie! A newbie!

Image ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImage

Welcome to the inmate-managed asylum, heavenskyking, and accept my pardons for not welcoming you more promptly. No collection is meager if it contains good taste and affection, and all of us remember times when ours were as modest. (I used to have my whole collection inside a cardboard letter-sized mailing envelope, and every so often, I'd pull it down from its closet shelf and look through them, one by one, marveling at their colors and sense of action.)

Please feel free to ask questions: for myself I'm trying as time and energy allow to put up a series of pieces in the new "Everything an anime art collector should know" gallery, and so your incentive on what you'd like to have discussed would be invaluable. For now, enjoy, and let your interest and resources direct your collecting. If you love what you own more than what you'd like to own, all will be well, and you will find the hobby more rewarding (and less expensive in the long run) than you could ever expect.
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Welcome! There have been lots of nice Sailor Moon cels on Yahoo!Japan auctions recently, which is somewhat exciting. The prices, though... ouch.

I look forward to seeing your collection grow! :)
heavenskyking

Post by heavenskyking »

Thank you, guys! :D You know how to make a gal feel at home!

"If you love what you own more than what you'd like to own" - that is such a great quote, sensei.
ReiTheJelly wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:48 pm Welcome! There have been lots of nice Sailor Moon cels on Yahoo!Japan auctions recently, which is somewhat exciting. The prices, though... ouch.
I know right. More like O U C H. Bolded and italic'd, lol.
Grico
Kamisama - God

Post by Grico »

Welcome!