New Member. Nice to meet you :)

Are you new to the forum?
Introductions, goodbyes, vacations, reunions...people stuff.
bingk

New Member. Nice to meet you :)

Post by bingk »

Hello, I'm Bingk
and I started collecting cels roughly a year-ish ago.
I currently only have 3 but I'm really proud of them.
One from Metropolis, Little Nemo, and Sailor Moon.

I'm curious as to how to be involved in the community. Thank you <3
Pixel
Kishin - Fierce God

Re: New Member. Nice to meet you :)

Post by Pixel »

Welcome to the forum.

As to how to be involved, I guess that's something you have to work out for yourself.

From time to time I post pieces, usually with lengthy article describing the piece, it's condition, and various other things about the piece and the series to which it belongs.

You don't have to do it that way however. That's just the way I prefer to do it.
jiangdc
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by jiangdc »

Welcome!
To me, in order to get involved, I would like to share my cels and join other people's topics. :cheers
Autograph focused collection. Collect cel, genga and douga on favorite characters from animes.
RS: http://jiangdc.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
INS: https://www.instagram.com/dccollectiongallery/
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

A newbie! A newbie!

Sorry not to have welcomed you properly, but I've been on the run of late. Partly work (I'm retired but teach an online course, double duty this semester due to a colleague's sudden death), partly scanning/writing up/posting/preparing for storage new items in my gallery. No collection is small if your heart is in it, and many of us found that a small clutch of cels or sketches is the gateway to a wide and everlastingly enjoyable pastime, thankfully still possible on a tight budget.

"Little Nemo" is a fine film to collect from. Masami Hata is a fine director who was influential during the "Golden Age" when anime came of age. You might investigate some of his Japan-side releases, especially The Sea Prince and the Fire Child (Syrius no Densetsu or "The Saga of Syrius"). Cels for that pop up from time to time, sometimes for very nice prices, and they are drop-dead gorgeous: trace-lines done by hand the old fashioned way, extensive airbrushing, exquisite character design.

Anyhow, thanks for checking in and good luck with your new interest.