New and Happy to be here!

Are you new to the forum?
Introductions, goodbyes, vacations, reunions...people stuff.
SabreMarionette

New and Happy to be here!

Post by SabreMarionette »

Hello everyone!

My name is Sabrina and I am happy to take part in the animation art collecting community. I have collected a handful of cels already and excited to collect more. I have tried to register an account on Rubberslug to start a gallery but have had difficulties. It keeps providing an error. Hopefully, I'll be able to share with all of you soon!

Thank you for reading my silly welcome message! <3

Nice to meet you all~
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Re: New and Happy to be here!

Post by sensei »

A newbie! A newbie!

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Welcome to Anime-Beta. I'm sorry that you are having trouble with Rubberslug, that derelict space cruiser that (like "the" Moby Dick in Hakugei) keeps running and running despite its general obsolescence. The webmaster is in Africa now (as his Facebook page shows) but I expect he is aware of the various prods to get him to develop a work-around for this troublesome issue. Meanwhile, you might investigate some of the alternatives that Beta members have developed to generate more timely and flexible ways of developing galleries.

And feel free to show off some of your pretties. Beta is pretty forgiving about sharing images, and it will get members interested in what you have in your collection already.

So well met and happy hunting, SabreMarionette!
Frysende
Anime Geek

Post by Frysende »

Welcome, Sabre. Marionette? Sabrina? I'm chronically averse to typing full usernames, so please inform me whichever you prefer.

Anyway, I'm Meghan, and I fell into this hobby with my first cel purchase in February of 2017. I mainly collect Yu Yu Hakusho (if my signature doesn't make that plain) as well as Hunter x Hunter and Fullmetal Alchemist.

Please feel free to share pictures of your cels: maybe even make a temporary gallery on imgur or something until RS allows you to set up. We love staring at each other's cels and congratulating our fellow collectors on big hauls. What series/movie have you already purchased from?
Pixel
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Pixel »

Hello there.

Welcome to the forum. Yes RubberSlug can be difficult at times, but considering it's age it's pretty impressive that it runs as well as it does.

I like to post here chunks of my collection every so often, generally with fairly extensive commentary on the presented piece or pieces and how they relate to the subject animation as a broader work.

Another possibility is to find a free web host, although that can be kind of tricky with most hosting providers aggressively seeking revenue these days.

I had in mind building a website to supplement my RS articles and postings here, but I just can't bring myself to do it.
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

Welcome! Always exciting to find out there are still people who appreciate this medium, again, Welcome!!
:cheers
SabreMarionette

sensei wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:00 pm A newbie! A newbie!

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Welcome to Anime-Beta. I'm sorry that you are having trouble with Rubberslug, that derelict space cruiser that (like "the" Moby Dick in Hakugei) keeps running and running despite its general obsolescence. The webmaster is in Africa now (as his Facebook page shows) but I expect he is aware of the various prods to get him to develop a work-around for this troublesome issue. Meanwhile, you might investigate some of the alternatives that Beta members have developed to generate more timely and flexible ways of developing galleries.

And feel free to show off some of your pretties. Beta is pretty forgiving about sharing images, and it will get members interested in what you have in your collection already.

So well met and happy hunting, SabreMarionette!
Thank you Sensei~! I will try to gather up all my stuff in the meanwhile while I figure out what to do regarding a gallery. But I will take your advise and show my pretties here! :)
SabreMarionette

Frysende wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:57 pm Welcome, Sabre. Marionette? Sabrina? I'm chronically averse to typing full usernames, so please inform me whichever you prefer.

Anyway, I'm Meghan, and I fell into this hobby with my first cel purchase in February of 2017. I mainly collect Yu Yu Hakusho (if my signature doesn't make that plain) as well as Hunter x Hunter and Fullmetal Alchemist.

Please feel free to share pictures of your cels: maybe even make a temporary gallery on imgur or something until RS allows you to set up. We love staring at each other's cels and congratulating our fellow collectors on big hauls. What series/movie have you already purchased from?
It's a pleasure to meet you Meghan!! :) You can call me Sabre or Sabrina. Either is fine~!

That's exciting! So two full years of collecting? I'm excited to see your collection if it consists of Yu Yu Hakusho, Hunter x Hunter and Full Metal Alchemist. I do have a few Hunter x Hunter cels but I do hope to add some nicer ones to my collection in the future.

As for other series/movies, I have cels from Sailor Moon, Inu-Yasha, Slayers, Sorcerer Stabber Orphen, Magic Knight Rayearth, Card Captor Sakura, Dragonball Z (game) and some other ones I can remember off hand. Haha~ But one of my special cels is from the Chuck Jones movie Gay-purree. It's just near and dear to my heart. I will hopefully be able to share with you soon and again I can't wait to look at your Gallery now! :D
SabreMarionette

Pixel wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:54 pm Hello there.

Welcome to the forum. Yes RubberSlug can be difficult at times, but considering it's age it's pretty impressive that it runs as well as it does.

I like to post here chunks of my collection every so often, generally with fairly extensive commentary on the presented piece or pieces and how they relate to the subject animation as a broader work.

Another possibility is to find a free web host, although that can be kind of tricky with most hosting providers aggressively seeking revenue these days.

I had in mind building a website to supplement my RS articles and postings here, but I just can't bring myself to do it.
Hello Pixel!

Thank you for the welcome! I have to say I was impressed with how old some of the items in the Rubberslug gallery are. I do hope it will allow new accounts created soon. But I am patient and in the meantime I will find a work around as Sensei advised. But I do want to try to avoid making a whole website dedicated to it. My collection is tiny. lol
SabreMarionette

teggacat wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:50 am Welcome! Always exciting to find out there are still people who appreciate this medium, again, Welcome!!
:cheers
Thanks Teggacat! :D I was happy to find this forum and excited to talk to those with the same hobby as me. Cheers to you as well! And let's have fun together! :cheers
jiangdc
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by jiangdc »

Welcome!!!!!! :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers
Autograph focused collection. Collect cel, genga and douga on favorite characters from animes.
RS: http://jiangdc.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
INS: https://www.instagram.com/dccollectiongallery/
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Welcome to Anime-Beta!
Grico
Kamisama - God

Post by Grico »

Welcome!
kathpatty
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by kathpatty »

Happy to have you here !! :bounce :bounce :bounce :cheers
A Man Who Views The World The Same At Fifty As He Did At Twenty Has Wasted Thirty Years Of His Life. - Muhammad Ali