Hello

Are you new to the forum?
Introductions, goodbyes, vacations, reunions...people stuff.
StinkyNeko

Hello

Post by StinkyNeko »

Hello Everyone!

I'm StinkyNeko and my partner is Archangeli

I'm completely new to the boards and cel collecting. I started watching anime in the 80's. I have never own a production cel before but I hope to own my first one soon. I've been a big collector of anime figures and Dollfie Dream dolls. I would say I started collecting around the 90's.

My partner has uploaded a few YouTube videos about our hobbies.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC35CJC ... koZ7NRcakA
jiangdc
Juuyaku - Executive

Re: Hello

Post by jiangdc »

Welcome,
I looked at your youtube upload, really nice dolls collections!
I hope you both enjoy your time here and we are always happy to help if you have any questions regarding collecting cels. :cheers :cheers
DC
Autograph focused collection. Collect cel, genga and douga on favorite characters from animes.
RS: http://jiangdc.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
INS: https://www.instagram.com/dccollectiongallery/
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

Welcome! :bounce :bounce
its a good forum with with an excellent info source, you've got newbies to old timers and everything in between!
Have fun!
:bounce :bounce
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

I know several collectors who have been enticed by the dolfie world and are no longer active, so it's nice to get one back this time. I grew interested in anime around 1999, thanks to my teenaged daughter (now all grown up and being an info director for a boarding school in Hong Kong) who was watching DBZ and Gundam Wing with boyfriends. Being the contrarian, I was drawn more to the shoujo realm, mainly as I could see its creative use of Japanese and global folklore, an academic specialty of mine. (I actually published an analysis of Anime-Beta as a virtual community for a scholarly book on folklore in the Internet world.) I guess I was a brony before there was a MLP/FIM.

Anyhow, it's an endlessly fascinating activity, and while the auction scene is not nearly as active as it was even ten years ago, there are still nice things to be had for not a whole lot. Welcome, and have fun!
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

Hello,

A while back I picked up a couple off Super Dollfie's for our collection
Photobucket is been giving problems so I can't direct link to.
The 1st was of Snow Miku
The second one was a purchase in the last year of Super Dollfie Graffiti of Belldandy
I believe it can still be viewed through this thread http://www.anime-beta.com/phpBB3/viewto ... =5&t=31767
unless photobucket goes through with their threat to deactivate my account.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
Fiore
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by Fiore »

Welcome!!<3
And wow your collection of dollfie is stunning! 8O I love the Saber and Sailor moon ones!
I can’t say I was a collector, but I do own a few dollfie, but they aren’t anime related. If I were able to get an anime one, it would so be like the ones of Kuroshitsuji, Devilman and Creamy Mami. I remember really loving the look of them from what I can remember. Not sure what other series has been turned into dollfie.

The ones I own come from Soom and Luts :
Luts: Limited Bory (Untold Story)
Soom: Trachy & Lami
Soom: Shale (At the time I wanted to turn this one into Sailor moon’s Pegasus character)
Soom: Aloha Human
I did own a Soseo head from Switch, but sold it. Switch has lovely made sculpts and are still my favorites even though I’m no longer in the hobby. :love:
The hobby just to expensive for me that I fell out, but I still ogle when I can.

I still collect figures from time to time though. I think you might also like the site https://myfigurecollection.net/ I think they now added option to add dollfie so you can keep track of what you own or order. Very helpful.
I’m currently waiting on release of Saber prototype one. So excited!>v<

Can’t wait to see what you’ll collect for your cel collection! Have fun and see you around the forums!
StinkyNeko

Post by StinkyNeko »

jiangdc wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:17 am Welcome,
I looked at your youtube upload, really nice dolls collections!
I hope you both enjoy your time here and we are always happy to help if you have any questions regarding collecting cels. :cheers :cheers
DC
Thank You!

If I have any questions I will for sure ask.
StinkyNeko

Post by StinkyNeko »

teggacat wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:07 pm Welcome! :bounce :bounce
its a good forum with with an excellent info source, you've got newbies to old timers and everything in between!
Have fun!
:bounce :bounce
Hi teggacat

I found a huge amount of information here when I was lurking and decided to sign up.
StinkyNeko

Post by StinkyNeko »

sensei wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:24 am I know several collectors who have been enticed by the dolfie world and are no longer active, so it's nice to get one back this time. I grew interested in anime around 1999, thanks to my teenaged daughter (now all grown up and being an info director for a boarding school in Hong Kong) who was watching DBZ and Gundam Wing with boyfriends. Being the contrarian, I was drawn more to the shoujo realm, mainly as I could see its creative use of Japanese and global folklore, an academic specialty of mine. (I actually published an analysis of Anime-Beta as a virtual community for a scholarly book on folklore in the Internet world.) I guess I was a brony before there was a MLP/FIM.

Anyhow, it's an endlessly fascinating activity, and while the auction scene is not nearly as active as it was even ten years ago, there are still nice things to be had for not a whole lot. Welcome, and have fun!
Hello Sensei

I'm kinda of a mix collector. I like to collect little bits of everything. My partner and myself have one golden rule. We must agree on it. I have watched a lot of Shoujo anime. Mostly romance/comedy but I still have fond memories of animes like Sailor Moon.

I been having some luck with the forums with contacting people.
StinkyNeko

Post by StinkyNeko »

JWR wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:48 pm Hello,

A while back I picked up a couple off Super Dollfie's for our collection
Photobucket is been giving problems so I can't direct link to.
The 1st was of Snow Miku
The second one was a purchase in the last year of Super Dollfie Graffiti of Belldandy
I believe it can still be viewed through this thread http://www.anime-beta.com/phpBB3/viewto ... =5&t=31767
unless photobucket goes through with their threat to deactivate my account.
Hey JWR

My first DD was Saber Lily from Fate/Stay Night. I also have a SDG Belldandy. I have a picture gallery on flickr.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/archangeli/albums/

It's very messy I haven't organized or clean up for years.

Flickr might closed down one day. I have thousands of pictures there. :bawl
StinkyNeko

Post by StinkyNeko »

Fiore wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 6:47 am Welcome!!<3
And wow your collection of dollfie is stunning! 8O I love the Saber and Sailor moon ones!
I can’t say I was a collector, but I do own a few dollfie, but they aren’t anime related. If I were able to get an anime one, it would so be like the ones of Kuroshitsuji, Devilman and Creamy Mami. I remember really loving the look of them from what I can remember. Not sure what other series has been turned into dollfie.

The ones I own come from Soom and Luts :
Luts: Limited Bory (Untold Story)
Soom: Trachy & Lami
Soom: Shale (At the time I wanted to turn this one into Sailor moon’s Pegasus character)
Soom: Aloha Human
I did own a Soseo head from Switch, but sold it. Switch has lovely made sculpts and are still my favorites even though I’m no longer in the hobby. :love:
The hobby just to expensive for me that I fell out, but I still ogle when I can.

I still collect figures from time to time though. I think you might also like the site https://myfigurecollection.net/ I think they now added option to add dollfie so you can keep track of what you own or order. Very helpful.
I’m currently waiting on release of Saber prototype one. So excited!>v<

Can’t wait to see what you’ll collect for your cel collection! Have fun and see you around the forums!
Thank You Fiore

I believe Creamy Mami was released as a Super Dollfie. Normally I would give advice to people that wanted to collect SD but since you already own Luts and Soom dolls you know what you're doing :-D

My partner started updating the database on myfigurecollection for DD/SD many years ago. But stop because it became too time consuming. We haven't been as active on myfigurecollection the last few years but we pop in once in awhile.