An Odd Idea - I started a Cel Blog

Show off your stuff!
BleedingOrange
Yosutebito - Hermit
Location: I am everywhere and yet, nowhere... all at the same time. Whoa.

An Odd Idea - I started a Cel Blog

Post by BleedingOrange »

I'm not currently actively collecting right now, but that doesn't mean I'm completely out! But for now, I thought it might be fun to blog about my days of collecting. It's sort of a way to show people who might be interested cels they may never have seen before with a story to go with it about when it popped up on YJ, etc.

Now that may sound boring. It might be boring haha. But I have thousands of cel images saved to my computer from 2002/03 to now and I thought it would be cool if some people got to see them. Including some from the Dragon Room gallery that no longer exists. You may remember that one eh?

I also thought the blog could share something about tips on collecting cels, where to find them, etc. Inform about the process. But I also thought it might be cool if you guys wanted to feature one of your favorite cels and write a story about how you got it or whatever, I could post that too.

I always, primarily, was a DB/Z/GT collector so the blog focuses on that. But I plan on mentioning other cels from time to time and I could link to your galleries as well as feature a cel in your collection if you want.

I just thought you guys may want to read some of my entries I have so far, to see what you think of them. I was surprised how much I had to write on them. You can also check for errors I may have made if you wish and let me know about them.

http://dragonballcels.wordpress.com/

Tell me what you guys think! :)
Visit: Bleeding Orange - DBZ Cel Gallery
"It seems a demon has possessed your trousers... care for an exorcism?"
KT
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by KT »

I like it a lot! :) I hope you continue to do the blog because even though I'm out of cel collecting as well, I'd be very interested in checking out your cel blog! :D
BleedingOrange
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by BleedingOrange »

Well thank you very much! I hope that this blog will be interesting to someone other than just me haha.
KT
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by KT »

No prob! The cel pictures are my favorite part, but I'm sure that's what anyone would say :P But the background info you write is cool and informative as well. It adds flare to the images :)
toonybabe
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by toonybabe »

I think its a great idea. For now most of us use the Rubberslug blog attached to our galleries, but the way you're doing it allows for a lot more personalization. I wouldn't mind setting up my own someday!
iceman57
Senpai - Elder

Post by iceman57 »

Great work, especially the faded Goku sample.
Last edited by iceman57 on Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE ART OF ANIME Cultural Exhibition
HD video trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS51tjKlhB0
Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/theartofanime
jenn-b
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by jenn-b »

Please take all of your purchase inquiries to pm or email, and not on the public forum.

Once a Bleach Whore...always a Bleach Whore

"Looks like you're on the ass end of an ass-kickin'" the All-Powerful Bender
BleedingOrange
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by BleedingOrange »

jenn-b wrote:Please take all of your purchase inquiries to pm or email, and not on the public forum.
Did I do something wrong? I don't remember mentioning purchasing or selling?
toonybabe wrote:I think its a great idea. For now most of us use the Rubberslug blog attached to our galleries, but the way you're doing it allows for a lot more personalization. I wouldn't mind setting up my own someday!
Well I don't really have that many cels these days so I don't use a gallery anymore, so this will do. I can tell about how I got some of the cels I've managed to nab over the years and show other people some cels that I've only been able to drool over. I thought it was an odd, niche idea... but thought it could be fun.

And to everyone else I added another entry today guys! I hope people will be interested enough to at least come to the blog to see some of the cels if nothing else! haha. I'll try to keep updating it regularly.

Remember I'll feature your own cels and galleries if you like!
iceman57
Senpai - Elder

Post by iceman57 »

BleedingOrange wrote:
jenn-b wrote:Please take all of your purchase inquiries to pm or email, and not on the public forum.
Did I do something wrong? I don't remember mentioning purchasing or selling?
Nope, all my fault, I wrote a note about and supressed it.
Check PMs ;)
THE ART OF ANIME Cultural Exhibition
HD video trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS51tjKlhB0
Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/theartofanime