new rubberslug is live

Show off your stuff!
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Can someone help me figure out how to empty the trash? Every time I delete an item, the only option I can see available is "restore"
Sky Rat
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Sky Rat »

When we searched for a keyword in the past, the search engine pulled up options to search by artwork, gallery, or member name. Now I see artwork as the only results when I search. I primarily used the search feature to search for galleries with categories that matched my keyword, not specific artwork. Will you bring back the more complex version of the search feature?

Thanks so much for all the effort you put into rubberslug.

EDIT...okay I hadn't really tried the popular gallery tag feature. I guess that replaces the 'search by gallery' topic I was looking for so my question isn't so relavant. haha. Nevermind I guess!

I did like how when I searched by gallery topic before the galleries came up in the order of who's updated most recently. It looks like now they are ordered by who has the mst items in that anime? I liked being able to see if I'd missed someone adding something new for my favorite shows, which doesn't seem like I can do now?
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

ReiTheJelly wrote:Can someone help me figure out how to empty the trash? Every time I delete an item, the only option I can see available is "restore"
yeah, i was wondering that one myself....
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Sky Rat wrote:When we searched for a keyword in the past, the search engine pulled up options to search by artwork, gallery, or member name. Now I see artwork as the only results when I search. I primarily used the search feature to search for galleries with categories that matched my keyword, not specific artwork. Will you bring back the more complex version of the search feature?
I agree. I just ran a search for "Saiunkoku" (searching for a particular piece from the series "Saiunkoku Monogatari") and had hardly any results returned, since people rarely use the show name in the actual artwork itself. My own gallery didn't appear. :D
Xelloss
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Xelloss »

I found a couple of bugs.

The biggest is that password protecting larger images seems to be totally broken. No matter how big or small I set the image size to, the full-sized image is showing up on the items page. Considering how much of a problem I've had in the past of people making fan copies of my cels (heck, there is one on ebay right now) I consider this a huge problem.

More minorly, I can't seem to delete old news on my main gallery page.

Thanks,

- Karen
Caroline
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Caroline »

just hopped back onto beta to say i love the new rs!! :wink:

thanks & congrats, jason!! :iluvu

maybe it's just me: when i do a search, most recent items don't pop up first? the order seems random?
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

Olivier wrote:If not, I just wish I could reset all my gallery hits, is this possible?
You can. Just delete your cel listing and then re-add it. The counter will be reset because it's like you added new artwork.
uchiha615 wrote:
ReiTheJelly wrote:Can someone help me figure out how to empty the trash? Every time I delete an item, the only option I can see available is "restore"

yeah, i was wondering that one myself....
I third this.
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
beatrush
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by beatrush »

I am having issues with pages loading when I browse a gallery. They take forever to load or they time out.
Blaster
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Blaster »

beatrush wrote:I am having issues with pages loading when I browse a gallery. They take forever to load or they time out.
I'm having that problem also, especially with my own gallery. I can usually view one or two pages, then it starts hanging.
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

Blaster wrote:
beatrush wrote:I am having issues with pages loading when I browse a gallery. They take forever to load or they time out.
I'm having that problem also, especially with my own gallery. I can usually view one or two pages, then it starts hanging.
me too! me too! I was just glad to see others having this
issue, I thought it was my pathetically old pc :roll:
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

I don't have this problem, though it does seem that the background is a long time loading. But as I use the same bg for all my galleries, once it loads I have no trouble browsing among items. I haven't noticed a problem with other galleries either (so long as there was a common bg used).

BTW, I normally use MS Explorer 8.0 to browse Rubberslug.
duotrouble
Trouble Maker

Post by duotrouble »

Everything's loading super fast for me, backgrounds, animations, etc. I'm using IE8. I bought my computer in January and am on cable internet. I tried several galleries with no problems. Could you guys be having internet issues and/or an older computer? :?

Don't forget today is cyber Monday so the internet overall could be slow. :wink:
Can you hear this fangirl squee?!
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

I've had mild slowness issues off and on since the new RS went live ... but I always figured it was just my Internet connection. Of course, it was mainly on the non-gallery portions of the site, so I also figured it might just be all the new fancy features ;).

I think Duo may have a point with the cyber-monday thing, too.
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Post by teggacat »

well, I've been having the slowness in loading pages for several days now,
the first two or three will load fast then it just hangs up, but alas I am using an
old computer, but never had any issues before, until this past week, since all
the changes/upgrades have occured
beatrush
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by beatrush »

Ive been having this issue since the new RS was launched. I thought at first it was my PC or Internet connection, but after trying RS on my phone and 6 different computers in different places using Safari, Firefox, and IE8, I am having the same issues.