In the Beginning...

Show off your stuff!
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

In the Beginning...

Post by ReiTheJelly »

...there was a 2011 update! :D

After 6 months, I finally had my deputy ship me my stash; with that addition to my to-be-scanned pile, I felt I had enough items that it was worth a general announcement.

On the Ah, Megami-sama! front, I was able to acquire three cels of the Punishment Angel. This sequence is by far one of my favorites from the film and has been on my mental wishlist for quite a long time. :)
I love how the angel slowly unfurls itself. A13, A22, and A38

Moving along alphabetically into Autographs, I finally got around to scanning some which I've had for YEARS; namely Billy West, Nobuteru Yuki and Fred Gallagher.

The last six months have been very plentiful for Cardcaptor Sakura cels. One wishlist also appeared, which made my fangirl heart go pitter-patter. :)
Several new card spirits also made their way to my gallery. The Dash, The Little, and The Shield. A wishlist layout of The Change was also purchased, but may be lost, as it has been almost 2 months and my deputy has not yet received it. I hope this isn't the case, as it comes with the matching background for that sequence.
In addition to the massive SHEEP! pan, I also purchased an exceptionally large vertical pan of Michelin Man Sakura, which is terribly adorable. :)

Moving on from CCS, the next series in line is Inu Yasha. I love some of the opening and ending sequences, but my favorite is when Kagome jumps into the well. I could hardly pass up these two sequence mates. :D A14 and A21.

Moving back into the shoujo genre, I made a few Magic Knight Rayearth purchases, including a very nice cel of the protagonists sans armor. I also snagged a final armor Umi and a fabulous Fuu henshin cel.

In addition to my usual series, I broke one of my unwritten rules...by collecting from a new series. I have long admire the quality of Petshop of Horrors cels and the manga is a favorite of mine. When this GORGEOUS cel of The Kirin became available, I really wanted it. Plus, the detail in his outfit is just stunning! *_*

Although not a whole lot of non-shoujo purchases were made in the past half-year, I did find a few other pieces of art to add to my collection. From the Crest/Banner of the Stars universe, I found a delightful cel of one of the ships, as well as a cute cel of Selnay.

I have a few more CCS pieces en route, but it looks like this is it for awhile, at least in terms of updates. :)

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look around!! :D :D
Angelic-Lair
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Angelic-Lair »

Just want to say again that we really love the punishment angel cels! :)
And the Sheep CCS cel is soo cute and fits really well in your collection. The matching sketch is quite nice too!
eyes0nme19
Eiketsu - Mastermind

Post by eyes0nme19 »

Love the punishment angel cels! So pretty 8O
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

As you know, I've been looking right along, and congratulate you again on some very handsome additions to your collection. I'm especially glad to see the big hole in the ground full of sheep plushies go to a home that will appreciate it as it deserves.

I wish I could help with IDing the Shield Card cel, but that puzzles me too. If the background is original, then it's not Ep. 58 when she coverts the card from Clow --> Sakura, as that takes place inside (and the conversion bank takes a black background anyhow). She does use it in Ep. 69 vs. Eriol to create a shield over her friends while she goes mobile to duel with the wizard. And the bg looks like Ep. 69 to me. But on checking my DVD, this image doesn't appear there. (And just to be sure, I also checked Ep. 58 -- not there either!)

I can't immediately find a use of it in the Sealed Card Movie.

Possibly an unused cut from Ep. 69? Does the bg have any annotations on it that might help?

Is a puzzlement.
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

sensei wrote:Does the bg have any annotations on it that might help?
Both the background and the layout say Scene 2, Cut 18. That's all. :?
sensei

Post by sensei »

ReiTheJelly wrote:[Both the background and the layout say Scene 2, Cut 18. That's all. :?
Ah, then it's from the opening of the Second Movie, when Sakura films some bogus adventures for Tomoyo with the help of the Create Card. That gives her a chance to use some of her other Cards in an action format.

Yep, here's the screen cap on Desertmoon's gallery.

http://www.desertmoon.org/screen/cardca ... d_0036.jpg

I don't have the Movie 2 DVD (don't like it nearly as well as the Movie 1!), but the Scene + Cut description nails it. Only the movie cels/sketches used that system.
choka162
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by choka162 »

ooohhhh I love the Rayearth cel of the girls together!
star-phoenix
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by star-phoenix »

Nice update! :-)
Cordelia
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Cordelia »

Love the sheep cel.......kawaii! :)
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Angelic-Lair: Thanks guys! If I ever decide to part with any of the angels, I know who to e-mail first. :)

eyes0nme19: Don't they have the most wonderful character design? And the art direction for that sequence is just superb.

sensei: Thanks for helping me ID the Shield. I was thinking it was from the 2nd movie (the art style looked familiar), but I wasn't certain. I'm glad you found that screencap for me. :D

choka162: Thanks, Choka! I was really excited to see such a nice cel of Umi, Hikaru and Fuu together. The tender expression on Umi's face is priceless.

star-phoenix: Thank you for stopping by to visit! :) :)

Cordelia: SHEEP!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D
rallihir
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by rallihir »

Great update. As you said, the Sakura in a bin full of sheep is certainly a must have cel. It's also nice to see some new Rayearth cels.
There is no such thing as too much cuteness
Shampoo
Kiba-phile

Post by Shampoo »

Baa-ram-ewe, baa-ram-eweeee!!!
To your breed, your fleece, your clan be true-
sheep be true, baa-ram-ewe!!

:rollin :hitting:
Sorry I couldn't help myself!
Eeee soo cute! I love your giant CCS sheep pan!
What a fabulous cel!
:jump
The details on your Fuu henshin and Kirin from Pet Shop of
Horrors are incredible and beautiful!
I can only imagine the hours to fill in all those little
details of the Kirin's kimono!
@_@
:love2 :deek :hello
Belldandy
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Belldandy »

Sheeeeeeeeppppp!!!!!! Oh that is just way too cute! Congrats on all your lovely additions!
Macron one
Kamisama - God

Post by Macron one »

Fantastic cel of the sheep pit! I would have probably bid on that YJ auction as well if i hadn't already set myself a pretty strict cel budget for 2011. The trio of AMG cels are also very nice. Great additions all-round!
Yume Hime
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by Yume Hime »

Your three Punishment Angel cels are a really worthy acquisition /no1 ! I love this scene from the movie, I remember the way she unfurls with that strange music, so aerial.