how long do you wait to post new cels after purchase?

Show off your stuff!
Eternal Squall
Kamisama - God

Re: how long do you wait to post new cels after purchase?

Post by Eternal Squall »

When I started collecting, I would post as soon as I could fire up my scanner. Now that I have been at this a while, I seem to have a pile forming on my drafting table. I do buy mostly sketch sets now, and those do take some time to scan, resize, animate, scene research......wow just typing that is giving me tired head.

About year and a half ago, I purchased a douga set, that took me 3 hours to scan in every sheet. I then took another 90 mins to adjust each image.....never got it animated, I think that experience took a little something out of me. I was defeated by paper, and have been a beaten man ever since....... :bawl
genomexec
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by genomexec »

I generally wait until I have 2-3 things to update at once. So, like, half a year.
frozentime
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by frozentime »

In the past, I would generally post within a few weeks of getting shipments. If I knew I would have another in a couple of weeks, I would wait on it. Now, I have such little time to scan my cels I can go half a year or more. I think my last updated was almost a year ago, and I got interrupted and didn't finish it (actually just realized today I didn't finish it). ^_^; I'm trying to catch up over the next week or so, but I suspect it will be rare for me to have the time to update more than twice a year for the foreseeable future. :( I guess it makes for nicer updates though. ;)
ginga123
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by ginga123 »

wow, i'm glad this topic has taken off :) it takes me a bit to update because i don't know when i'll have free time to get ahold of a photoshop session at your local FedEx Office. i'll scan it right away (or i'll get unmotivated and just file it away) and then just leave the scans on a flash drive until i have time or i forget them and re-discover them at a later date. i found scans almost a year old a few months ago (oops) lol like rei, i do it to keep up with what i have. i'm still working out kinks on storage of sketches and it's like an inventory checklist for me.
Ginga’s Anime Galactica
Making Bold Look Beautiful since 2005
www.gag.rubberslug.com

“I pretended to be somebody I wanted to be until finally I became that person. Or (s)he became me.”—Cary Grant
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Eternal Squall wrote:About year and a half ago, I purchased a douga set, that took me 3 hours to scan in every sheet. I then took another 90 mins to adjust each image.....never got it animated, I think that experience took a little something out of me. I was defeated by paper, and have been a beaten man ever since....... :bawl
This is why I prefer collecting cels; less of a hassle, less of a storage issue. :D
Yupa
Kamisama - God

Post by Yupa »

It is a lot of work indeed, but I love doing it. I usually post scans of my sketch sets within a week after I receive them.
D123
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by D123 »

I use to update my stuff not long after I received it or at least :P I think I did it’s so long since I did an update I really need to do one I have 2+ years of new goodies to add
Yupa wrote:It is a lot of work indeed, but I love doing it. I usually post scans of my sketch sets within a week after I receive them.
yes it can be I have a storyboard that I believe is 700+ pages I really wanted to update with it but I don’t see it happening
kizu
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by kizu »

Well I've been really busy with the job... So my weekends and night time are spent recuperating. It used to be I update a few days or even same day I get my stuff.That's when my job wasn't so intrusive. Now a days I update when I can and that could stretch on for a few weeks to a few months. :l
sugarcels
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by sugarcels »

Within HOURS of getting them in the mail, LOL! I don't get a lot of cels, and I'm always anxious to share new ones. I don't update much because I'm not buying as much - I'm getting pickier :P
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

It really depends. I've update some items withing weeks of receiving them and then there are some items that have been waiting in the wings for years. You'll notice on my gallery home page that I mention that I have about 30-something% online. Yeah, that's very true. I still have stuff from 2007 that I haven't posted yet. And while it's scanned and ready to go, I keep telling myself that the time is not right for me to update with it. I want to wait until certain events happen in my life, and then I'll update with those items. I suppose it's because I see the artwork as representing something due to the scene involved.

Then, there's also a large portion of artwork that I haven't updated with because I don't want the prices to skyrocket on what I collect. I don't want others to come in and jack up the prices, or take the items from me. I have a lot of artwork that fits into this group right now. I guess my thought is that, if I go six months without seeing any more items from the anime or episode I collect, then, I'll update.

But excluding the handful of items that fit in these categories, I would say that the average wait time is 1-2 years before I update with anything. In some cases, I feel that I have to make a short gif for the item, and I prefer to make gifs in the winter when I can huddle around a warm computer.

But most of the time, it's because I don't think you can handle that level of bishiness. :P

Light Yagami sans shirt + that delicious vampy Dmitri from 'Kurobara Alice'...I'd never be able to concentrate at work with them around!
AerynAerie
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by AerynAerie »

I scan them the day I get them...unless it's a week-day. Then I wait until the weekend. :)
It's too exciting to get the package in the mail so I want to share them quickly with my friends so they can be excited too! ^__^
I never tell them what I buy so when it arrives it is a surprise for us to see them together.
ladydouji
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by ladydouji »

For me, it's been quite awhile since I updated, mainly because of no scanner, and general laziness of creating the pages for my site(and fixing the ones that are there, but not showing up or linking properly) Hoping to pick up a new scanner after the new year because I've picked quite a few cels, including a dream cel http://www.garrod.org/cels/shuten4.html(one of those pages that aren't showing properly on the site) Debating between fixing my currently gallery or just moving to rubberslug
http://www.garrod.org Main cel gallery
http://ladydouji.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp(doesn't have all the old cels yet, but all new cels are being posted here)