Now is my collection up!

Show off your stuff!
wolfie83

Now is my collection up!

Post by wolfie83 »

Here is my small collection: http://wolfie83.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
I can have wrongs with Genga and Douga, if I have wrong please correct me ^^

Hope you like it and hopefully will more cels come soon :)

Enjoy! :vict
Last edited by wolfie83 on Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
teggacat
Senpai - Elder

Re: Now is my collection up!

Post by teggacat »

I've seen Ginga cels around [and admired them very much] but havent seen the series, but no
matter, I love dogs wolves whatever!! :love: and your Ginga cels look fabulous
and you have a rottweiler pup!!! 8) 8) 8) 8)
[I found your gallery on the RS recent updates page, the link here doesnt work to your RS gallery,
or it didnt for me anyhoo]
90sKid
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by 90sKid »

Absolutely love this shot of Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask:

http://wolfie83.rubberslug.com/gallery/ ... mID=336615

And I adore all your cute animal cels. I'm not familiar with the series but they are very adorable. ^_^
wolfie83

Post by wolfie83 »

teggacat wrote:I've seen Ginga cels around [and admired them very much] but havent seen the series, but no
matter, I love dogs wolves whatever!! :love: and your Ginga cels look fabulous
and you have a rottweiler pup!!! 8) 8) 8) 8)
[I found your gallery on the RS recent updates page, the link here doesnt work to your RS gallery,
or it didnt for me anyhoo]
Oh I did click on image instead or URL ^^; *lol* yes I do, he is like 8 month now ^^
Not related to the topic, but here he is ^^ http://wolfie83.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4c5aoj
Happy you like my cels :)
Like your FMA and Wolfs rain :)

90sKid wrote:Absolutely love this shot of Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask:

http://wolfie83.rubberslug.com/gallery/ ... mID=336615

And I adore all your cute animal cels. I'm not familiar with the series but they are very adorable. ^_^
Thank you, I love that shoot as well, is so them :D
Like yours Mamoru, loved to have more with him ^^
Happy that you like the dog cels ;D
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Good work, Wolfie! Now you can add, refine, organize, and redecorate to your heart's content. Your GNG collection is very attractive, and I see why you like the animation so. It's easy to animate cute dogs, not so easy to have them move on the screen like real dogs. (My main objection to Bluth's "All Dogs Go to Heaven.")

The thumbnail for "Riki cel in episode 22" (Your treasure signed by the mangaka) isn't working. You might need to upload a thumbnail manually.

The Sailor Moon cel looks like a fancel to me. Does it have a sequence number? I know that there are lots of SM fancels out there, some dishonestly sold as production cels. (I'm not a SM collector, but something about the trace lines doesn't look right to me, and if the screen cap doesn't fit, that's a trouble sign also.)

In the banner, the cat in the upper left corner has obviously been watching GNG! It's amusing how the others are humoring him. "Nya, whatever!" Is that your house on the left?

Genga: sequence number written beside the character. Douga: sequence number written in the upper or lower right corner (so the drawing can be photocopied cleanly onto the cel or scanned for digital colorizing). Layout: studio stationary with a place for the episode number and cut number on the top and the studio logo on lower right.

Thanks for joining us and making me aware of a new cluster of anime series.
D123
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by D123 »

Impressive collection! :D though I’m one of the others that hasn’t seen Ginga :sweatdrop
I loved looking at your cels, love seeing any animals you don’t see much artwork around of them :^^:

sensei wrote:The Sailor Moon cel looks like a fancel to me. Does it have a sequence number? I know that there are lots of SM fancels out there, some dishonestly sold as production cels. (I'm not a SM collector, but something about the trace lines doesn't look right to me, and if the screen cap doesn't fit, that's a trouble sign also.)
I agree with sensei I think your Sailor Moon cel is a fancel I’ve seen cels from this scene and the color is off also the brooch is missing
Promethium
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Promethium »

Welcome to the community & love your Ginga cels! Haven't seen the anime but I read the manga waaaay back in the day!

Looking forward to your collection expanding :)
:cheers
Promethium
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Promethium »

BTW, I was checking out a cel forum for Japanese collectors last night and thought I'd mention your gallery was brought up. Basically, a JP collector was asking the JP cel community if anyone had any Ginga cels or if any had survived at all. Another collector posted a link to your gallery in response which was followed by lots of ooo's and ahhh's. lol

They also posted this link from 4 years ago to show some of the other ginga cels that survived and are still out there. (fyi)
http://www.mandarake.co.jp/information/ ... index.html

They were all very impressed with your collection, so thought I'd let you know. :)
wolfie83

Post by wolfie83 »

Thank all again :) Glad you like it ^^ Hopefully will it expand :)
Promethium wrote:BTW, I was checking out a cel forum for Japanese collectors last night and thought I'd mention your gallery was brought up. Basically, a JP collector was asking the JP cel community if anyone had any Ginga cels or if any had survived at all. Another collector posted a link to your gallery in response which was followed by lots of ooo's and ahhh's. lol

They also posted this link from 4 years ago to show some of the other ginga cels that survived and are still out there. (fyi)

They were all very impressed with your collection, so thought I'd let you know. :)
Oh really? Thank you so much for sharing! Really like those with the backgrounds, hmm sad it hard to get those T-T
Feels great that they can see that these cels still are alive after 25 years :)
Is it possible you can pm me with link or post it here, would be nice to see it ^^ No one has done any feedback yet on rubberslug :)

sensei wrote:Good work, Wolfie! Now you can add, refine, organize, and redecorate to your heart's content. Your GNG collection is very attractive, and I see why you like the animation so. It's easy to animate cute dogs, not so easy to have them move on the screen like real dogs. (My main objection to Bluth's "All Dogs Go to Heaven.")

The thumbnail for "Riki cel in episode 22" (Your treasure signed by the mangaka) isn't working. You might need to upload a thumbnail manually.

The Sailor Moon cel looks like a fancel to me. Does it have a sequence number? I know that there are lots of SM fancels out there, some dishonestly sold as production cels. (I'm not a SM collector, but something about the trace lines doesn't look right to me, and if the screen cap doesn't fit, that's a trouble sign also.)

In the banner, the cat in the upper left corner has obviously been watching GNG! It's amusing how the others are humoring him. "Nya, whatever!" Is that your house on the left?

Genga: sequence number written beside the character. Douga: sequence number written in the upper or lower right corner (so the drawing can be photocopied cleanly onto the cel or scanned for digital colorizing). Layout: studio stationary with a place for the episode number and cut number on the top and the studio logo on lower right.

Thanks for joining us and making me aware of a new cluster of anime series.
The banner on my rubberslug is the castle not my home^^ Is like the town signature mark and the mushroom like thingie ^^
Thank you so much for the Genga and Douga explanation.

And about the Sailor Moon cel, really fan made? I didn´t know surch thing existed. But good for pointing out that.

Oh All Dogs Go to Heaven is surch a good movie^^ But the cels is expensive right? Or depends perhaps how much is expensive or not ^^
Promethium
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Promethium »

wolfie83 wrote:Oh really? Thank you so much for sharing! Really like those with the backgrounds, hmm sad it hard to get those T-T
Feels great that they can see that these cels still are alive after 25 years :)
Is it possible you can pm me with link or post it here, would be nice to see it ^^ No one has done any feedback yet on rubberslug :)
Sure, I'll PM you the link. It's all in Japanese tho. :wink:
sensei

Post by sensei »

[quote=wolfie83]And about the Sailor Moon cel, really fan made? I didn´t know such thing existed. But good for pointing out that. [/quote]

I'd need to have a better look at it to be sure. If there's no sequence number, it probably is a fancel, and even if there is one, it could have been added dishonestly by a seller. But there are lots of fancels, especially of Sailor Moon.

A collector quickly learns to watch for "transistor radio + wishbone" [同人] along with "cel" [セル画]in Yahoo Japan auction descriptions. Translation engines often render this "group cel" or "cel coterie" but it means a cel painted by a fan of the series. They can be very nicely done, but as they did not go under the camera to make the series, some people avoid them.
Kasi
Juuyaku - Executive

Post by Kasi »

Great to see your collection on Rubberslug now Wolfie! =D
You've got some pretty incredible cels as always! =)
I'm amazing you've managed to find so much from the John vs Gin sequence. It must be pretty nice to own nearly a whole set like that!
The set-up you have of Cross and Gin is also very nice! I particularity like the original background you got with this.

I think I already mentioned how cool your signed Riki is before, but I also quite admire the cel you have of Fuji too. I once saw some cels of her go for over 30000 yen, pretty crazy! I have to say I think yours is the nicest I've seen though =) Also loving your John, Akame, Kirakazi and Jinaii cels too ^^

Promethium wrote:BTW, I was checking out a cel forum for Japanese collectors last night and thought I'd mention your gallery was brought up. Basically, a JP collector was asking the JP cel community if anyone had any Ginga cels or if any had survived at all. Another collector posted a link to your gallery in response which was followed by lots of ooo's and ahhh's. lol

As another Ginga collector would you mind posting me a link too? =) No worries about it in Japanese of course, I'm rather curious =)
Promethium
Eiyuu - Hero

Post by Promethium »

Kasi wrote:As another Ginga collector would you mind posting me a link too? =) No worries about it in Japanese of course, I'm rather curious =)
Sure thing. I'll PM it to you. :wink: