Controversial items for an update; add or no?

Show off your stuff!

Would you add a potentially controversial item to your gallery?

yes
70%
no
5%
maybe...depends
25%

Total votes: 20

Not Sir Phobos
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by Not Sir Phobos »

Even if it was a swaistika I'd still post it. You didn't design the character, and you obviously don't support the cause. I have a comedy cel of two men in a rather compromising position (and act) on my site and I haven't heard one single peep from other people. Generally speaking, cel gallery patrons are easy going.

Hope this helps
God's in his heaven, All's right with the world
Startyde
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Startyde »

The only logical answer is for Beta to form a council of its top perverts to view the piece in question privately and render their decision through well throughout debate and cookies...
"I actually really liked that game till it caught a blaze ha." - WhiteTrashShayno on Teleroboxer
Remi
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Remi »

That was the show I was thinking of, but sorry if I was a little vague. When I said I'd seen other art from it, I didn't mean settei or genga. I really liked the show so I have been to several sites, and in character shrines or synopsis areas, I have seen pics of him with the patch. As far as I know nobody complained.

If you get any complaints, you could always just put a black bar over the patch close-up. The one on his face you can't see the symbol, so if you just blacked out the close-up with photoshop nobody would have a problem and I don't think it would detract from the artwork.

Personally though, I think you can just put it up with an explanation like others suggested.
Namaste

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. ~Herm Albright
Kujaku
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Kujaku »

Dustie wrote:
It's a norse pagan symbol, representative of stars and heaven. (I haven't seen it used in Buddahism, but then, haven't studied Buddist symbols either :). I know that, but doubt many other people will. I agree with Baakay. I'd maybe put something in the text to explain.
Yep, this is an ancient symbol and was used in many societies. I still feel bad for the fact that this beautiful symbol will always be associated with what the Nazi did.

Kujaku
ladyhipoo

Post by ladyhipoo »

ladyhipoo wrote:I don't really see any problem with it. I looked at the picture and it's does really JUMP out at you. I mean it's not like you plan to use the symbol for you banner or anything like that is it?
/sry I was not completely awake apparently because I meant to say does NOT jump out at you!!! :OMG I can't believe I didn't catch this sooner!!!

Please forgive my stupidity!
Sandra
Hakiri
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by Hakiri »

I don't think there's any problem with posting that up. It's a beautiful settei, and I envy it very much. :) Congrats on the wonderful find!
I meant to say does NOT jump out at you!!!
Don't worry! Everybody makes mistakes! :^^:

It's not denial. I'm just selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin x)
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Well, I guess it would depend on what the item is... =P