Question and poll

Show off your stuff!

How do you feel about music and animated gifs on galleries?

I hate them both, take 'em off!!!
35%
Animated gifs can stay, but music needs to go!
48%
Music's fine, but get rid of the gifs!
No votes
Love 'em both!
No votes
Don't care one way or another.
17%

Total votes: 23

Wolfette
Himajin - Get A Life
Location: Fawning at Bakura's feet *worship* AnimeBeta's resident rabid Shota fangirl :)

Post by Wolfette »

Well, here's a random idea tossed out just for the hell of it. Why not make a section specifically for animated gifs? That way people who want to see them can choose to and those who don't can avoid them? :^^: (This is another reason why I generally will go browse and/or link to a Rubberslug gallery, since there is much less of a chance to be subjected to them.)

For ebay auctions... *groan* do people really (I mean REALLY) think that that will help them sell their goods? 8O Blarg. I say let the merchandise speak for itself. ;)

Sheri

Some fav YouTube fan music videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98qEvSXe5wc - Heroes - Sylar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIDCP5t3y3E Prison Break - Mahone and T-Bag (William Fichtner and Robert Knepper)

World of Warcraft Battletag: Wolfette#1822
Nathan
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator

Post by Nathan »

I'll tell you what - I like the gifs - and don't mind the music (unless it's tinny and tacky) but one thing that gets me is when you are on the computer - late at night - and then get on a site with music - you forget that your speakers are on and loud -and music blasts through and scare the bujeezuz out of you - not to mention wake anyone who is asleep !

GK - I love your site - The Gifs tie every page up well! I like the grave yard site gif! it all works so well! - the only thing that I don't like is
the NFS :wink:
...just one more
marinesniper
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by marinesniper »

Gifs are alright if they are say on the home page(not to many though...don't want to wait forever) or a gif section...but i don't like them anywhere else. As for music, i really don't care for it to much on a cel site...especially if its a annoying little tune. I do like flash effects (mostly) and some DHTML...as long as the webmaster makes it look good...no tacky stuff.
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dream with open eyes, to make it possible."
Kane
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by Kane »

I don't like the music. :mad I don't mind the gifs, but the music is really annoying :evil: , especially when it blasts when the site comes up.
ImageImage
Candyman
Anime Geek

Post by Candyman »

For me I don't really care, it all depends what mood I am in. If the music starts on 1 page and continues to go through onto the next, sometimes I can get annoyed with that, or if I go back to the same page, I don't want to hear the same part over and over... ugh.

If the cels load before the gifs do, I am all for that, but if the gifs load first, it's like dah x 20! and I have to wait forever.

AND YES SITH I hate it when people do that on ebay.

That is why I keep my site nice and simple, because I don't know what kind of connection everyone has, I don't want everyone to wait like 5 mins for 1 cel. X|