Total votes: 27

Ronin
Senpai - Elder

Post by Ronin »

I voted...yes!! As yes they can be annoying!! *kicks computer* X|

Hope everything gets sorted soon!!
aernath
Perv-chan
Location: Half way across the country from where I was last time!

Post by aernath »

Emailed ya, 'cause it's working fine for me. :D

*ping*
noisywalruforgothislogin
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by noisywalruforgothislogin »

Okay, I found out (maybe) what was going on and it's pretty clear that the people responsible for this mess are a little confused, to say the least.

If this doesn't get sorted out in a permanent way in the next 48 hours, I'm driving to Houston and retrieving the server. The current arrangement just isn't working out.
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

Poor poor Jason! What a pain in the neck!! I haven't been able to get onto RS since yesterday, so I didn't try the ping thing. I hope for your sake that the problem gets resolved soon and that you don't have to drive to Houston to thump some server administrator's noggin (though that might prove to be a very nice stress reliever! :D)

In the meantime, I'll just sit here in my chair, waiting, twitching, until you are able to sort everything out on our precious RS..... no hurry.... really... don't worry about me.... I'll be fine.... really...... ;)
Krafty
Custodian of Records

Post by Krafty »

sensei wrote:The crash affects only galleries that begin with the letters "B" and "C."
Thought I was up the creek there! But it's functioning OK now *phew*.
I was surprised to see people vote for the first 'Yes' in the poll as that implies an honest hatred towards computers. If you hate them, you wouldn't have a website or visit these forums.
The second 'Yes' has the humerous connotations, demonstrates a deep-rooted understanding of them and what they mean to our existance/society. Im just gonna stop inhaling from that bong now...
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

(Krafty, you goober!! :))

Just as an interesting/weird side-note, is anyone else who can't see RS also having trouble with Photobucket? I know quite a few people here use Photobucket's hosting, and the same time that some people started saying they couldn't see RS anymore, I lost contact with Photobucket. I noticed it when my sig box quit working, which was about the same time Jason said that he knew RS had gone south. But some of you on another related thread told me you can see my sig even though I can't ..... Is there an "image site black hole" out there somewhere that only curses a few of us unlucky souls??
aernath
Perv-chan
Location: Half way across the country from where I was last time!

Post by aernath »

shellie wrote: Is there an "image site black hole" out there somewhere that only curses a few of us unlucky souls??
It's just for those who voted "yes". :wink:
jcaliff
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by jcaliff »

I wonder if this is related to the problem at AnimeTen.com. Kai posted about it in their livejournal:

http://www.livejournal.com/community/an ... 31438.html
Image Image
Hector the Collector loved these things with all his soul,
Loved them more than shining diamonds, loved them more than glistenin' gold.
Hector called to all the people,"Come and share my treasure trunk!"
And all the silly sightless people came and looked...and called it junk.
zerospace
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by zerospace »

jcaliff wrote:I wonder if this is related to the problem at AnimeTen.com. Kai posted about it in their livejournal:

http://www.livejournal.com/community/an ... 31438.html
I'd be willing to bet it is. :( bummer....
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

:wow:

AAAAAACKKKK! Well that really stinks! (Shell now earns the title "Queen of Understatement" :()

Hey, Jason, if you're reading this, maybe it's not worth a drive to Houston if this larger issue is indeed the problem. I guess there are noggins further up the chain that need to be thumped!!
noisywalruforgothislogin
Otaku - Fanatic

Anime News Network also appears to have been down for the last two days. Anyone wanna place a bet who will get their server working first?

I'm actively working on the problem. RS and related projects are my main priority until at least November. I really wanted to be working on the site right now (and for the past week) but now that I finally get some down time from real work, this crap happens.

:stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid:
birdie
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by birdie »

noisywalruforgothislogin wrote:Anime News Network also appears to have been down for the last two days.
It too has been working fine for me. :?
noisywalruforgothislogin wrote:Anyone wanna place a bet who will get their server working first?
I'll take the sure thing and bet on you Jason. :yourock:
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

Hey!!! No noggin thumping is necessary! RS is back! :yay And Photobucket and everything else that was inaccessible to me yesterday. Hooooooraaaaaay!! Did that put everything back to rights for you behind the scenes, Jason? Looks okay from the outside looking in anyway. :)
noisywalruforgothislogin
Otaku - Fanatic

Everything may be working again, including pages that were sporadically inaccessible before (image uploading, new user accounts, etc).

Please let me know if this is not the case on the rs forums. Thx and apologies for the downtime.