To post or not to post?

Show off your stuff!

Should I post the seller's pictures?

Yes, we want to see!!
33%
No, don't demean your cels with unworthy pics.
No votes
Yes, but start saving for a digicam, girl.
54%
No, 'cuz we ain't gonna look at ST anyway. :P
No votes
What's St. Tail? Is it edible?
13%

Total votes: 24

klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

To post or not to post?

Post by klet »

So, I got my SMJ shipment today. The problem is, I never realized how HUUUUGE my new St. Tail cels were. I have no digital camera, so that's out of the question.

I have the seller's pictures that he posted on YJ, but the problem is that they are horrible pics. Basically, the cels were leaned up against the wall in their cel bags. Seriously, you can see how they bend. *shudder*

So my question is, should I post the pics just to share with everybody? Hardly anyone looks at my ST cels, so I'm wondering if I should even bother. I am planning on buying a digital cam sometime in the uncertain future, so I suppose I could wait. Any suggestions?
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

I think bad pictures are better than no pictures, but that's just one person's opinion. :)
Ronin
Senpai - Elder

Post by Ronin »

Of course Klet!! I wanna see!! :) But start saving those pennies for a digital cam!! 8)
Ronin
Senpai - Elder

Post by Ronin »

Great update by the way!! Your Escaflowne descriptions are well detailed!!! Awesome! :):)
kymaera
Heroine Addict

Post by kymaera »

You can scan the cels in sections, then join them. It's a bit of work to get
them right, but looks much better than a camera picture in the end.
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

But kymaera, did I mention how lazy I am? :P

Meh, maybe it's time to actually take advantage of those free photoshop workshops I've been telling all the freshmen parents about at work.
Krafty
Custodian of Records

Post by Krafty »

kymaera wrote:You can scan the cels in sections, then join them. It looks much better than a camera picture in the end.
I'm for this method, even if you say that you're lazy Klet, it's WELL worth doing.
To get a perfec looking image, a 6-scan join-job might take 30mins. Just 30mins for a lifetime's satisfaction looking at a great image and knowing that you did a sterling job! ;)
aernath
Perv-chan
Location: Half way across the country from where I was last time!

Post by aernath »

klet wrote:Meh, maybe it's time to actually take advantage of those free photoshop workshops I've been telling all the freshmen parents about at work.
Um.
Duh?
:P
Or, got friends with digicams? :wink:
You could send them to me, then I'll take pictures and scan them... then send them back to you!
Yeah... yeah, that's it. :P
shellie
Gundam Geek

Post by shellie »

Post whatever you've got for now. We wanna see!!

And you get FREE photoshop classes??? I just paid $120 to take one at the local college next week. (but I'm really looking forward to it!)
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

I go with the digicam people. Some of my barn-sized backgrounds would not have been scannable in any way or shape, so propping them up securely and then using the digital camera was the only solution. Just get the cat and dog out of the room first. And take several shots, because inevitably the first will be at an angle and distort all the parallel lines.

But, sure, show 'em. (I once read a St. Tail manga! Cute, but I actually was more fond of the extra story about the morning glory who wanted to become human so she could wrap herself around the hot guy who sold ice cream. Nice variant on "Little Mermaid." And I'd love to know more about Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, where the ordinary schoolgirl turns into Joan of Arc turned Master Criminal. Nice character design.)
kittens
Koneko no kenshi

Post by kittens »

Keropi wrote:I think bad pictures are better than no pictures, but that's just one person's opinion. :)
I totally agree :) I wanna see it :)
Cats rule!
kymaera
Heroine Addict

Post by kymaera »

klet wrote:But kymaera, did I mention how lazy I am? :P
I'd argue that I'm lazier, but that would take too much energy.
Baakay
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Baakay »

You scan them in sections, see? Then, you go glomp the living heck out of Kymaera so that he will send you the info on how to get a copy of Photostich. Approximately 20 seconds later, you join the sections into a nicely stitched whole.

Seriously. Take a gander at Aernath's lengthwise "Ichigo, PLEASE pin me up against the wall!" shot. That's how it got put together ;)

And I LOVE St. Tail, so I'll happily look at anything from it! :-)
"The permanent temptation of life is to confuse dreams with reality. The permanent defeat of life comes when dreams are surrendered to reality."
James A. Michener, The Drifters
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by klet »

Thanks for the input guys. :ghug: Looks like they're going to be taken care of in the next couple weeks. *glomps kymaera*

But don't worry, I've got plenty of regular sized cels to tide y'all over. I just need to find the time to scan them. X|

I'm still planning on buying a digicam eventually--which leads to my next question: is digicam a word that English speakers use? It's actually the Japanese word for digital camera, and I've never heard it used before I started taking Japanese. Has anyone else heard it before?