Yes.
88%
No!
12%

Total votes: 25

transmet
Senpai - Elder

Post by transmet »

You should go with whatever makes you feel comfortable kittens.
After all, this is a site based on your personal qualifications.

Perhaps you might want to go with more of a standard headshot on the front page. That way we can see your eyes better rather than having them shaded by your hat's rim. You could then have a link to a pics page that shows you (and whomever) in a more casual light.

Either way, congrats on your new page and once again on your new job. :)
kittens
Koneko no kenshi

Post by kittens »

Baakay wrote:
The only thing that would possibly be better would be one of those shots of you slicing and dicing with your sword... but that might be a little intimidating to prospective students! :rollin
Well... I was thinking about it :P :P But yeah I do not want to scare students :P :P
I couldn't look at it for too long though, I started to read the names of your papers and they made me dizzy
Heeheehee Lynxa, you are not only one :P :P My hubby is tired of hearing from me :P
Very nice! I agree with everyone else. It's a Real Person's site, not some full-face-frontal corporate-uniform-wearing academic clone's site. Your hubby done good!
Thanks! hobbywhelmed :) :) My hubby will be out of job for a while so this is the first assignment :P :P

That is the only issue I had with the photo. Other than that, keep it on!
monkeyboy, Thanks :) Vapalla told me the same thing! LOL
Yes, there is a shadow across your face, but it doesn't hide your pretty eyes. I think it looks fine. And on a teeny tiny proof-reading note, I think in the very first sentence you mean "Ruriko IS an assistant prof"... just need one little "is" instead of "ia". You're on your own for all the math gibberish that follows! I stop proofing at "is"!
Awwwwwwwwww.... shellie /kis Thanks :D :D
I think the picture looks great too. Where were you when it was taken? It kind of looks like you were enjoying the park or camping. It must be the rocks in the background. The photograph has a very playful feel to it.
I took this picture in Yosemite, CA :D :D
But ... Ruriko Yoshida ia ...? Watch those pesky typos.
LOL :rollin I told my hubby and he said he is still happy about the site ;)
Like everyone else has said, you look adorable!

You look very cute and fun. Nice smile too. If I didn't already know you from Beta,
I'd guess that you had a very lively personality based on this picture.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww.... you are such a sweetie, wELCOME cONSUMER /kis Thank you!!!
You should go with whatever makes you feel comfortable kittens.
After all, this is a site based on your personal qualifications.
transmet, I tried to convince my hubby for cats' picture and I got denied X| X|

Thank you for nice words everyone /kis /kis2
Cats rule!
CamDawg
Anime Geek

Post by CamDawg »

21-3 at this point... I'd say I'm winning. :P I don't mind replacing the picture, but so far kittens has only suggested pictures of the cats there instead.

For the typos and general brokenness of the site: this was something I threw together in about an hour yesterday. I didn't realize she was going to post it here--as a poll, no less. :)
The Gibberlings Three - Home of quality mods for Infinity Engine games--the Baldur's Gate series and Icewind Dale series.
Krafty
Custodian of Records

Post by Krafty »

monkeyboy wrote:
Okuni wrote:The only bad thing about your pic is..your eyes are in shadow
Nah, the shadow adds mystery, it's a positive factor. It hints at your true nature as a deadly martial arts master! Don't mess with THE MATHMATICIAN!
j/k
kittens
Koneko no kenshi

Post by kittens »

Krafty wrote:
monkeyboy wrote:
Okuni wrote:The only bad thing about your pic is..your eyes are in shadow
Nah, the shadow adds mystery, it's a positive factor. It hints at your true nature as a deadly martial arts master! Don't mess with THE MATHMATICIAN!
j/k
YEAH! You are right! I do not need soft and cute image!!! Mhawhahaha!!! :dsmoke
Cats rule!
blueheaven
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by blueheaven »

Aww, you look great! Very nice picture. I read "Saturation points on faces of a rational polyhedral cone," and I must say it is a great read. I got half way before I realized that I know nothing about this stuff and my brains began to leak out of my nose.
Time is but an illusion. Lunch time...doubly so.
Olivier
Kamisama - God

Post by Olivier »

As a scientist I thought:
oh my god I must be sick, I was almost more interested about the research statement than about the cute girl on the picture :D
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Heehee, it's a fine pic!! Nothing wrong with it!! And WOW to that page! I never knew you were a scientist; reading that page reminded me of my sister and her Ph.D. dissertation statement. heh Pretty dang cool!!!!
kittens
Koneko no kenshi

Post by kittens »

blueheaven wrote:Aww, you look great! Very nice picture. I read "Saturation points on faces of a rational polyhedral cone," and I must say it is a great read. I got half way before I realized that I know nothing about this stuff and my brains began to leak out of my nose.
LOL :rollin I can explain to you if you would like ;)
Olivier wrote:oh my god I must be sick, I was almost more interested about the research statement than about the cute girl on the picture
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww..... Thanks :) (Am I the cute girl?????)
Rekka Alexiel wrote:Heehee, it's a fine pic!! Nothing wrong with it!! And WOW to that page! I never knew you were a scientist; reading that page reminded me of my sister and her Ph.D. dissertation statement. heh Pretty dang cool!!!!
My hubby did great job!!!

Yeah I am a mathematician at statistics department :) :)
Cats rule!