Tutu Deux! ... and now Saiyuki Too!

Show off your stuff!
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Tutu Deux! ... and now Saiyuki Too!

Post by sensei »

Finally finished and open for business again, Sensei's Anime Gallery now features yet another gallery for your viewing pleasure:
  • A Tree of Palme, devoted to cels from this major film by Takashi Nakamura. Don't miss the cel of Palme and Koram from the "signature" scene at the film's beginning.
In response to many requests, the gallery now has a Snack Bar and two new unisex rest rooms.

Also up this time:

From CCS: From Tenshi ni Narumon: Tutu? Tutu? Did someone mention Tutu? Plus two more douga animations: Both courtesy of:
Someday I'm gonna start charging Sensei....

. . . and . . . finally . . .

The Revenge of the Fifty-Foot Acetate Woman!
[From CCS Episode 54:]

Fujitaka: Can’t you ever forgive me for seducing your 16-year-old granddaughter?!

Masako: No way, you lech! I would never ever forgive you for what you’ve done, not even if she were to come back from the realms of the dead as a fifty-foot acetate woman with pink wings and kick me right in the balls!

Red-fringed flower petals suddenly start blowing everywhere.

http://sensei.rubberslug.com/gallery/in ... mID=166579

Masako: /swt . . . . . . .

Fujitaka: That wasn’t a very angelic thing to do, Nadeshiko-san!

Nadeshiko: :dgrin ]

Enjoy your visit ...
Last edited by sensei on Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
purple-plum
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by purple-plum »

I already told you...but congratulations!!! I love the sakura from the dream episode and the tnn op cel. Although the nadeshiko is mighty purdy too

~kt :jump
Baakay
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Baakay »

Wow! 8O

WOW!! 8O

There's not a clinker in the bunch here. I absolutely love the Jeanne-falls-in-trap sequence. There's something really mesmerizing about the detail in her design.

I definitely am moving Tree of Palme up on the to-watch list. I was fascinated by Fantastic Children (notice the useless alliteration in this sentence) but this movie looks even more compelling.

Three or four cheers!
"The permanent temptation of life is to confuse dreams with reality. The permanent defeat of life comes when dreams are surrendered to reality."
James A. Michener, The Drifters
kittens
Koneko no kenshi

Post by kittens »

Nice update!!! :wave: :yay Congrats!!!
Cats rule!
klet
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Re: Tutu Deux!

Post by klet »

sensei wrote:The Revenge of the Fifty-Foot Acetate Woman!
I'm still snickering at this. :dgrin

Lovely update, sensei! Like I said before, I'm a big fan of the mini-hanken.

Vampy sure did an excellent job animating those douga. 8O Wonderful! It really makes the Kaitou Jeanne that much more enjoyable!
kymaera
Heroine Addict

Post by kymaera »

Great update...though, don't expect much business from me at your snack
bar. That's even worse than a movie theatre!
wELCOME cONSUMER
Taiyo - Sun Fearer

Post by wELCOME cONSUMER »

I love those animated sketches! SO cool!! :love:

Especially the one of Son Goku.

Congrats on all the wonderful updates.

The Tutu backgrounds are amazing

/lv
"Devoted to all things lovely to consume"
| Amazon | eBay | rubberslug | facebook |
sensei

Post by sensei »

Thanks to all who visited. And an extra treat for you! (Read to the end)
Baakay wrote:I absolutely love the Jeanne-falls-in-trap sequence. There's something really mesmerizing about the detail in her design.
Thanks to you and to klet and wELCOME cONSUMER for the compliments, and full credit to vampyreshoujo. I really appreciate her work in making these douga sets fully available. She even pasted in the douga that changed the shadows/highlights on Jeanne's amazing magical girl costume when the spotlight hits her.
Baakay wrote:I definitely am moving Tree of Palme up on the to-watch list.
Yes, based on the cels and on Vapalla's report, I'm definitely seeing this as a must-watch. The reviews are seriously mixed, mainly because it's a long movie (like Princess Mononoke, two hours plus). Evidently it was conceived as a TV series or OAV, then compressed into a movie. But from what I've seen, it's inventive storytelling (Palme is certainly no Pinocchio, and Popo's affection for him is the more gutsy and moving.)
kymaera wrote:don't expect much business from me at your snack
bar. That's even worse than a movie theatre!
You'll note that I didn't say "nice" Inuyasha (CCS, MKR, TnN etc.) cel. Buttshots and fancels will get you a deluxe platter just as quickly as A1 ENDs. And that's what deluxe platters cost in nice museum snack bars these days! Those digital counter people and chefs have to be paid, not to mention added water, fuel, and garbage costs for the gallery. (And someone left the water running in one of the new johns last night...)

Nah, the food is good. C'mon down and try the Chicken Cosmo!
wELCOME cONSUMER wrote:The Tutu backgrounds are amazing
Thank you! They weren't cheap, but they went more reasonably than some (I've seen some bg auctions go up into the 200,000 yen range ... and sketches ... ferget it!). I'm locating a bunch of them in the episodes on DVD v. 4, so I'll be updating the descriptions soon.

And for all those who looked at Tutu Deux ... now there's Saiyuki Too!

Thanks to an early arrival of a package from Anime Museum, you can see some very impressive gengas of some hot sweaty guys and demons as well.

Enjoy!
monkeyboy
Shikaisha - Moderator
Shikaisha - Moderator
Location: Heading for the 90's...Living in the wild wild West...

Post by monkeyboy »

Congratulations on all the new cels and sketches sensei! /no1

Personally I'm very impressed with the new Saiyuki sketches.
The rough sketch for "Sanzo Stagger: A1, WOW! What a fine piece of artwork! :jaw
vampyreshoujo
Chiteijin - Cave Dweller

Post by vampyreshoujo »

I'm super late to this... sorry... X|

Wonderful update, sensei, but you already know I think that. :wink:
You find such great items and include such interesting/funny commentary that your updates are always a real treat to look foward to. :friends:

Thanks for the comments on the animations, everyone! :D I'm really glad you enjoy them, and I had a lot of fun putting them together. In fact, I think I got the easy part! Poor sensei was the one who got stuck doing all the scanning. (Over 40 sketches for the Saiyuki animation alone - yowzers and ick!!)

Thanks so much for the wonderful "vampyworx" banner too, sensei! :rollin :friends:
Baakay
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Baakay »

Can we say "O Wow" again??!! Sure we can!

O Wow!!

Son Goku Has Lunch is just fabulous. What a wonderful job of re-animation!!

:vict
hobbywhelmed
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by hobbywhelmed »

Just checked out the update - very nice! The special art piece copy of Cub was exquisite!

I noticed the rates in the snack bar - so I take it there's no charge to use the unisex bathrooms?
crackpot27
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!
Location: My GPS is telling me to turn and there is no road...

Post by crackpot27 »

Congrats on the new additions :jump The shot of Goku is just a perfect representation of his personality, he lives to eat :hitting:
sensei

Post by sensei »

Golly ... nearly a week since the update and reactions keep coming ... 8O :D 8O

Thank you everyone, for your comments, and especially thanks to Vamppy. I've got a quick new scanner so banging out the 41 dougas wasn't difficult ... but getting them in registry and timing them so they'd be close to the instructions on the timing sheet ... that took time and dedication. And while the Son Goku gengas showed a lot of personality and action, there were parts of the cut that I didn't really understand until I'd seen the reanimation.
The special art piece copy of Cub
Am I missing something? I didn't get what this was referring to. Sensei scratches his scaly back with his hind claws and feels more like a dinosaur than usual.
I noticed the rates in the snack bar - so I take it there's no charge to use the unisex bathrooms?
Nope. The hidden security camera footage generates enough income to pay for the expenses of cleaning, toilet paper, lotion, etc.

Next time: More Palme cels, Hyper Police (plastic and paper), MKR (just paper) and yet another new gallery!
RoboFlonne
Uguu...!

Post by RoboFlonne »

That's really a great set to have the timing sheet!

It's really hard to figure them out, without that!