Update: The Middle (CCS, X/1999)

Show off your stuff!
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Update: The Middle (CCS, X/1999)

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Before I head off to AX, I thought I'd update with some of the swag that I've been hoarding for the past few months. I still have A TON more things to upload (approximately 70 more items *sigh*), but this is what I've finished so far!

Crest of the Stars - 2 cels
RG Veda - 1 cel, 1 sketch*
CCS - 2 cels
X/1999 - 3 cels

*Sensei was amazing enough to sell me the matching sketch to my Yasha cel, which he picked up in his RG Veda bundle. :) :) :)

Anyone attending AX will get to see the majority of my new goodies before they hit my website. But for those of you who cannot attend, here is a small preview of what is to come:

Hunter x Hunter OP
Magic Knight Rayearth
Miyuki-chan in Wonderland

EDIT: Just added 4 more cels!!!!
Last edited by ReiTheJelly on Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
crackpot27
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!
Location: My GPS is telling me to turn and there is no road...

Post by crackpot27 »

:jaw Wow, that is a beautiful shot of Lady Kendappa! Can't wait to see the other updates :jump
purple-plum
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by purple-plum »

I saw that rayearth cel on yj -_- one of my favorite auctioneers!! congrats

~kt
kira
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by kira »

like the sakura in her cheerleader outfit. plus the rg vega cel is nice too.
Krafty
Custodian of Records

Post by Krafty »

Great new stuff on display and more on the way; you are treating us!
It's good to see more RG Veda artwork because it's rarely shown in cel galleries- I guess there are very few cels floating around.

Enjoy AX and don't forget to update us on your latest purchases.
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Thanks for the good words on passing on your douga. Cels and sketches like to be together, and I hate it when they are deliberately separated and sold separately.

Your Sakura cheerleader cel is very handsome. I'm guessing it's from Ep. 30, where she goes with the rest of the cheerleaders to cheer on the girl who'd befriended The Dash and so had become a star sprinter herself. But then Syaoran captures the card, and the girl has to run without steroids. This has got some tense moments, particularly when Sakura confronts Syaoran under the grandstand. And my TV animation book shows her (not in this pose) with the gloves on.

It does look a bit as if she's casting magic ... but I don't think she is. She gets very scary when she's genuinely mad and has her Cards at hand. A shame about the fading, but those red/orange/brown paint tints in the Madhouse palette seem to be death on trace lines at best.

I don't know anything about Seikai Series but your Baron and his French Maid are handsomely designed and painted. Love those "I've got an agenda for what I do" bad French maid eyes!

And your Rg Veda cel is a great addition to one of the few collections of this series. I wish they were a little more common: the eyes on all of your cels are amazing.

Have fun at AnimeExpo and come back filled with scanning determination and even more goodies!
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Thanks everybody! I'll try my hardest to upload everything rather quickly once AX has passed. But it'll take me a bit to get ALL my new pieces scanned in! But I promise they'll be worth the wait! :^^: :^^: :^^:
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

4 new cels (CCS & X/1999)

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Hi again! I had some spare time today, so I scanned in FOUR more new cels -- all oversized!

This fantastic over-sized cel of The Flower, from Cardcaptor Sakura.

An absolutely stunning cel of Kanoe from the X/1999 movie.

Another great pan cel, featuring Kanoe and Kotori! (slight spoilers in description)

And last, but not least...the SINGLE BEST cel of Sorata and Arashi that I have ever laid eyes on!

ENJOY! The rest of my update *does* require a scanner much larger than mine, so I'll have to go to Kinko's (or some such place) when I return from Anime Expo!
frozentime
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by frozentime »

Wow, great update! I can't wait to see that Arashi cel in person, so I hope it doesn't have same problem fitting into your cel book as the Kanoe cel does. ^_^;
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

frozentime wrote:Wow, great update! I can't wait to see that Arashi cel in person, so I hope it doesn't have same problem fitting into your cel book as the Kanoe cel does. ^_^;
Thanks! And yes, the new Sorata/Arashi cel is coming to AX with me. :^^: I was actually rather bummed that the Kanoe/Kotori cel was so big - I really wanted to take it to AX as well...but alas, no such luck. :l
Krafty
Custodian of Records

Post by Krafty »

4 more special ones to show us then!
The Kanoe and Kotori cel was te last one I clicked on and it's my fave- the black cel BG makes the subtlty of the highlights stand out perfectly.
A a nice wide one too, I imagine it needed to be so that the flowing hair could be animated fluidly.