Shadows on White Gallery Updates

Show off your stuff!
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Shadows on White Gallery Updates

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

I just went to Mandarake after about a month or two away and I had to pick up a few things. I just added a couple cels from Maze, Samurai Troopers, Twin Signal, and the Ah! My Goddess movie (I think). If anyone can ID these cels more precisely than I can right now, I'd be very thankful!! Thanks!

EDIT: Resurrecting this thread rather than creating a new one. New post to follow at the bottom! :bounce
Last edited by Rekka Alexiel on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
kira
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by kira »

very nice update.

like the new ryo. tis the eyes.
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

HEATHER! You're alive!!!!!! :D And your AMG is indeed a cel of Keiichi from the AMG movie. :)
Sugarflower
Senpai - Elder

Post by Sugarflower »

Hi Rekka! Glad you're back and with some very nice additions. :) I absolutely love your Samurai Troopers collection! It was one of the first dubbed anime series I ever watched and also helped hook me on anime.

I wanted to let you know that your cel marked 'Ghost Sweeper Mikami' is not from that series. It's actually from the series "Elf Princess Rane" and his name is "Go'.
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

ReiTheJelly wrote:HEATHER! You're alive!!!!!! :D
Yeah, sorry!!! Even though I've had Internet in the apartment for a while now... I dunno, my anime cel collecting interest has really... gone bye-bye, as my kids would say. ^^; It's really horrible to say that I find more interest in -GASP- shopping for clothes and other goodies of that sort than anime related stuffs. Kinda scary!! But I'm still around!! Sorry I haven't written in FOREVER!! How was your trip? You went to....New Zealand....right? ^^;;; And thanks for the post card!! You're WAY too good about writing! ^^;; I'm really, really, really bad about that. ^^;; Sorry!!!!! Anyway, hope you had a good time!! And weren't too depressed when you went home! ^_~
And your AMG is indeed a cel of Keiichi from the AMG movie. :)
Oh cool! That's who I was thinking of...but totally couldn't think of the name!! heehee Thanks!
Sugarflower wrote:Hi Rekka! Glad you're back and with some very nice additions. :) I absolutely love your Samurai Troopers collection! It was one of the first dubbed anime series I ever watched and also helped hook me on anime.
Haha, I know! YST was one of my first that really hooked me too. Loved it ever since. Now it's really, really nostalgic. =) I'll always love Ryo no matter who else may come after him... heh And they do come and go!!
I wanted to let you know that your cel marked 'Ghost Sweeper Mikami' is not from that series. It's actually from the series "Elf Princess Rane" and his name is "Go'.
Oh really? Ok! I didn't have a clue who it was until somebody ID'ed it for me. Maybe it was wrong. heehee Thanks much!! I'll update with all that info soon!! YAY!
tex-chan
Bish Mistress

Post by tex-chan »

Wonderful updates, as always! I love the new Ryo cel, and the Message cel you have up in the Misc. section is very beautiful, too. I really enjoyed looking at all the other new "Misc." cels, too, although I'm not familiar with most of the shows. Still, it's wonderful to browse your gallery. Your collection just gets better and better, which makes stopping by for a look-see a very fun treat!

Congrats on your new additions!!
This post brought to you by The Power of Plastik.

Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Tex! Hey how are ya? I've been so bad about coming here to check up on all of you!! Sorry! And thanks for looking!! *glomp*
Rekka Alexiel

Re: Shadows on White Gallery Updates

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Hey, everyone. I don't even remember when the last time I've posted any update notices here, but I have a couple new things in the gallery now, many are in the MISC section:

Yakumo Tatsu
Ordian
Record of Lodoss War
El-Hazard
Onikirimaru

And in separate sections for:

Takegami
B't X
Gulkeeva
Samurai Troopers
Dragoon
Weiss Kreuz
and of course... UNKNOWNS! If you know any of the cels in there, please let me know!! :D

Also, I was majorly bored the other day and um, made a bunch of videos of me flipping through my cel books... Really lame commentary, but if anyone might be interested, you can find them on my YouTube channel. Here's the first one:

http://youtu.be/p2Iafk0jTO0 <---my cat Misa also makes a cameo appearance from time to time.

Lastly, I have a whole sequence from Dragoon yet to upload sometime. There are just so many images to upload, I'm kinda dreading it. lol At least the worst of it is over, taking & editing the photos...
tex-chan
Bish Mistress

Post by tex-chan »

I saw your newest updates last night while browsing RS. Great new additions!! I loved your video commentary, too. What a fun idea!

Congrats on your newest additions to the gallery!!
Yupa
Kamisama - God

Post by Yupa »

I also love those videos of your cel collection, great idea! You surely got some high quality cels, I especially find those new Gulkeeva cels amazing. :)
Melle
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by Melle »

Loved watching the videos! GORGEOUS colection!
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

tex-chan wrote:I saw your newest updates last night while browsing RS. Great new additions!! Congrats on your newest additions to the gallery!!
Thanks! It felt really great making that slightly large update. Things haven't exactly been busy for me in this hobby for a long time...but I do still get the bug from time to time. Especially this past weekend, I went with a co-worker friend to Nakano Broadway for several hours. That.was.fun.! Never actually went cel shopping with a fellow cel collector before. Or even someone slightly interested in the hobby. XD
Yupa wrote:You surely got some high quality cels, I especially find those new Gulkeeva cels amazing. :)
Thank you! :) Yeah, those are probably the only decent shots in that entire episode of Gulkeeva. It's a really kinda pointless episode. ^^;
Melle wrote:GORGEOUS colection!
Serious? 8O Thanks! :cheers
tex-chan wrote:I loved your video commentary, too. What a fun idea!
Yupa wrote:I also love those videos of your cel collection, great idea!
Melle wrote:Loved watching the videos!
haha You guys liked the video idea?! Wow! I sound like SUCH a dork in them!! :x I made so many mistakes with names...couldn't even remember half of them...and then I even got some info WRONG. lol At the very least, I hope you were somewhat entertained. By my cat. :bow
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Hi, everybody. I'm currently in the process of scanning in a bunch of new artwork by Kobayashi Tomomi. They are fukusei gengas, reproductions, but I am a huge fan of hers, so I don't mind! I know I have a lithograph of one my most favorite illustrations of hers around here somewhere, too...

I've only got 3 images prepared for RS right now. I'll be updating more later. :)
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Hey guys, just made an update. Anyone who knows me at all, you will know how much of a horrible memory I have. Out of sight, out of mind definitely applies to me. Anyway, I came across a bag of goodies that I had set nicely away that I forgot to add to the gallery...so here's the break down of what's been added:

Gulkeeva (4)
--A couple really nice shots that I totally forgot I had found. Quite happy to add them!! The one cel of the girl has multiple layers and it has HORRIBLE dusting or something on every layer. You can really tell with the scans. Does anyone know a safe way to remove that dust, if the layers are not stuck?

Samurai Troopers OVA2 (2)
--For the life of me, I thought I had two cels from the same sequence, but could never find the matching sequence mate in my house...so I thought I was dreaming. Low and behold, I found it. heh Added a really nice shot of Ryo in the Kikoutei armor while fighting Mukara and...a kinda funny shot of Touma talking into a tire. Really, it looks like he's holding it like an ancient cell phone. haha

Dragoon (1)
--Another nice cel I completely forgot about. Multiple layers of 3 characters with matching background.

Nightwalker (1)
--I'm sorry, I'm not going to remember who's site featured this character, but I was really excited to find a cel of the Angel Breed after seeing that wonderful artwork and fanart of the character. Really quite mad Shido killed him... :p

Togainu no Chi Settei
--12 pages of character settei. They're all copies.

Unknown (1)
--I've got 3 cels in this section now. If anyone recognizes who they are and what show they come from, please let me know!! :D

Yotoden (1)
--Nice crying shot of Ayame. Not sure if it's from the OVA or Movie, though. If you can ID it for me further, I'd really appreciate it! :)

That's all for now, guys! Thanks for looking!
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Hello, everybody. I haven't posted anything about my gallery updates here in a long time, so let me briefly fill you in on what all's been new!! :P This is a list of titles that I have added since my last post here with some that I have yet to post in the coming days, so stay tuned! :D

There are a couple series that I used to collect years ago and unfortunately sold at some point along the way. These revisited series include:

Bakuretsu Hunters / Sorcerer Hunters
Elementalors
Generator Gawl
Magic Knights Rayearth
Psychic Force

New series titles that I've always wanted to collect but never got around it it include:

Blue Seed
Honey & Clover
Toumaki Shinden Oni

And other random additions:

Flame of Rekka
Gulliver Boy
Unknowns

** If anyone can help ID any of the cels in the Unknown category, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!! **

I also was able to get a set of original layouts from Takegami and will be uploading those soon!! <3

EDIT:

Ah, I forgot to post this, too. It's not cel related, but I had been dying to pick one of these up ever since I saw it on display not far from Akihabara Station. My goal at some point will be getting them all, but as of now, I just have the two versions of Ryo, Rekka & Kikoute armors. These things are easy and yet a total pain to put together. The pieces all fit nicely it's just the directions are horrible and don't tell you which way or in which order to place each piece. They just show you a completed image of like five different steps put together. XD I remember I had a HECK of a time putting Rekka's armor together. *sigh* This one wasn't as bad but it still took me a long time... heh At the end, I started playing around with the extra Ryo heads....haha

Image Image

Image Image