Shadows on White Gallery Updates

Show off your stuff!
BuraddoRun
Kamisama - God

Re: Shadows on White Gallery Updates

Post by BuraddoRun »

I'm so sorry your day was as bad as it was. It's understandable that you hurt, and that you needed to cry, and to talk about with someone. From other posts of yours I know that you get lonely sometimes even on good days, being that you're a foreigner in Japan and are somewhat shy at times.

Don't worry about the auctions too much. You'll see better ones in the future, and may even be able to get the cels you missed this time around at some point in the future. It's happened to all of us. Actually, I was lazy and missed out on one myself this morning that I wanted, but it's OK. For something as unique an animation artwork is, it's surprising just how large our collections actually get. I mean, really, as weird as it is to say, aren't we blessed to get our hands on as much as this stuff as we do? You already have an awesome collection, and it will get even more awesome as time goes on, so don't sweat the occasional missed opportunity.

Eh, smelly people happen. Personally, I hate stink. I really, really do. I find it hilarious that part of my attraction to a woman is how nice she smells, or at least the lack of stench that comes from her. LOL! I work with the general public and pretty much deal when an entire city's citizens (not a small city, either), and so speak to and encounter all sorts of different folks. I can't stand it when the stinky ones (and lots of them are) wanna come right up to my face and talk to me, so that I can feel their breath. Oh I hate that so much! But seriously, I had a situation that would creep out most guys, that I was OK with. An old lady wearing lots of makeup walked up to me when I stepped out of a van, called me "sweetie" and "honey" and stuff like that, and got in close. She put her hands on my shoulders and spoke close into my ear. She wasn't attractive by any means, and her actions were very strange, but I was OK, simply because she smelled nice. I wasn't uncomfortable at all, actually, because I liked her perfume. LOL! Anyway, hopefully next time you'll sit by a pleasant smeller.

I don't have any advice or anything for your...uh...periodic woes. I do have an employee who faked pains of her own to get a day off last week, though. Don't forget to get your meds when you go back to the school Thurs!

I'm really, really sorry that your assignment will be ending in July. But you obviously have loved this assignment for as long as you've had it, and it's not over yet. It's difficult I know, but try your best to enjoy the remaining months, and make the most of it. Express to your friends that you've made there how you'd like to stay in contact with them even after you leave. Tell your students how proud you are of them and keep encouraging them daily. You have opportunities to be BIG influences in these young people's lives, and that's a very awe-inspiring place to be, seriously. You can and do make a difference, so just keep doing it no matter how short or long that period of time is. Help out with the English Village thing, and have fun with it! You're an aspiring writer and artist, right? Be creative, and don't be shy about it!

As for your crush, well, why not go for it? Be creative with that, too. Think of a cute (guys like cute) way to show interest. Do you talk to him much? Do you know things he's into? You can always try to set up a group activity to see what he's like in an outside-of-work setting. But make sure your mind and heart are in the right place, first. That is to say, don't go in thinking, "if this fails, then I'll be super-depressed." Maybe give yourself a little bit of time to digest today's events, and when you're ready, get back in the battle. And be realistic. He may like you, and he may not. If he doesn't, it's OK. It doesn't mean you're an unworthy person. It simply means he doesn't like you. It happens, and it's OK.

And always remember that you never know what twists may come in life. You may find another job that you never expected to get that is even more awesome than this one. Things may change and you get to stay right where you are. Who knows? But a job ending doesn't equal a life ending. Keep hope for good things, and don't give up when you're given bad things.

I hope you have a better day tomorrow, and I'll be praying for you.
"Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." -Isaiah 1:18
Rekka Alexiel
Demon Seraph of Flames - Admin

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Thanks so much for your encouraging post! I'm sorry it's taken me this long to get back to you!! I'll have some interesting updates for you, anyway! xP
BuraddoRun wrote:Don't worry about the auctions too much. You'll see better ones in the future, and may even be able to get the cels you missed this time around at some point in the future. It's happened to all of us. Actually, I was lazy and missed out on one myself this morning that I wanted, but it's OK. For something as unique an animation artwork is, it's surprising just how large our collections actually get. I mean, really, as weird as it is to say, aren't we blessed to get our hands on as much as this stuff as we do? You already have an awesome collection, and it will get even more awesome as time goes on, so don't sweat the occasional missed opportunity.
Oh definitely. I've missed out on many beauties along the way; it's just this specific one was pretty painful. But....I might be able to nab it after all, it seems...!!
I'm really, really sorry that your assignment will be ending in July. But you obviously have loved this assignment for as long as you've had it, and it's not over yet. It's difficult I know, but try your best to enjoy the remaining months, and make the most of it. Express to your friends that you've made there how you'd like to stay in contact with them even after you leave. Tell your students how proud you are of them and keep encouraging them daily. You have opportunities to be BIG influences in these young people's lives, and that's a very awe-inspiring place to be, seriously. You can and do make a difference, so just keep doing it no matter how short or long that period of time is. Help out with the English Village thing, and have fun with it! You're an aspiring writer and artist, right? Be creative, and don't be shy about it!
Yeah, my dilemma is do I say through my contract, or do I find something new from the beginning of the year? I'm just worried that if I stay, it may be difficult to find something new when August comes around. It's not always easy to find things partly through the year. :P I have one employer contacting me that I'll have to find out more about...but seriously the question now is "do I stay or do I go!?" Ugh!
As for your crush, well, why not go for it? Be creative with that, too. Think of a cute (guys like cute) way to show interest. Do you talk to him much? Do you know things he's into? You can always try to set up a group activity to see what he's like in an outside-of-work setting. But make sure your mind and heart are in the right place, first. That is to say, don't go in thinking, "if this fails, then I'll be super-depressed." Maybe give yourself a little bit of time to digest today's events, and when you're ready, get back in the battle. And be realistic. He may like you, and he may not. If he doesn't, it's OK. It doesn't mean you're an unworthy person. It simply means he doesn't like you. It happens, and it's OK.
Heehee I don't think he's into me that way...actually I think he likes my Japanese friend, and she doesn't really like him that way either. It's a very awkward triangle of friends, but it's really fun when all three of us get together. I just sent him a message to remind him that our friend will have her last day at school this Wednesday and that we were thinking about going out to lunch if he wanted to join us...and that I may not be continuing next year. He said cool to the first point and asked me why I might leave... And he said the funniest thing that really made me laugh: "You need a workplace that's like baby i need u 24 7" lol wth is that!? Is he quoting something or what? :P
And always remember that you never know what twists may come in life. You may find another job that you never expected to get that is even more awesome than this one. Things may change and you get to stay right where you are. Who knows? But a job ending doesn't equal a life ending. Keep hope for good things, and don't give up when you're given bad things.
Thanks so much for your encouragement! I know I totally have these crazy ups and downs, and I'm sorry to voice them publicly. But every little comment does help! Thank you! *glomp*

And I've got a couple new things updated recently. First up are several cels from YST, mostly from the 2nd OVA with Mukara's henshin sequence. I've just uploaded a couple sketches of an unknown show tonight. I was thinking it might be from Angelique Abyss but I don't think that's right any more. heh If anyone recognizes this dude, please let me know!! :D

Next update will include some more Nabari no Ou (Tobari) sketches and a couple more B't X cels. <3
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

In the past couple weeks, I've made a few updates to the gallery, most of which take place in the B't X sections. I've also made several new scans for older items and uploaded the new images--I've also managed to do this for the entire gallery of Ys II cels... in preparation for a few more additions!! I *can't wait* for those to come!! It's been years since I've found anything from this series.

I also uploaded a couple sketches of Tobari from Nabari no Ou as well as a few sketches from a previously unknown series. Luckily, OLM was written on one of these sketches so I did a search and with a bit of trial and error I discovered the title and exact episode which this shot takes place: Super Robot Wars OG, Episode 21. It was really fun trying to figure this out!!

And for today's update, I have this beauty of an oversized pan...

This takes place during a pretty pivotal moment toward the end of the B't X Neo OVA. This is actually the cel that I was kicking myself for missing out on, but I was lucky enough to receive a second chance on it... so here it is, in it's new, happy home!! <3

* * * L A S T L Y * * *

This is really difficult to decide...but I'm really going to try hard to NOT BUY ANY MORE CELS for a while. I've been trying to save money to move...and I just can't do it on my current income plus spending habits. I have until sometime in June to find an apartment that I can afford to move into... I've been to multiple housing agencies and just about everything requires around $3,000-3,500 upfront for a new room; I found maybe one that is under $2,000 but I don't know how long that will be available since I don't have that cash right now. So I'm really going to try hard to curb my spending at least for a while, as long as no more wishlists appear. *sigh*

And also, if you see anything that catches your eye and you'd like to send me an offer on it, please do. I doubt I'll accept anything in my main titles, but if you'd like to try for anything else in my gallery, please do not hesitate to send me a PM or message through Rubberslug; it should work.
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Well guys, I am now safely moved into the new apartment!! Actually, I've been here for 2 weeks already!! I don't know where THAT time went!

But now that I've had the chance to unpack everything, I was at last able to scan some remaining cels that had been unscanned due to packing stuff up. Here are the new goodies:

B't X - Phoe (Unknown episode)

B't X - TV Episode 1 - Kotaro

B't X Neo Opening - Karen

Samurai Troopers - Kikoutei Densetsu - Mukara Henshin

Samurai Troopers - OVA - Jun (Unknown episode)

Samurai Troopers - TV Episode 39 - Jun

Samurai Troopers - TV Episode 39 - Jun

I have a couple other new things to scan in the next week when they arrive, so stay tuned to those updates!

Lastly, my gallery is still open for offers! Just send me a PM here or an E-mail at this address: kikoutei_rekkaAThotmailDOTcom

Take care!
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

A few more updates...

Nightwalker, Episode 10: Angel Breed
This is one of the final moments that you see this character in the episode. It's just after Shido defeated (slaughtered) the monster form of him... and he momentarily transforms back into his angel form. This is as he's reaching out to Yuki.

Honey & Clover: Young Shinobu with cat
I only vaguely remember this scene (must rewatch the series again sometime; I remember really enjoying it) but I believe Shinobu took in a stray cat and was giving it lots of love--perhaps too much... Poor kitteh!!!

Honey & Clover: Young Shinobu & Kaoru
This is the following still after the one above, showing Kaoru rescuing the cat. lol

I have some more H&C updates to make soon. :)
tex-chan
Bish Mistress

Post by tex-chan »

Wow, Rekka!! You've been through a lot since the last time I visited your thread. That's what I get for forgetting to come around and check out all the new pretties!!

I'm sorry to hear that you'll have to leave your current school in July. I hope you are able to find (or maybe already found?) something new. I'm happy you found a new apartment! That's awesome!! I hope you love it and feel completely at home there already. :)

I love ALL your new additions! There are so many that I really don't know where to start. But, before I get to that, I have to go way, way, way back to when you first posted some of your unscanned sketches (a few pages back). I just realized I never commented on those, and I feel I must. Because -- WOW!! *_* The sketches of Ryo when he is transforming, with the flames all around and that wonderful expression on his face: caught somewhere between fear and feeling all-powerful or something ... Those are INCREDIBLE! I am so happy you scanned and posted them. Seeing them was a huge treat.

I'm thrilled you were able to get a second chance at the B'tX cel you missed out on. That is one incredible pan. I just love it, and can't think of a better place for it to live than in your collection. I love the cels of Jun with Anubis's necklace -- so cool. Also, the cels of the priest-guy (can't remember his name -- argh!) from the OVA are beautiful. Your new Nightwalker cel is so lovely, too. One of the prettiest "angel breed" cels I've seen out there.

Your Aya cel from the first WK opening (Velvet Underworld) definitely looks a lot like Virus Buster Serge artwork -- and for good reason! The first Weiss opening is among the many things on which Masami Obari worked. I am brain dead and suffering from a huge headache at the moment, so I can't recall his exact position on the Weiss Velvet Underworld team. I think he directed it or was in charge of the character designs or something like that. Sorry I'm unable to be more accurate. I hate it when I have a brain fart like this. LOL
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

tex-chan wrote:Wow, Rekka!! You've been through a lot since the last time I visited your thread. That's what I get for forgetting to come around and check out all the new pretties!!
Hey there, texie! Absolutely no worries! Glad you enjoyed looking around a bit! :D
I'm sorry to hear that you'll have to leave your current school in July. I hope you are able to find (or maybe already found?) something new.

Yeah, one good thing is that my current company didn't pay me until almost 2 months after I first started working, so that means even a month after I quit, I'll still get another paycheck. It was horrible at the beginning, but might be a blessing if I can't find anything right away. I might have to go snivelling back to my old job until the end of the year. There are usually always openings from the summer (because so many people leave!!! That might give you an accurate idea of how royally the job sucks). lol
I'm happy you found a new apartment! That's awesome!! I hope you love it and feel completely at home there already. :)
Actually, yes!! I really enjoy my apartment now!! That's so much stress off my back. I don't have to worry about weird neighbors keeping me up at all hours of the night. During the day it gets pretty busy with people walking around (the zoo is just a block away!!) but at night, it's almost dead quiet. There's a huge park across the street from me, too, so there is very little of anything to make noise. I only hear the occasional car--or drunk person singing on their way. LOL

I just had my first home party with a bunch of awesome new friends I made at a nearby bar that has live music, called High Pitch (HP). I try to go as often as I can and meet people. Many of the people I've met there are musicians who also perform there every other week or per-monthly. They were kinda shocked because I didn't have any other foreign friends over--everyone was Japanese. haha Then the following day was Open Mic night at HP and I sang Duran Duran's "Ordinary World" and L'Arc-en-Ciel's "Good Luck My Way" this time. We have a bass, guitar, and keyboardist who take care of the music (I give them the song, music, and .mp3 if I have it and the bassist writes the music for everyone!! They're amazing!). The last Open Mic I did Tears for Fears "Everybody Wants to Rule the World", Bon Jovi's "It's My Life" and again L'Arc-en-Ciel's "wild flower". It's soooooo much fun! Next month is going to be all L'Arc for me, doing "wild flower" again and then "honey". :D I kinda recorded what we sounded like (no video, I'm too shy for that!!) for "Good Luck My Way" so if I upload it sometime, I'll post a link here. ^^;;;
I love ALL your new additions! There are so many that I really don't know where to start. But, before I get to that, I have to go way, way, way back to when you first posted some of your unscanned sketches (a few pages back). I just realized I never commented on those, and I feel I must. Because -- WOW!! *_*
Aww, thanks!! Yeah, those sketches were especially beautiful, I thought. I'm glad you enjoyed them! The colors seemed to scan pretty well, too!!
The sketches of Ryo when he is transforming, with the flames all around and that wonderful expression on his face: caught somewhere between fear and feeling all-powerful or something ... Those are INCREDIBLE! I am so happy you scanned and posted them. Seeing them was a huge treat.
Yeeeesss, I love the Kikoutei henshin sequence. Sadistic little me loves those emotions in there! There certainly is a bit of fear (maybe even pain?) involved as well. >:D
I love the cels of Jun with Anubis's necklace -- so cool. Also, the cels of the priest-guy (can't remember his name -- argh!) from the OVA are beautiful.
Heehee, yeah... Jun is a little twerp throughout much of the show but he has his good moments, that last bit of eps 39 would be one of his best moments. There's a lovely, angsty manga strip that was made from that very sequence that I scanned many years ago and uploaded to my website. Let me see if I can find it, if it's still there, I'm not sure..... The Japanese name for Anubis was Shuten; they either gave the characters entirely new names or just switched them around. lol

Anubis = Shuten
Sekhmet = Naaza
Cale = Anubis
Dais = Rajura
Your new Nightwalker cel is so lovely, too. One of the prettiest "angel breed" cels I've seen out there.
Thanks!! I do love that character. Very short-lived minor character, but the design is beautiful *ahem* Motohashi-sama!!! <3 More on him in a minute....haha
I'm thrilled you were able to get a second chance at the B'tX cel you missed out on. That is one incredible pan. I just love it, and can't think of a better place for it to live than in your collection. I love the cels of Jun with Anubis's necklace -- so cool. Also, the cels of the priest-guy (can't remember his name -- argh!) from the OVA are beautiful. Your new Nightwalker cel is so lovely, too. One of the prettiest "angel breed" cels I've seen out there.
Oh man, that was one of the worst feelings I've had in a LONG time over missing an auction. It feels horrible to be outbid on something or lose a bidding war, but to lose out because you didn't FIND the auction in time!? Even worse!! lol I am a complete sentimental fool when it comes to B't X. I really don't know how it's so cleverly found its way into my top beloved shows. It's quite a simple story, really. But something interesting on that topic that I realized recently...because I'm a moron... The main character designer is the same guy in charge of Fushigi Yuugi, Ayashi no Ceres, as well Maps, Nightwalker, Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas; all shows that I've at some point admired the artwork. I'm just a complete moron not to realize who the designer was: 本橋秀之 (Motohashi Hideyuki). I should find him on Twitter. haha
Your Aya cel from the first WK opening (Velvet Underworld) definitely looks a lot like Virus Buster Serge artwork -- and for good reason! The first Weiss opening is among the many things on which Masami Obari worked. I am brain dead and suffering from a huge headache at the moment, so I can't recall his exact position on the Weiss Velvet Underworld team. I think he directed it or was in charge of the character designs or something like that. Sorry I'm unable to be more accurate. I hate it when I have a brain fart like this. LOL
Ahh, yeah, you're right! I found some info saying he worked as a director and key animator, possibly more. And dear god, I can't drool any more over that "holy grail" of a cel you have from the same OP. Always loved that shot!!! :D

By any chance would you know who did the artwork in the Carnival 2000 Music Video? The style also seemed a bit familiar, but I could never place it.
http://youtu.be/H--4ENBko3E

Anyway, I have just a couple more updates to make to put me up to date (no more incoming things at the moment--no money!! lol). But in conclusion, I have a quick Rubberslug related question for anyone who might know. I try make clear descriptions on each item to make them easily searchable. For example, the new Angel Breed cel from Nightwalker, I clearly labelled it with both terms in the description but it still does not show up in the search with those terms. Any clue why?
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Just a couple updates tonight...! I have to make a run to Nakano tomorrow to pick up some goods and I should have a couple more updates after that! Weeee!! :bounce

Nazca, Episode 10: Kyoji

Takegami, Episode 1: Koichi
Nehelenia
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by Nehelenia »

That Koichi looks great :)
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Nehelenia wrote:That Koichi looks great :)
Thanks! It took me a bit to ID because there's another character standing in front of him in that scene. It gave me a good chance to rewatch the whole thing again. heehee
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Took a trip into Nakano today to pick up one thing...and found more things that I really shouldn't have found because then I had to buy them. Now I'm on a even tighter budget until the 20th. orz

Bought 4 cels from Chivas 1-2-3 (aka Sorcerer on the Rocks) two part OVA. I also made new scans of the cels that I already had from this series and have included them in the preview below! Click on the images to be redirected to each corresponding page on Rubberslug. :D

Image Image Image
Genmi

Image Image Image
Chivas
Gonzai
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by Gonzai »

Your updates are always so pretty. I always look every time you update.
Can't help myself - love the eye candy!! :bow
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

Aww, thanks!! I was really surprised to find the Chivas cels; they're a pretty rare find--and to discover a sequence mate?! Happy happy!! :3

I'm really surprised with the new cel oh Chivas in the gold armor. The new one almost has twice as many hits as the earlier sequence mate...and this was achieved in two days whereas the earlier one has been in my gallery for almost a year. xD
tex-chan
Bish Mistress

Post by tex-chan »

Ooooh! Just love your newest additions, Rekka! Those Chivas cels are particularly yummy. I loved "Sorceror on the Rocks", except for the fact that it was too darn short! :hitting:

Unfortunately, I don't know who was the animation director for Weiss Carnival 2000. It's a great video, though. Perhaps one of the other Weiss folks on the board might know ...
Rekka Alexiel

Post by Rekka Alexiel »

tex-chan wrote:Ooooh! Just love your newest additions, Rekka! Those Chivas cels are particularly yummy. I loved "Sorceror on the Rocks", except for the fact that it was too darn short! :hitting:
I know, right?! This is one of those rare exceptions where I can actually say that I enjoyed the dubbed version. It just cracks me up!
Unfortunately, I don't know who was the animation director for Weiss Carnival 2000. It's a great video, though. Perhaps one of the other Weiss folks on the board might know ...
heehee no problem, thanks!! The funny thing about this song, though... It was one of many random picks that I sang at karaoke the other night! t'was fun! xD

And in other news, I have some great additions to my Senritsu no Stratus section in my gallery, thanks to a fellow fan of the artwork. I wouldn't have been able to add these beauties of Seishiro without him! THANK YOU!!

This is a shot of the main character--and my favorite--just after he literally crashes into a parallel universe. Ouch.

Image Image

I still have a couple other sketches to add and will get to that later tonight or tomorrow. I know my budget is going to be really tight again this month...but I'm really itching to get back out to Nakano tomorrow... :D