Epicy Update! Saiyuki Reload Burial, and 1 Kino Makoto!!!

Show off your stuff!
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Epicy Update! Saiyuki Reload Burial, and 1 Kino Makoto!!!

Post by Jadeduo »

Hi all!

Epic update of new stuff!! I've been adding one or two items slowly to my gallery when I had an hour or so after work before I passed out @_@

But with the last two days off I was able to scan all the Saiyuki artwork I bought off of Mandarake recently. As well as a beautiful Kino Makoto I bought off of a dealer, that just came in my mailbox today!

I was also able to add comments to each piece before I posted it, something I have been very bad about doing in the past. Also any pieces that have the bigger thumbnails comments have been added as well as newer scans with my brand new high res scanner. The images are just so much better!

I also redid the gallery layout to be less austere and more pastel, I changed it because I realised, yikes I own more CCS than anything else and it's never been on the main page!!!!

So I hope everyone enjoys, all the beauties as much as I have. Oh and if you like Saiyuki and have not seen Burial yet, I suggest you do. It was animated with much better care than the first series, and is very beautiful!

*hugs*
Jadeduo
:jump
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

I've already stopped by several times to see your Saiyukis go up, and this last batch really tops all. My only complaint ( :emb :joke :emb ) is that you should put at least some of the backgrounds in the featured spots, or perhaps open a parallel gallery for the best of the bg art.

This absolutely amazing, incredibly detailed temple interior is way, way too good to hide in a thumbnail. And this tremendous pan forest image is not far behind. Golly, wonderful, detailed layouts, beautiful backgrounds, a haul well worth hauling in!

On behalf of Kannon, the Goddess of Mercy, I thank you for getting all that tape off. I'm spending a half hour every day stripping tape off Saiyuki sketches that should have come off two years ago, and now have left readily visible damaged marks on some of my most beloved images. (Thankfully, my mostly-naked Son Goku was spared by having been done on extra large sketch paper, but poor Badass Kougaiji now has something more to be irritated about.

A couple more bugs to work out and I'm off in my time machine to terminate the inventor of Scotch Tape.
Jadeduo
Senpai - Elder

Saiyuki BG's

Post by Jadeduo »

lol, let me help you with that time machine Sensei, I have couple 3 inch balls of scotch tape we can pelt at him ^_^

About the backgrounds if more people are interested I would have no problem giving the backgrounds their own page. If anyone else thinks that I should separate the really nice backgrounds from their matching sketches I would be happy too. ^_^

And I definitely agree with you that the Buddha background is most definitely the best in the lot. :D

I've not yet collected from a CG anime before this, lol except for some Chii sketches I picked up in 2004 and then subsequentially sold. I'm hoping to continue to pick up more Saiyuki as time goes on. It's also very interesting that non-CG anime's backgrounds are harder to come by, as well as when you do find them they are stuck. :P

Anywho it's always great to hear that people are interested!

*hugs*
Jadeduo
:jump
syan
Senpai - Elder

Post by syan »

Those are a lovely bunch of sketches! I haven't gotten that far into Saiyuki, but I'll take your word on the better animation. It took me a while to get used to it in the first place. :wink:

I have to agree with sensei - separate out the backgrounds! I like them, be they detailed or randomly quirky. I admit, I thought the extra images were screenshots (clearly I didn't look at the thumbnail in detail or open them for a bigger view). *goes back to check out the backgrounds*
Penguinton
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Penguinton »

Wow gorgeous update. :D