Ever had your artwork cited on another site or magazine?

Show off your stuff!
Krafty
Custodian of Records

Ever had your artwork cited on another site or magazine?

Post by Krafty »

I was doing some browsing and noticed that a Japanese blog page mentioned my collection of Angel Blade artwork. It's very brief, but was a fun discovery! *ha ha*
From post 103 onwards. (Note that this page discusses adult anime , in Japanese, and has clickable images to hentai content. It is however work safe as the images are only visible via clicking the text links)

The writer was questioning whether my settei from this hentai series was original or from a book. He would have been welcome to ask me, but his English might be poor so he didn't bother.
I've not had my images discussed for a while, as far as I know, not since my Akira website was reviewed in a couple of magazines.

Aside from someone hotlinking your images, have you had your website/collection discussed on another website or magazine?[/b]
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Just briefly, in a profile of my academic work published in The Chronicle of Higher Education. This was based on an interview, in which a freelance writer who was doing a series on "outsider" research, came to my town and wandered around with me over Halloween. I don't know what he expected to see (we gave out treats to a modest number of kids, then went to a nearby town to see a friend's yard decorations and tell spooky "true experience" stories in the driveway). But sometime during the visit I showed him one of my cel books, and the freelancer put this in as one of of several very strange things for an academic to do. (I also drove a Honda Odyssey "the color of dried blood.")

It said a number of very complimentary things about my books, though, and helped push my Campus toward nominating me for promotion, which was by then about eight years overdue, so I didn't mind. It's archived on the net somewhere. Just Google "color of dried blood" + "Cardcaptor Sakura" and it should come right up.
Keropi
Bishoujo art collector

Post by Keropi »

Offhand I can only recall:

1. Discussions of my Video Girl Ai cels on the German prod artwork BBS

2. Discussion of my Macross Flashback cel on a BBS

3. Discussion of my Maison Ikkoku cels somewhere I can't recall anymore

That's all I can recall. I haven't collected from particularly popular shows over the years and I haven't posted them up very often or timely either. :P
JWR
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator
Kitten Rescuer - Moderator

Post by JWR »

Only mentions of my gallery were some posts on Comic Art Fan.
"Like the wind crying endlessly through the universe, Time carries away the names and the deeds of conquerors and commoners alike. And all that we are, all that remains, is in the memories of those who cared we came this way for a brief moment." Harlan Ellison
Killua
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by Killua »

None that I'm aware of.
Shampoo
Kiba-phile

Post by Shampoo »

sensei wrote:.... But sometime during the visit I showed him one of my cel books, and the freelancer put this in as one of of several very strange things for an academic to do. (I also drove a Honda Odyssey "the color of dried blood.")

..... It's archived on the net somewhere. Just Google "color of dried blood" + "Cardcaptor Sakura" and it should come right up.
LMAO!!
:hitting: :rollin
Sensei your stories never fail to crack me up
or put a smile on my face
"dried red blood" too funny!
XD
:crackup

I've only been mentioned in 2 forums.
One was a japanese doujinshi KibaXHinata fanclub
where someone put a link up to my RS
as a place to look at Kiba artwork
(dont think they knew its actually production art no
fanart)

And the 2nd was 2 different sections of
the Naruto fan forums.
One was pointed out to me by mightymask that
the english dub for Kiba wanted to know where to get
Kiba production art.
The other was pointed out to me by another betarian
(whose name esapes me-- gomen!!)
that someone posted up my RS site as where the Kiba
artwork has been going to and what a big "hoarder" I am.

:roll :roll :FU

Other than that, nothing else I'm aware of.
graymouser

Post by graymouser »

Nothing recently.

A few years ago there were several links made to my Heroic Legend of Arslan collection. It came from a Middle Eastern anime board. Unfortunately, I couldn't tell what they were talking about since the writing was in Arabic.
transmet
Senpai - Elder

Post by transmet »

I had a very nice correspondence a few years back with Paula O'Keefe who runs the amazing Amalgam website which is dedicated to all things Samurai Champloo. We realized we had battled for some of the same artwork over the years, and she wondered if I had it posted online anywhere. I, of course, immediately pointed her in the direction of my 'Slug gallery. She then put up a link to it in the Misc. Production Artwork section under the heading "Champloo fan Lance offers us a look at his kickass SC original art collection", which is still up to this day and just pleases me to no end. I reciprocated in kind by featuring her site in my links section (although I'm sure I got the better end on that deal considering how many hits my Champloo collection gets compared to my other titles).
GuyvarIII

Post by GuyvarIII »

Yes. I was contacted out of the blue by a UK mag, Cereal Geek (from feedback I’ve received most of my site’s fans seem to be European or Japanese :shrug ) about using two of my Harlock cels in their third, and one of my Gaiking cels in their fourth, issue ( I especially enjoyed how they used the Gaiking one).

It seems I am posted about on some blogs. I was told there was a rant about my hording all the good Guyver cels (a side effect of collecting for many years and that being one of my favorite series - or maybe it‘s true :evilblk ) but I do know of two websites where I am listed as a reference:

Anime Web Turnpike - where someone listed my site as a place to view Thunder Jet / Ginga Sengoku Gunryuuden Rai cels

Guyver-reborn - where some of my Guyver cels of Masaki Murikami, as both man and Zoalord are displayed with my site credited as the source.

Actually, rather than my cels, to my surprise I often find parts of my blurbs or synopsizes/observations on other sites…
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

AbsoluteAnime has used my cel of OVA Hisoka (and thankfully credited me): http://www.absoluteanime.com/hunter_x_hunter/hisoka.htm
guardiansofgood
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by guardiansofgood »

I have had a few on different sites:

Transformers:
In a recent book on model material for the Transformers -The Ark, some of my stuff was published.

Alot of the forums grab cels to talk about them like here:
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... ay-165737/

Voltron
http://www.voltron.com/main.asp (at top select background...has my Voltron cel of Pidge and drawing cel included.

On the 3d season some of my cels where supose to be in the Special section.

Last Unicorn
http://www.peterbeagle.com/merchandise/

I dont mind, but it would be nice if the people approached you first, I hate to have to put matermarks across everything. :wink:
|^^^^^^^^^^^^|II ___
| ______________ l '|""";..,l ____
|_…_…______===|= _|__|…, ] |=
"(@ )'(@ )""""*|(@ )(@ )*****(@)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://guardians.rubberslug.com/gallery/home.asp
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
cutiebunny
Yosutebito - Hermit

Post by cutiebunny »

I visited the T Ono site today and found a new interview featuring Yuki Takano. She works for CIRCUS (a eroge company) and was at Anime Expo 2010.

At the bottom (and as the bumper image) was my exact shikishi of Ayaka from "Princess Party" and in the interview she mentions that of the characters she's worked on, Ayaka is her fave.

The article - http://www.t-ono.net/Interview/Yuki-Tak ... rview.html

My shikishi - http://cutiebunny.rubberslug.com/galler ... mID=324183
Joost

Post by Joost »

Never really looked for it, but I'm mentioned at nausicaa.net ( ghibli posters)
And just found out this one for my Romeo cels :
http://anipike.com/index.php?env=-inlin ... -s&reset=1
And some other ones, don't really know that site :)
sensei

Post by sensei »

I did a quick Google for "Sensei's Anime Gallery" and found three of my Powerpuff Girls Z sketches up on an image archive centered in India (www.connect.in.com)

Plus several references to it as an "excessively stately gallery of CCS cuteness."

Plus a long description of it in Dutch on a forum called Aniway. In part:
Na Rallihir's cel Gallery de beste collectie van CCS en MKR cels. Heeft daarnaast een aantal goede cels/sketches van Tonde Buurin, I'm gonna be an angel, Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne en Hyper Police. Deze gallery is de best gepresenteerde en onderhouden cel gallery die ik gezien heb.
Next to Rallihir's Cel Gallery, the best collection of CCS and MKR cels. Also good cels/sketches from Tonde Buurin, Tenshi ni Narumon, Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, and Hyper Police. This gallery is the best presented and maintained cel gallery that I have seen. :emb Gomenasai, Macron One!

Lots of other good words about Betarians' galleries at the same source. Bing does a pretty good job with the instant translation, though Dutch is such a close cousin of English that it's easy to read without it. (Visit for the drop-dead cel of Emeraude, just above the gallery kudos.)

And a number of links on a very interesting movie/book review page:

http://theinsatiablecritic.blogspot.com/

...which is run by someone who comes to my house every Easter and Christmas to covet my Meilin cels.

I'm not sure I understand the "algorithm" that Google uses to order the results it returns, but I'm intrigued that these subgalleries show up in the in this order:

1. xxxHolic
2. NieA_7
3. Grimm Masterpiece Theatre
4. A Tree of Palme
5. Vampire Princess Miyu
6. Princess Tutu
7. Hyper Police

Interesting topic: thanks CB for resurrecting it.
GuyvarIII

Post by GuyvarIII »

Update:

By chance (truthfully, while searching for “MD Geistâ€