Small addition to my gallery.

Show off your stuff!
Macron one
Kamisama - God

Post by Macron one »

sensei wrote:An immediate sequence-buddy of one of my own! Cool! /no1 :evil2 /no1
I notice you've already linked to my two most recent CCS additions in the description to your cels from the same sequence. That was seriously fast!
I'm very impressed that you've linked to all sequence mates of your cels in other galleries, particularly for sequences that are spread out among many collectors, like for example the Firey sequence. It's fun to be able to see who has what cels and how these compare to their sequence mates.
Captain Haddock wrote:
It's good/bad to see another Burn Up collector on the scean as well.
It's not quite accurate to say that I collect Burn Up cels. I mainly purchased the ones I have because they looked nice and were very affordable. I may buy a few more eventually, but I don't really look for them like I do with CCS, MKR and Nadesico cels.
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Macron one wrote:I notice you've already linked to my two most recent CCS additions in the description to your cels from the same sequence. That was seriously fast!
At my age, if I don't do it when I notice the sequence-buddy, I won't remember to do it later. :)
Captain Haddock wrote:Sensei how can a ccs collector not be a sequence buddy of yours! It happens by default man!
Is it my fault that Macron and I share good taste?
Macron one
Kamisama - God

Post by Macron one »

Small update of mostly CCS items. I had originally intended to upload these along with the items from my previous update, but the majority of my stuff was auto-shipped by SMJ before these had arrived at their warehouse. The Clow cards now have a slightly larger presence in my gallery with the addition of a Watery cel, a Windy cel and a second Firey cel.
Macron one
Kamisama - God

Post by Macron one »

I've once again updated my gallery today. My favourite new additions are the MKR cel of Nova , the Rozen Maiden sketches of Suigintou and my AMG sketch of Belldandy and Keichi. There's also some new Nadesico and Cardcaptor Sakura additions.
Captain Haddock
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Captain Haddock »

Nice additions, the MKR cels are lush. I've never seen it but I've always appreciated the artwork.
Macron one
Kamisama - God

Post by Macron one »

Update time!
This time i've added a fair amount of stuff to my gallery, including the cels i won during the recent BWA and some extremely nice Nadesico cels. I also uploaded a few Yami to boushi to hon no tabibito, Kokoro Library and Maria sama ga miteru sketches and some cels from Plastic Little and CCS (including Sakura's very own crummy drawing).

A small change I made to the gallery was to dissolve my various sketches/backgrounds section and let all of the CG animated series have their own sections, as keeping them all bunched together was getting unnecessarily confusing anyway.
toonybabe
Kuwabarakuwabara - Oh My God!

Post by toonybabe »

Congrats on the Kikyo cel!
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

woa, I saw that ruri 11 on yja and thought to myself who was bidding on it...congrats man!

also congrats on Yami to boushi to hon sketches, those are awesome, I still remember the ultra nice char design as well as the catchy op :)
Blaster
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by Blaster »

I'm glad someone from RS/Beta snagged that awesome cel of Tita from Plastic little! Nice win! :D
Macron one
Kamisama - God

Post by Macron one »

toonybabe wrote:Congrats on the Kikyo cel!
Thanks! Kikyo is one of my favourite InuYasha characters, so i'd been looking for a nice cel of her for some time. I was outbid once before on Yahoo Japan, but managed to get this one for a very reasonable price during the BWA. I normally think of BWA items as having inflated prices, but there are some good bargains to be had nonetheless.

My collecting focus is mostly on Nadesico, CCS, MKR and Tenchi Muyo, so i probably won't purchase InuYasha cels all that often, but i'm definitely checking out the YJ listings regularly just in case.
theultimatebrucelee wrote:woa, I saw that ruri 11 on yja and thought to myself who was bidding on it...congrats man!
Thank you! Ruri is THE major money-drain of my collection, but as a result i've picked up some really good cels of the character. This one was the second most expensive cel i've purchased thusfar, but considering the popularity of neko-Ruri cels i count myself lucky to have been able to get it at all, without opposition even. I'm hoping to eventually find a close-up shot of Ruri in cat costume, preferably from the scene where she's eating a bowl of ramen. I can only imagine what that would cost me...*shudders*.
theultimatebrucelee wrote: also congrats on Yami to boushi to hon sketches, those are awesome, I still remember the ultra nice char design as well as the catchy op
Yeah, the splendid Carnelian character designs are also one of the things that got me interested in the series. Have you seen the Touka Gettan anime yet, BTW? It's by the same people who made Yamibou and it has a similar blend of comedy and weirdness. I definitely recommend it to anyone who enjoyed Yamibou.

Blaster wrote: I'm glad someone from RS/Beta snagged that awesome cel of Tita from Plastic little! Nice win!
Thanks! Plastic Little is a pretty average OVA in terms of story, but the animation and character designs are just gorgeous, which makes it a great anime to collect cels of. I really love the facial expression in this one especially.
There was another really good Tita cel up on YJ a few days before this one, which i was outbid on. I'm still kicking myself for not putting a higher bid on it.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

I remember watching an ep of touka gettan a few years back on crunchyroll and couldn't figure out whats what so decided to stop there. gonna check it out for a second time tho, for reasons I found myself recently began to enjoy animes that I had no interest in years back..didn't think it could happen lol
Macron one
Kamisama - God

Post by Macron one »

A few more things added, all of which were Yahoo Japan purchases. New cels/sketches include a set of CCS layouts from the sequence of Firey attacking, some Bubblegum Crisis cels, a few more sketches from Rozen Maiden and Marimite and three Tenchi Muyo cels.
sensei

Post by sensei »

Congrats on nabbing those CCS Firey layouts: though rough, they give a good picture of how this dramatic cut was well thought out from the very beginning.

And I'm happy to see another Slugger taking advantage of the fine Rozen Maiden inventory coming onto the market. The set of Nori and Hina-ichigo is very cute and special as it's the "episode-ender" cut in Ep. 2 that shows just before the credits roll. I'm pretty sure your nice Sui/Sou sketch is the genga for the rilezu on Office F&O's "sold out page" listed as "09-169." That's the episode and cut number and will get you to the place where the image appears.

Can't help also calling out this really nice new Inuyasha addition:

http://macroncels.rubberslug.com/galler ... mID=313541

I don't know the context, but I love it when characters insist on rising up perpendicular or sticking an arm out of the sheet of plastic where they're supposed to be lying down or squished flat. (Firey is another such.)
Macron one
Kamisama - God

Post by Macron one »

sensei wrote:Congrats on nabbing those CCS Firey layouts: though rough, they give a good picture of how this dramatic cut was well thought out from the very beginning.

Thanks! I was hesitant to bid on the sketch set for a moment because of how poorly detailed the layouts are, but purchased it because it really adds to my appreciation of the two Firey cels which I own and provides a nice sense of the scene's flow. Layout number 6 seems to correspond to my The Firey 2 cel, which is an added bonus.

sensei wrote: I'm pretty sure your nice Sui/Sou sketch is the genga for the rilezu on Office F&O's "sold out page" listed as "09-169." That's the episode and cut number and will get you to the place where the image appears.

*checks Office F&O site*
Wow, you're quite right. I seem to have also picked up the sketch that matches the 10-095 relizu, which is still sitting in SMJ's warehouse awaiting my next shipping request. I had placed a bid on the Shinku/Jun sketch that matches that 12-386 relizu as well, but was internally outbid on that one. Did you perhaps get it? It would be nice if that went to a rubberslug gallery, so i could view it occasionally.

Thanks for pointing me to the Office F&O website, by the way. I wasn't familiar with it yet. It strikes me as odd that they don't include the original sketch along with the relizu they're selling, though. You'd think that their customers would like to own at least SOMETHING that was used in actual production, rather than both a post-production cel and a replicated sketch.
I suppose i shouldn't complain, though, as their loss is my gain. In fact, looking at the other series they're selling relizu for, i really hope that some Touka Gettan, Higurashi and Hellsing Ultimate sketches eventually make their way to Yahoo Japan the same way.
sensei wrote:Can't help also calling out this really nice new Inuyasha addition:

http://macroncels.rubberslug.com/galler ... mID=313541

I don't know the context, but I love it when characters insist on rising up perpendicular or sticking an arm out of the sheet of plastic where they're supposed to be lying down or squished flat. (Firey is another such.)
I'm not entirely sure where that's from either. I thought it might be from the episode where Jaken falls ill and Rin goes looking for a medicinal plant to save him, but i'm not confident enough of that to include it in the description.
Macron one
Kamisama - God

Post by Macron one »

I've added some stuff to my gallery today. Additions include some Maria sama ga miteru layouts, a nice Rozen Maiden sketch, a CCS rough hanken genga and a few items from MKR, AMG and Tenchi Muyo.