Yume Hime
Otaku - Fanatic

Post by Yume Hime »

Skuld is so radiant on this one :) !
And evil desu is love <3 ! lol
Macron one
Kamisama - God

Post by Macron one »

Thanks! I always really liked Skuld's short umbrella scene from the OP, so i just had to acquire that douga sequence. I ended up paying way more than i had hoped to, but i'm still really pleased to have picked it up.

The Rozen Maiden genga of Shinku and Suiseseki is my favourite RM sketch thusfar. That scene is one of my favourite funny moments from the series. Suiseseki is just perfect at playing the part of wicked witch.

By the way, i just noticed that the auto-scaling doesn't seem to work anymore. It goes straight to the full-size image, instead of scaling it down to a normal size. Anyone else experiencing the same problem?
I hope it gets fixed soon, as it's kinda inconvenient not being able to view the images at a proper size.
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Heh. I was lurking for that Rozen White/Jade Witch sketch, too. But I was out of cash when it came up. I'm glad it's at a good home. The CCS hanken sketch is also very pretty.

One solution to the autoscaling issue is to go into your profile and turn the autoscaling off. Then reduce the images you upload to a standard size (I use 600 pixels to the broad side as a standard, going to 650 or 700 for oversized items. That way you know what size your images will show up as, and problems with autoscaling don't bother you.

Of course that means you'd need to go back, reduce, and re-upload all of the images in your gallery. Which I did do when I made the change. Took me about six weeks to do it, with the gallery delisted the whole time. But I'm glad I did it, as I like the creative control it returned to me.
Macron one
Kamisama - God

Post by Macron one »

A number of YJ and Mandarake purchases arrived recently, so it's time for another gallery update! New additions include 3 recent BWA wins (CCS cel, Gall Force hanken and Togainu no Chi hanken genga), a Nadesico cel of Ruri and some really nice CCS sketches.

I'm also really happy to have had the opportunity to purchase a lot of very good YamiBou layout sketches from Angelic-Lair (You guys rock!).
ReiTheJelly
Himajin - Get A Life

Post by ReiTheJelly »

Ah, so you're the lucky winner of the hanken genga with The Wood and The Rain in it!
sensei

Post by sensei »

Congratulations on your diabolical CCS cel from the BWA. That's a delightful moment. The hanken gengas are very fine also, especially the one from the Snowy adventure.
Macron one
Kamisama - God

Post by Macron one »

ReiTheJelly wrote:Ah, so you're the lucky winner of the hanken genga with The Wood and The Rain in it!
Yes, though i only won 4 out of 6 YJ auctions of the hanken genga based on that episode. I was a bit reluctant to bid a lot, as the BWA was not far away at the time and i wanted to have a reasonably large budget set aside for that. Unfortunately, i didn't have very much luck with the BWA bidding, so i regret not bidding a bit higher for the two Yahoo Japan hanken genga auctions i lost.
sensei wrote:Congratulations on your diabolical CCS cel from the BWA. That's a delightful moment. The hanken gengas are very fine also, especially the one from the Snowy adventure.
Thank you! The episode 35 "evil sakura" cel is my favourite recent acquisition, as i particularly like to have good cels from funny scenes in anime (i'll be trying my luck at this YJ auction as well, for example).
The hanken genga based on the episode that featured The Snow card is also my favourite of the CCS sketch additions. It still strikes me as really odd that i got it for only 22000 yen, while the CCS hanken genga that was in the recent BWA went for a collosal 110000 yen. Granted, that one was probably a bit more desirable, but even so..

Speaking of which, is it just me or do CCS hanken cels never seem to appear on Yahoo Japan or Mandarake? I've seen colour test cels, OP cels and several hanken genga, but i can't recall ever seeing an actual hanken cel show up on either auction site in the approx. 16 months that i've been collecting.
Macron one
Kamisama - God

Post by Macron one »

Another update to my gallery! I've got a bunch of items in two newly added series sections : Pita Ten and Tokimeki Memorial. There's also some new CCS, Yamibou and Marimite additions again. My gallery now also has its first rilezu cel: a very beautiful piece based on a magazine illustration for the Yami to boushi to hon no tabibito anime.
sensei

Post by sensei »

Heh. From looking at the thread I'm getting to be a Macron Stalker. It's a good thing that the ocean is so wide and my boat is so small.

Anyhow, your Tokimeki Memorial OVA cel of the girl writing at the kitchen table...

http://macroncels.rubberslug.com/galler ... mID=326333

... is one of the most lovely anime art items I've seen lately. The shadows and diffused light make this set-up rival a high art object. Gorgeous.

The Yami to boushi to hon to tabibito (whew!) rilezu is very fine.

http://macroncels.rubberslug.com/galler ... mID=326400

I think I do see "New Type" in the labels you include as a thumbnail, so that's likely the source of the image. Very complex, lush design, with the big eye peeping out from the hat being an especially eerie touch. You might have a close look: If the trace lines are hand inked, as they are in some rilezu, then you might be safe in leaving it framed (out of sunlight of course).

Congrats on the Holo hanken sketch: definitely worth a wolf whistle.

http://macroncels.rubberslug.com/galler ... mID=326402

The CCS additions are as always very fine. Is that the Nude Bank that the seller put up with discreet lines over parts of the anatomy?

http://macroncels.rubberslug.com/galler ... mID=326340

That was sneaky, as none of these CCS "nudes" actually show any body parts. (They were intended as bottom layers for costumes to be designed later and painted on a top cel layer.)

It's good to know where the Sakura in the bathtub cel is. Maybe some arrangement could be made in due time to get mega-Kero-chan back together with her.

Congrats and thanks for an enjoyable break from sweaty ethnographing.
Eternal Squall
Kamisama - God

Post by Eternal Squall »

Beautiful Spice and Wolf Hanken! I am sooooo jealous! Congrats on all your lovely additions! :hello
Macron one
Kamisama - God

Post by Macron one »

sensei wrote:Is that the Nude Bank that the seller put up with discreet lines over parts of the anatomy?

http://macroncels.rubberslug.com/galler ... mID=326340

That was sneaky, as none of these CCS "nudes" actually show any body parts. (They were intended as bottom layers for costumes to be designed later and painted on a top cel layer.)
It's indeed the same one that had the unnecessary censorship bars. It didn't do the seller much good though, as there wasn't any competition for the cel and i managed to get it at the starting price of 5000 yen, which is quite reasonable for a nude bank cel (a similar one fetched about 17K yen a few months earlier if i recall correctly).
It's good to know where the Sakura in the bathtub cel is. Maybe some arrangement could be made in due time to get mega-Kero-chan back together with her.
When i got that cel, i must admit i was also keeping in mind the possibility of suggesting a trade in order to reunite the Sakura and Kero layers. I haven't quite decided on what items to propose trading yet (haven't forgotten about the Tomoyo & Sakura skiing cel though :wink: ), so if you have a trading suggestion in mind feel free to let me know.

Congrats and thanks for an enjoyable break from sweaty ethnographing.
Thank you! I always enjoy seeing people's new gallery updates, so i'm really happy that my updates are likewise being viewed and appreciated.

Eternal Squall wrote:Beautiful Spice and Wolf Hanken! I am sooooo jealous! Congrats on all your lovely additions!
Thanks! I was pleasantly surprised to have been able to get it, considering my bid wasn't very high. My memory is a little vague on this, but didn't a very similar Holo hanken genga fetch some ludicrously large amount of money on Mandarake about a year ago? Given that, i didn't think my bid would stand any realistic chance of surviving. I'm glad i applied the "Ah, what the heck! It can't hurt to try" principle and tried my luck anyway.
Macron one
Kamisama - God

Re: Small addition to my gallery.

Post by Macron one »

Got an SMJ package and a few E-bay purchases in this week and uploaded the items to my gallery today. My favourite additions this time are some nice YamiBou OP sketches, a CCS cel of Sakura visiting Tomoyo's house, a funny sketch from Kobato and a couple of Fate/Stay Night sketches.
sensei

Post by sensei »

Congrats on the new additions, especially on that hanken-like Yamibou OP sketch. That was pricy, but so nice that even I lurked around it when it counted down, even though I knew nothing about the series at all.

The CCS additions are also tasty. Your moody set-up from Sakura's (richly deserved) Big Cry in the Park scene (guys -- a hint -- always carry a clean handkerchief!) is especially nice. Madhouse seems to have been fond of taking original watercolors that weren't quite the right shades and manipulating them digitally, then printing out the modified image and taping it right over the original watercolor. I have a couple of these from Ep. 68 that are just like yours. I also really liked Tomoyo's huge room, which shows the class difference between her and her idol.

Nice to see some of Rei's treasures go to another home that will cherish them. (Just don't lock them up in a treasure box unless you have a magical girl handy with a lethally sharp sword to help you get it back open again.)
Macron one
Kamisama - God

Post by Macron one »

Thanks, sensei!

I was kinda surprised by that odd copy BG copy on top the original one, so i'm happy you were able to clear up that little mystery. :)
Once i finally get around to surgically removing cellotape from my sketches, i'll make sure to be careful with the copy BG as well, considering i now know it's the one that was actually used for that cut.
The YamiBou OP is one of favourite recent purchases (even if it cost me more than i really wanted to spend on it) and i was pleasantly surprised that it came with the entire train cut from the OP as well, which nicely makes up for the pricetag.
There's one CCS cel i actually forgot to include in my update: an amusing cel of Tomoyo and Kero talking to eachother about stalking Sakura during her "date" with Yukito. I'll add it to the gallery once i receive the CCS cel that i won in the current BWA.
Macron one
Kamisama - God

Post by Macron one »

Another update!

This time just a very small, but at the same time very cool update of 2 CCS items. :)
The first is a cel i absent-mindedly forgot to include in my previous gallery update: an amusing cel of Tomoyo smiling and Kero grinning deviously as they prepare to stalk and secretly film Sakura during her date with Yukito. I'm very fond of this episode and Tomoyo and Kero's undercover antics, as you can see from the fact that i own several cels of Tomoyo in her "undercover outfit" already.
The other cel is the one i'm the most excited to have purchased: a really nice pan cel of Sakura and Tomoyo in their gym class attire from the episode 22 Kero corner segment. Not only am i really happy to have acquired an actual Kero corner cel, í've also always very much admired the friendship between Sakura and Tomoyo in CCS, so it's a dream come true to have such a great cel of them!

Both of these cels were BWA purchases. The Tomoyo + Kero cel was purchased during the spring 2011 BWA and the Sakura + Tomoyo cel during the recent Summer 2011 BWA. The latter is currently the most expensive cel i own. As i've already purchased quite a few cels and sketches this year and my intention is too cut back my production art-spending compared to last year, i will probably not be adding any additional items to my collection until early next year (must..resist ..looking at YJ auctions...).