Small addition to my gallery.

Show off your stuff!
Yupa
Kamisama - God

Re: Small addition to my gallery.

Post by Yupa »

Those are some great cels! Well you already have quite a large collection so I can imagine you want a break after winning such expensive cels. I don't think it's right to say your gallery is "presently still in it's infancy" anymore! :wink:
sensei
Moderator and Admin-in-waiting

Post by sensei »

Yupa wrote:I don't think it's right to say your gallery is "presently still in it's infancy" anymore! :wink:
Well, it's certainly not in its dotage (like mine is) but I'd have to agree that it has long since emerged as one of the very strongest CCS collections among those available online. And your getting a Kero's Corner pan cel that was used in the show is the dollop of whipped cream on top of the decoration cake. And there are treasures in your other series collections also (like your your terrific Anthy cel from Utena).

Enjoy! It may be an expensive collection, but it is certainly a fine, enviable one.
Macron one
Kamisama - God

Post by Macron one »

Thanks, guys! :D
Macron one
Kamisama - God

Post by Macron one »

I originally didn't plan on updating my gallery until next year, but since i picked up a couple of fairly inexpensive, yet rather nice items, i figured it couldn't hurt to update now.
Only a single cel this time, but it's a really nice one: a beautiful "wedding" cel of Syaoran and Meiling Unfortunately for Meiling, it was only a product of her overactive imagination, much like my "Evil sakura"cel.

The other addition i'm exited about is a set of 22 handdrawn Settei sheets from the Kurogane Communication anime. Obscurity was likely my friend in this case, as i managed to get these for a mere 12000 yen. A real bargain for genuine settei! The series, despite being relatively unknown, is quite good BTW. I recommend trying it out if you're interested in a post-apocalyptic story that's surprisingly optimistic in nature, unlike most series that deal with the subject.

The rest of my gallery additions are relatively unremarkable, though i do really like this Marimite layout.
sensei

Post by sensei »

This is a wonderful addition, and I like how Meilin, true to her personality, has firm hold of a sword-like serving knife and is about to carve into it. (Don't know about Japan, but I do recall that in the United States it's customarily the groom's duty to cut the first piece and serve it to his bride.)

Interesting additions elsewhere. I don't know Kurogane Communication, but getting so many original settei is a real treat.

You need to revise your estimation of your collection as "only average size" though. With 91 CCS items and the biggest Yamibou gallery online, plus significant batches of Tenchi Muyo! and Maria-sama ga Miteru art, you've definitely arrived at "major hitter" status.
Macron one
Kamisama - God

Post by Macron one »

My Yahoo japan purchases from the last couple of months finally arrived this week, so i've updated my gallery with some new additions, which also include my BWA cel purchases. Cardcaptor Sakura additions take center stage once again, but i've also acquired some more Kurogane Communication settei and sketches from Touka Gettan and Spice and Wolf. Of the new additions, the Sakura and Kero cel is my favourite. I'm a sucker for cels from funny scenes like this one.
sensei

Post by sensei »

Congratulations on the BWA wins. You certainly got the cream of the crop this time around in my opinion.

The Spice & Wolf set is also a very impressive addition!
Macron one
Kamisama - God

Post by Macron one »

Thanks, sensei!
My BWA bidding was indeed pretty succesfull this time, even though the Kero Corner cel and ep.66 cel went to other bidders for more money than i would have been willing to part with. While the 3 cels i managed to get are perhaps not as visually impressive as the 2 that got away, they're all from memorable scenes in the series, which makes them great pieces to own! Fortunately,two of my BWA wins were also remarkably reasonably priced, especially the cel of Sakura hugging her father, which was a mere 3600 yen, despite being from one of the most notable scenes in that episode. Interestingly enough, i've since won a Yahoo Japan auction for the matching genga set, which actually cost me a bit more.

The two Spice and Wolf items i picked up are also some of my favourite new purchases, as it can be a little tricky to get good sketches of Holo for a reasonable price. With it being such a dialog driven show, it doesn't have many scenes that really stand out visually. Whenever an eyecatching piece does show up for auction, it tends to be heavily contested. I've probably bid on at least a dozen S&W auctions that i ended up losing by a hair, so i've actually not had much luck thusfar, which made acquiring these two S&W pieces especially rewarding!
Yupa
Kamisama - God

Post by Yupa »

Great additions, Macron one. Likewise, I love the CCS cels from last BWA and the Spice and Wolf sketches.
frozentime
Kishin - Fierce God

Post by frozentime »

Also love the CCS additions! Congratulations!
Macron one
Kamisama - God

Post by Macron one »

Updated my gallery again today. A pretty small update this time, though there are a few interesting pieces.
My favourite of the new items is the three Touka Gettan OP cuts ( cut 2, cut 12 and cut 22 ). Touka Gettan sketches have been few and far between on YJ, so being able to get three entire cuts of OP sketches was a definite cause for celebration! Another rare find was a few Maria Sama ga miteru season 1 genga. These are the first Marimite sketches i've been able to find that were from a season other than the fourth. I also picked up another Ryoko cel, which is the first Tenchi Muyo item i've gotten in a while.
Yupa
Kamisama - God

Post by Yupa »

Nice update! I especially like the Touka Gettan OP cut 22. :)
Macron one
Kamisama - God

Post by Macron one »

Thanks, Yupa!

That Touka Gettan Cut is my favourite of the new additions as well. I really like the Touka and Momoka romance moments in the series, so i was very excited when these sketches showed up on Yahoo Japan. I'm hoping that the gorgeous pan shot from the very end of the OP might come up for sale too someday!
Macron one
Kamisama - God

Post by Macron one »

It's been several months, but i've finally gotten around to updating my gallery today. This time, there's a bunch of items from series i hadn't previously collected, such as Full Metal Panic, Chobits, Moon Phase and Oniisama E. My Oniisama E purchases were the result of me having recently watched the series streaming on Viki. I'm a sucker for old school shoujo melodrama, so i watched the entire 39 episode series in about 3 days and could not resist immediately looking around for a few cels from it, of which my favourite one is this harmony cel of Nanako with the petition form for the abolition of the sorority. My favourite addition of today's update though would of course have to be this ep.49 CCS cel , as i never expected i'd be able to find a second cel from that episode's trio of one-of-a-kind battle costumes.
theultimatebrucelee
Senpai - Elder

Post by theultimatebrucelee »

Awesome update Macron one! especially like your princess quest haken, I've never seen the series myself but the image is very pretty. that and the oniisama cels are very cool as well. its pretty funny that I was just watching this series weeks ago myself, except Im stuck on ep37...the story seems to get pretty slow toward the end that I can't bring myself to quite finish after going that far lol

also that's a lot of bid war fee there on the nice CCS cel, I'm very carious, do you by chance know how their bid war fee is calculated?